• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
Civilization 6 is a definitive.
No Man's Sky probably.
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided at some point.
Tyranny? Maybe? Don't know what the harcore RPG fans thinks about this one.

Don't feel that I need that much more.

The Last Guardian is interesting, but the question is if it's interesting enough to buy a PS4 for.

South Park might be fun this time, if they do not reuse 90% of the jokes from the show like last time. But uPlay.....bleurgh.

The Last Guardian and Bloodborne make a PS4 purchase a certainty for me... But I'm definitely waiting for the Neo to drop. Pre-ordered Deus Ex: MD, and tempted by Civ 6, but I never play 4x games as much as I think I will, so unsure about it.

Pachimari

The Wolf Among Us

So I bought this game a while ago and just completed it this week and it's just amazing, easily the best Tell Tale story I've played and puts TWD2 to shame. What makes it stand out of other Tell Tale games is that your actions do matter in the game and helps you with your investigation into the murders and not just fodder as how it plays out in TWD2 where there was no repercussions for your actions. Choosing what location you needed to or what person to investigate gave it a lot more freedom and Tell Tale really nailed the investigation aspect of the game, think of it as gritty ace-attorney game with a hint of LA Noire. The narrative is also quite strong with nature and fascinating characters with deep lore rooting back to it's gable roots. visually it's stunning and helps with it's 80's neo-noire vibe. there is definitely replay ability since I did no obtain all the achievements once the story ended,

It's fantastic game and I'm kicking myself for not playing this earlier

I started this one up recently on iPad, now I feel compelled to continue!

Now play Tales from the Borderlands. You don't need to have played BLand games to enjoy it, as a stand alone it is a fun experience.

This one has been shit so far though.

It will come right after Batman, TWD Season 3, Minecraft Season 2, Mr Robot... xD

And Telltale's Marvel game.

Ban Puncher

what's a flex

tumblr_nbz6r96BmG1r7a0wxo1_500.gif

abracadaver

Rest of the year for me is:

Dead Rising
Quantum Break
Shadow Warrior 2
Mafia 3

And probably a dozen other games in the winter sale.

Interfectum

I have a baby coming in a month (or less) so my end of year gaming plans out the window. Biggest thing I'm looking forward to right now is Gwent beta... :|

Karak

Reviewed Grow Up for ACG on youtube.
Really fun game. Check that one out as well. Going through it a second time now.

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Divekick -- MB-C9B55C4807A6AFBF - Taken by Sarcasm
SpeedRunners -- MB-EB875B8ADA26517E - Taken by Jadax

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Wasn't Full Throttle Remastered scheduled for a 2016 release? Any news about that?

Grief.exe

The Bioshock remasters are also coming out September 13th, it's largely irrelevant to us but will be interesting to see what improvements Bioshock 1 and 2 receive.

yuraya

Was kind of hoping for a pc version of FFXV but if these guys are having such a hard time releasing it on consoles then I guess pc version isn't coming until like 2018. Probably even later.

Disappointing but oh well. Game looks like a mess anyways. Still hoping it turns out to be decent because the way Japan is going it will probably be like the last mega AAA Japanese game. FF16 will probably be a card game or some mobile/handheld thing.

The Bioshock remasters are also coming out September 13th, it's largely irrelevant to us but will be interesting to see what improvements Bioshock 1 and 2 receive.

Own both 1 and 2 but never played them. Played the first for a few hours but it was too boring so I stopped. Seeing how well the remasters turn out I might just finally play them to conclusion since everyone has such praise for that series.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

One of the things I'm looking forward to (as silly as it seems) is achievements being added to Bioshock 1.

inm8num2

I had to cross post this from the Jimquisition thread. Simply amazing.

75fiQPX.gif

Finished Journey of a roach, super cute adventure game, I highly recommend it.

Yes it's really fun, charming, and well-designed puzzle game. It's short but the length is suitable.

Reviewed Grow Up for ACG on youtube.
Really fun game. Check that one out as well. Going through it a second time now.

Saw that earlier on YT (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVBNtNhfPss). Looks pretty enjoyable. In fact I haven't gotten around to playing Grow Home yet - best to get on that soon.

I like what I've played of NMS...I also see why others wouldn't

So it's pretty much like any other game when it comes down to it...I just don't see the point in certain people continuing to bash something that they've already bashed over and over again other than just to keep getting that reaction they want to laugh about

If I hate something that much I'm not going to continue talking about it constantly...it wouldn't be worth my time or the headache

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member

What if I own Bioshock 2 but not Minervas Den? Will I get the Remastered Version with or without Minervas Den?

Jawmuncher

So it's pretty much like any other game when it comes down to it...I just don't see the point in certain people continuing to bash something that they've already bashed over and over again other than just to keep getting that reaction they want to laugh about

If I hate something that much I'm not going to continue talking about it constantly...it wouldn't be worth my time or the headache

NMS is a case of two extreme sides not letting go. You have the extreme haters and the extreme fans. So it's just a tug of war since no is letting up.

I enjoyed DA Inquisition and Fallout 4. I pretty much know that feeling. :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
One week till Deus Ex! ^_^

Now that TI6 is over, back to playing through The Darkness II. I picked it up on the recommendation of the RPS and I'm not really enjoying it too much. It plays well and the story is interesting, but there are way too many cutscenes. So I'm left with the dilemma of skipping them and missing the story, or fast forwarding and not really understanding much.

Looking over my schedule of upcoming titles, like normal I am more interested in playing previous released games, but I'm interested in a few still.
Deus Ex Mankind Divided and Gwent... well I lied, only two.

Grief.exe

Own both 1 and 2 but never played them. Played the first for a few hours but it was too boring so I stopped. Seeing how well the remasters turn out I might just finally play them to conclusion since everyone has such praise for that series.

From a gameplay standpoint, Bioshock 2 improves on the gameplay tremendously, if that is your criticism than the second game is much better.

If the more open ended maps are a source of confusion and you are looking for a more linear experience, then there is always Infinite.

One of the things I'm looking forward to (as silly as it seems) is achievements being added to Bioshock 1.

I enjoy achievements, so I agree.

The Last Guardian and Bloodborne make a PS4 purchase a certainty for me... But I'm definitely waiting for the Neo to drop. Pre-ordered Deus Ex: MD, and tempted by Civ 6, but I never play 4x games as much as I think I will, so unsure about it.

Bloodborne is the anti thesis of what I want in games, with the setting, graphical desin and the pure action oriented RPG gameplay.

Civilization is the game to get if you want any 4X games. Varied winning conditions, easy to get into, you can pretty much avoid combat all the time if you're not into that, not to time consuming per game, etc.

This is amazing. It took all of 3 days for the newly minted NMS fanbase to become as obnoxious as Souls and Uncharted fanboys, who have been at it for years.

All gaming fanbases are like that, with very few exceptions. It's just a question which one is the loudest for the moments.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've been replaying Deus Ex: HR in preparation for Mankind Divided and I'm remembering a few things I didn't like about that game. Despite all the talking involved it is still mostly a stealth game? Yet you don't get any of the stealth enhancements by default?? So early on you just gotta hope you are out of sight. Seems like a bad idea.

Otherwise really enjoying it. The black and gold filter isn't bothering me as much as I thought it would. At least not nearly as much as the really weird animations and facial movement. Just a reminder that gaming has come a good distance since this was released.

dex3108

Destiny The Collection is announced and this was nice opportunity to bring it on PC but nope. I wonder what is their excuse now. Last time it was that they are working on too many platforms (The Collection is PS4/X1 only). :D

Backlogger

I'm really enjoying playing NMS despite its flaws (though, if they aren't being fixed my honeymoon may fizzle out). I'm about 10 hours in and currently in my 3rd system. I really took my time in my second system.

That being said, some of these crazy fans, I just don't get it. I get why a lot of people don't like the game. Outside of the game itself there are a ton of technical issues on PC. But even the game itself is only going to cater to a certain type of person. Why freak out over that? Just let it go! Let it go!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom