• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned

Ban Puncher

bKXP2By.jpg

Tizoc

Eh, no one will even remember that event or the delay when the game comes out and is good (if it's good).

The delay doesn't bother me or my brother at all (we're getting the SE with movie and splitting the price between us). I mean this game's been in development hell for 10 years, what's another...100 days ;P

Looking at a few game release calendars, there' s very few upcoming games Im very interested in.

Not even the Last Guardian!?

Personally, I'm hyped for Deus Ex and Dishonored. I thought the previous entries were excellent, even with the complaints against them.

And I'm interested in Titanfall 2. The first one looked cool. Never played it but looks are all that matters in gaming.

Ludens

Banned
Wr6oTiS.gif

Pretty embarrassing to hold a such a big event for the launch date announcement and then end up delaying it.

I find even more embarassing that video Tabata posted about offering a DEFINITIVE version of the game (missing all DLCs, of course, but that's a detail) and the fact people without a connection being unable to download the D1 patch (so what about those DLCs?). I'll take the PC Edition later to play DLCs, considering is pretty much sure it will launch for cheap and with all downloadable contents included (what's the point on releasing years later if this is not the case?), but meanwhile since thanks to GS offering the trade-in bonus and the awesome price of Unieuro (40€ if you pre-order it, 30€ with a discount I have), I can play it for free on PS4. A thing is sure: if the game sucks, I'll take the PC edition only when dirty cheap.

Also, wasn't November 30 the "troll" date during Uncovered before they switched to September?
http://imgur.com/a/45l2d

Regarding The Last Guardian, I remember back in days I bought a PS3 for it. After what, ten years later, the hype died and I'm not excited at all: the few videos around offer nothing good or comparable to Shadow of the Colossus or Ico.

You know, for the amount of heat PC gamers get when it comes to talking about getting the superior version of a game, Its weird how in so many threads on the gaming side are people talking about getting the superior PS neo version of said game.
I fear for the future comparison threads when people will unironically say "ps poor can't keep up with the my ps neo, suck it losers". Heck I wouldn't be surprised if I see "neo master race" at some point.
It's already hard to read threads on gaming side since someone has to bring up the neo for some reason.

Hektor

You know, for the amount of heat PC gamers get when it comes to talking about getting the superior version of a game, Its weird how in so many threads on the gaming side are people talking about getting the superior PS neo version of said game.
I fear for the future comparison threads when people will unironically say "ps poor can't keep up with the my ps neo, suck it losers". Heck I wouldn't be surprised if I see "neo master race" at some point.
It's already hard to read threads on gaming side since someone has to bring up the neo for some reason.

Yeah but you don't understand. Neo is a platform those people will own.

It's like bullying in school, it's only wrong if the others do it.

I'm waiting for the pc version
bundled with Nier Automata PC version as a pre-order bonus :")

You just force nier upon everybody who wants to buy ffxv. That's actually an amazing marketing idea to make people aware of the better franchise.

fantomena

Personally, I'm hyped for Deus Ex and Dishonored. I thought the previous entries were excellent, even with the complaints against them.

And I'm interested in Titanfall 2. The first one looked cool. Never played it but looks are all that matters in gaming.

Im very interested in Mankind Divided, Last Guardian, Dishonored, Gravity Rush 2 and Battlefield 1.

Games like Mafia 3, Titanfall 2, Gears 4, Civilization VI and Watch Dogs 2 im either skeptical to or not somewhat interested in.

Grow Up (supposedly) comes out tomorrow. Have any other Ubisoft games become unlocked day and date with their release?

Regarding The Last Guardian, I remember back in days I bought a PS3 for it. After what, ten years later, the hype died and I'm not excited at all: the few videos around offer nothing good or comparable to Shadow of the Colossus or Ico.

The videos and stills released look absolutely on the level of ICO and SotC. It just doesn't look like the leap it would've been had it had a normal development cycle.

Ludens

Banned
Grow Up (supposedly) comes out tomorrow. Have any other Ubisoft games become unlocked day and date with their release?

The videos and stills released look absolutely on the level of ICO and SotC. It just doesn't look like the leap it would've been had it had a normal development cycle.

I don't mean from a graphics side, but content side: TLG is not really exciting for me, while the concept behind Ico and SOTC is fascinating. But we'll see, happy to dismiss my opinion.

Ascheroth

I'm waiting for the pc version.
for the double dip, Pre-ordered the deluxe edition for ps4

I'm waiting for the pc version
of World of Final Fantasy

The only thing that's on my radar for the rest of the year is God Eater in ~2 weeks.
And Xanadu Next, whenever that will come out.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Wild Island Quest -- MB-58A139462CB5B5DC - Taken by Ludono

For Ozium.

derExperte

Ignoring that they're trying to sell a niche game that looks like PS3 for full price I assume there were very good reasons for all the delays and near cancellations. I liked ICO and Colossus but was there when Duke Forever got released. The excitement will have to wait until good reviews hit.

you can use the extra card as dedicated physx card right? I unplugged mine after upgrading, not sure if my power supply can run 2 cards

Little reason to, PhysX is dead.

Landmark 2016-06-10 GPU particle effects based on APEX Turbulence, cloth simulation
Fallout 4 2016-02-01 GPU bullet collision debris added in patch 1.3 (FleX)

That's it for this year and 2015's list isn't much longer.

Looking at a few game release calendars, there' s very few upcoming games Im very interested in.

I'm kinda like that as well. There are a few games that a release date is unknown that I'm interested in (Planet Coaster) but for the most part, I just want to play through my backlog.

Ignoring that they're trying to sell a niche game that looks like PS3 for full price I assume there were very good reasons for all the delays and near cancellations. I liked ICO and Colossus but was there when Duke Forever got released. The excitement will have to wait until good reviews hit.

This is a scenario where I expect the worst and hope for the best.

There just aren't that many games trying to capture that Ico/SOTC feel. Though, there are more now than ever, thanks to the golden age we've been in lately. (And let's not bullshit here, PC is specifically to thank for that.)

I'm also glad that people are stoked for Deus Ex and Dishonored. I know a certain banned GAFfer that will hate both outright, 100% for certain. But I was also around for the OG Deus Ex and Thief games and still have room in my heart for these new games.

Even when they take steps away from this pie-in-the-sky notion of "true" stealth toward *gasp* action.

Civilization 6 is a definitive.
No Man's Sky probably.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at some point.
Tyranny? Maybe? Don't know what the harcore RPG fans thinks about this one.

Don't feel that I need that much more.

The Last Guardian is interesting, but the question is if it's interesting enough to buy a PS4 for.

South Park might be fun this time, if they do not reuse 90% of the jokes from the show like last time. But uPlay.....bleurgh.

Monooboe

To be honest, that makes me little sad, sure I have to nostalgic eyes for it, from when it was announces before Nvidia bought them and I've always used it even if it meant sticking to 30FPS.

Anteater

I liked physx on Mirror's Edge, supposedly it makes it easier for devs to add physics or whatever but even Alice used their own tech for hair instead of physx lol

yeah I guess last game I remember having it is Arkham knight and the shitty batmobile smoke, I don't even notice the difference between physx rain and regular rain, lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom