• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Still can't believe Destiny is not on PC. I'm not particularly interested in the game, but the demographic eats up loot based gameplay.

What a huge miss by Activision, likely some how correlating their declining Call of Duty sales on the platform.

I wonder will we get separate entries or current one will be replaced.

Another relevant question is what FPS the physics will be rendered at.
In Bioshock 1 and 2 the physics renders at 30FPS, which looks terrible when the game is ruining at 60 FPS.

There is a mod for Shock 1 that allows for arbitrary physics frame rate.

Wok

Somehow, my last save in NMS did not register and I lost about two hours of progress. So I am back with my 15-slot ship... Ohhhhhhhh, well. The good news is that I won't be visiting the same dull planets, and try some other solar systems.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I'm guessing Destiny's lack of a PC release has a lot to do with portions of its engine being built with rubber bands and playdoh.

jonno394

Just about to start the final non-DLC episode of Alan Wake. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a bit of survival horror, and a tense atmosphere. COmbat system is fun with the juggling of flash light usage and shooting. However, running is often the best option!

Can't believe that the only reason I bought this game was because GoG gave me American Nightmare for free in one of their sales, and I felt compelled to give them some money so bought the main game!

Anteater

Just about to start the final non-DLC episode of Alan Wake. I recommend this game to anyone who likes a bit of survival horror, and a tense atmosphere. COmbat system is fun with the juggling of flash light usage and shooting. However, running is often the best option!

Can't believe that the only reason I bought this game was because GoG gave me American Nightmare for free in one of their sales, and I felt compelled to give them some money so bought the main game!

american night mare is good

fantomena

Dead Rising - not sure, played the game on X360, didn't find to be very good, possibly due to the save system
Quantum Break - nah, played it on xbone
Shadow Warrior 2 - dissapointed it's open world if I recall correctly
Mafia 3 - seems cool, but still skeptical

For CivVI I still want to get into 5, so I'll see about that. Watch Dogs 2 looks very cool, but so did the first game which dissapointed me in many ways, will wait. CoD: Infinite Ware am I asuper skeptical too since none of the past few CoD games have been very good. Im a little bit excited about Gears 4, but it's too early to get hyped about it.

All gaming fanbases are like that, with very few exceptions. It's just a question which one is the loudest for the moments.

Man I'm going to disagree with that. There are so many games that get delayed or aren't great when they come out but it's rare for people start behaving this crazy about their precious. For example, games like Mirror's Edge Catalyst, Battleborn and even Street Fighter 5 were delayed and/or didn't have a very good reception. I don't remember seeing this kind of delusional reddit post from any of those communities. Death threats to reporters who report about delays? DDOS'ing a website when a reviewer gives the game a low score? Come on.

I'll even give you that every gaming fanbase can have some level of madness but this is on a whole different level of insanity that you don't see often at all.

I've been replaying Deus Ex: HR in preparation for Mankind Divided and I'm remembering a few things I didn't like about that game. Despite all the talking involved it is still mostly a stealth game? Yet you don't get any of the stealth enhancements by default?? So early on you just gotta hope you are out of sight. Seems like a bad idea.

They really got the stealth design wrong for this game. The idea was that you get bonus XP for completing a section in stealth which was supposed to compensate for the XP you'd get if you killed everyone in a level. But then they tuned it badly so playing in stealth became more rewarding than taking the combat path and it became the de facto way to play it if you wanted to min-max your experience.

Dishonored suffered from the same issue, where people felt compelled to go full stealth because of the desire to maintain low chaos. That was a real shame because those people missed out on all the awesome combat combinations you could pull off in the game and also, the low chaos ending was inferior to the high chaos one anyway.

one of my friends like destiny

it probably sucks because that guy has bad taste

It's not amazing but it's definitely the best FPS with loot and co-op

Borderlands is fucking garbage in comparison

Odallus -70% in the weekly deals. I'm probably going to get it.

About to pull the trigger as well but the graphics are so bad I dunno if I'll be able to enjoy it. It's just $4 anyway, fuck it

Tizoc

toom braider is just a bit worse than uncharted which is the game of the forever
Toom braider '13 has stuff that the uc series could benefit from if done right
But otherwise i rank toom braider over uncharted cuz of the bow and arrow

Tellaerin

Odallus -70% in the weekly deals. I'm probably going to get it.

I said I wasn't gonna buy anymore games, but it's cheap and looks awesome and might hold me over until Deus Ex in combination with Transformers.

The game itself looks really good, but...

Player takes place of Haggis, a warrior tired of fight who must wield his sword once more to rescue his son from Darkness.

I'm guessing the devs didn't know what haggis is? Definitely not something I'd name a fearsome warrior.

Asgaro

I had to cross post this from the Jimquisition thread. Simply amazing.

CptRB8GUIAM9asw.jpg

This guy should really stop taking everything so serious and get some of that dank meme kush.

HZyCz1Y.jpg

Hektor

Ucchedavāda;213714141 said:
How so? Story? Design? Both?

Wasn't the last mission in Mafia 1 the one in the museum with an army of mafia dudes? Cos that one could be frustrating af.

Binary Domain for 3.19 EUR. Worth it?

This isn't even a question.

binary_domain_16_1.jpg

Cain and Bo alone make this game worth a purchase.

Toom braider '13 has stuff that the uc series could benefit from if done right

Actually good hitfeedback for one.

Backlogger

Still can't believe Destiny is not on PC. I'm not particularly interested in the game, but the demographic eats up loot based gameplay.

What a huge miss by Activision, likely some how correlating their declining Call of Duty sales on the platform.

Mostly because I share my console TV with the rest of my small family I can safely say I would have played Destiny more had it been on PC. Plus it would have likely looked and ran better on my PC, so there's that.

I'd eat that shit up. Still hoping it shows up eventually.

Lomax

Destiny has way more competition on pc, especially in the f2p sector. I think it was smart to establish dominance on consoles before trying to venture into that. PC users also have a much easier time exploiting weaknesses like we saw with The Division. I expect the Destiny sequel will hit pc but I understand why they've skipped it so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom