• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
How is everyone?

Mount and Blade Bannerlord Gameplay footage is hot.
Nier 2 announced for PC, making a few fanboys cry.
For Honor got announced for PC.
First Deus Ex Reviews start to tickle out, P.S. Supposed to be good.

tumblr_moli9owghl1qhub34o1_r1_400.gif

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
post-ban trash cleanup

ModBot said:
Instructions for alr1ght:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (alr1ght, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Next Door -- MB-2165B0D0B261861A - Taken by illusionary
Nyctophobia -- MB-975F69AC58E40057 - Taken by jgalat

MUnited83

For you.

Didn't For Honor get announced for PC at the same time as the other versions?

God, I want Battlezone 2 to be remastered

I remember playing the demo for it and being impressed lol

but I'am genuinely glad that Battlezone 1 got remastered.

And that's not even mentioning a new Metal Gear game announced for PC!

#FuckKonami

I used to cheese the shit out of Mount and Blade siege defenses back in the day.

Most castles had a single ladder and you could use a long weapon to just keep picking them off when they got to the top. Like 300 killed by my hand.

Annubis

I used to cheese the shit out of Mount and Blade siege defenses back in the day.

Most castles had a single ladder and you could use a long weapon to just keep picking them off when they got to the top. Like 300 killed by my hand.

I once had to defend my castle against a combined attacked from an entire kingdom.
I was very powerful and king by then so I could hold around 700 troops with the towns defence. They came with slightly over 2000.
I put myself at the main ladder and left all my troops at the other entry. With a 2H sword, I just did the top-down cleaving attack for the longest time.
I actually managed to defend and had ~900 kills. My character had no recognizable texture left because it was entirely painted red.

Pretty much. Monster Hunter on Steam is a pipe dream though, I honestly don't think it's ever gonna happen. The decisions that company makes just defy all logic.

Oh, we will probably get something like Monster Hunter Online. Except that's not what we want!
And after that fails in the western market, they will use it as an excuse to prevent any future ports.

Oh, we will probably get something like Monster Hunter Online. Except that's not what we want!

Not what we want but still better than playing one of the clones, imo. The gameplay in MHO actually looks quite good to me, and I'd definitely put some money and time into it if there were NA servers.

I think the 3DS emulator will be ready before MHO comes out in the west tho :p

gngf123

Circuits is actually a legitimately pretty cool game.

galak-z is pretty good, i find the control scheme to be kind of tiring on my fingers but i sort of think that's mostly the ps4 controller being kind of not very comfortable?

I really dislike the PS4 controller for this reason. The triggers and dpad are nice but it is really uncomfortable.

It doesn't help that the one we have in the office is an original, which also had shitty sticks. Just lowers my opinion of it even more.

Volimar

I hope No Man's Sky goes on deep discount and they work the bugs out soon because I watched a let's play and it does seem pretty fun in a discovering stuff kind of way.

kagamin

Not what we want but still better than playing one of the clones, imo. The gameplay in MHO actually looks quite good to me, and I'd definitely put some money and time into it if there were NA servers.

I think the 3DS emulator will be ready before MHO comes out in the west tho :p

Have you actually played God Eater? Sure its a hunting game with co-op but still... its not really a clone in terms of gameplay style at all.

Grief.exe

Wait...what?

You plan on beating Legion in one day?

I'm playing it right now, so it counts.

I hope No Man's Sky goes on deep discount and they work the bugs out soon because I watched a let's play and it does seem pretty fun in a discovering stuff kind of way.

That seems like the way to do it. They have already made some good progress, but they will continue iterating in the game with fixes and the content Hello Games are planning on adding in the short term seems interesting.

MUnited83

For you.
Have you actually played God Eater? Sure its a hunting game with co-op but still... its not really a clone in terms of gameplay style at all.

I find that most people that try to use the term "MH clone" have no actual idea of how differently the game they say it's a clone plays.

Played it on PSP, didn't like the combat. I've played enough of the hunting games to know that MH is the only one I want to play. Toukiden is the closest of the others to being good but it's just too damn easy compared to MH.

I find that most people that try to use the term "MH clone" have no actual idea of how differently the game they say it's a clone plays.

Ya, sure thing. I should have said hunting game instead of clone to keep your panties untwisted.

Jawmuncher

Played it on PSP, didn't like the combat. I've played enough of the hunting games to know that MH is the only one I want to play. Toukiden is the closest of the others to being good but it's just too damn easy compared to MH.

Ya, sure thing. I should have said hunting game instead of clone to keep your panties untwisted.

People who say hunting games have no idea how different hunting a monster is from hunting a deer.

Corpekata

Banned
I'm more interested in a solid clone than the "great" original simply because it's on a platform(s) where good controls are possible.

Have tried many times to get into MH and the idea that I'd rather be playing it elsewhere was always dominating my thoughts.

Circuits is actually a legitimately pretty cool game.

I really dislike the PS4 controller for this reason. The triggers and dpad are nice but it is really uncomfortable.

It doesn't help that the one we have in the office is an original, which also had shitty sticks. Just lowers my opinion of it even more.

What is your avatar a reference to?

kagamin

One of the more difficult things in God Eater is probably the bullet customization I'll say, its definitely enjoyable though.

I'm more interested in a solid clone than the "great" original simply because it's on a platform(s) where good controls are possible.

Have tried many times to get into MH and the idea that I'd rather be playing it elsewhere was always dominating my thoughts.

MH4 was the first one that i really got into cause one of the weapons finally clicked with me, its that new charge blade thingie or switchblade, whatever its called. that weapon works like a dream for me. I've actually been debating if i should pick up monster hunter generations or the new hitman. on one hand i can play mh in my 30~40 min bus ride to and from school, hitman can also be some good casual fun as well from time to time... decisions, decisions...

MUnited83

For you.

People will call out when you completely misuse a word with well defined meaning, yes.

BHK3

Banned
I'd like to finally try MH. I've never played it(fuck handhelds) and never tried any of it's clones. I came close to buy Toukiden Kiwami but never bit the bullet and god eater is only now coming to a console I own after 6 years of hearing about it.

Adnor

Banned
Just saw the Metal Gear Survive trailer...

That... that was unexpected. I seriously thought that if Konami made a new MGS it would have been just the MGSV gameplay with a new main character and a new overworld, not... that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom