• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagamin

I woke up and turns out this wasn't a dream?

tumblr_n7c2ye4Kx61sq67v0o1_r2_400.gif

Unrelated: Skies of Arcadia on PC would still be nice

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 28 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Heavenly Battle -- MB-E7BB637B5D977A85 - Taken by ussjtrunks
Usagi Yojimbo: Way of the Ronin -- MB-DD23A0706E9CC476 - Taken by Servizio
Coma: Mortuary -- MB-36BA206BBCF04B59 - Taken by madjoki
Hack Run Zero -- MB-49A66514548A7BB6 - Taken by redlacs
The Growth Journey -- MB-21C1CB55D68DF463 - Taken by Wok
Survivalist -- MB-443BD1EB82FDD4A4 - Taken by bloke
Sixtieth Kilometer -- MB-F4BAB176D8418648 - Taken by Catshade
Evo Explores -- MB-F47E7BC271C3F486 - Taken by Mikurden
Smugglers 5 Plus Smugglers 5: Invasion -- MB-75654D5AFB374BA0 - Taken by rainking187
Hero of the Kingdom II -- MB-DEFE52098F10C9C7 - Taken by Hakkelus
The Prism -- MB-B2779C307FCC2F04 - Taken by ExoSoul
Space Pilgrim Episode I: Alpha Centauri -- MB-6486A72177FE0A1A - Taken by darkchewie
Paper Dungeons -- MB-C1DEE7F12FC48A3D - Taken by Sarcasm
Habitus -- MB-35B0A2ECB7E498C2 - Taken by septicore
Adam and Eve: The Game - Chapter 1 -- MB-5B20A905DABA1A6A - Taken by Ozium
Spellbind (the Strategy First one) -- MB-026AAEAB25D2E578 - Taken by SSPssp
Contract -- MB-6E3B2E2E3B2BB12D - Taken by Kifimbo
ASMR Universe -- MB-A9AAF3B0500855D3 - Taken by Eila
The Worm -- MB-E3B40974ED802DD7 - Taken by Goldensun_it
Snik -- MB-49AF511ED179419B - Taken by fuzzy123
Energy Cycle (Collector's Edition) -- MB-51F353F761282FF8 - Taken by bobnowhere
Hyposphere -- MB-5963F52CFD8F943C - Taken by voodooray
Black Rainbow -- MB-7F8DA3C103F6A93B - Taken by Arthea
Sapper's Bad Dream -- MB-02F1B592897A0A6B - Taken by fifasnipe2224
Over the Void -- MB-7E83BD28379E2C84 - Taken by NingenJanai
Fitz the Fox -- MB-0F2816E1B7BB616E - Taken by neonglow
Fruits Inc. Deluxe Pack -- MB-6A7160C84E1BA050 - Taken by jgalat
Moonstone Tavern: A Fantasy Tavern Sim -- MB-BA422B5EA27CCA65 - Taken by Annubis

Dat salt over the Nier PC port, hard to believe this is still a thing, fucking pathetic.
I hope it doesn't have some crazy requirements because I'd rather get it on steam.

Wish they would release the first Nier too

One of the main reasons I hold on to my PS3, along with Demon's Souls, Vanquish, Trails of Cold Steel and a few others.
Maybe one day these will all make it to PC but for some it seems pretty unlikely.

venomenon

*wanders in*

Hi, I'm new here, I have a question about the Steam cl...

*sees gif*
*walks out backwards*

I started Ass Creed IV. It is the same shit.

I started some missions in Havana and I just had to stop. The core mechanics are just so dated and clunky to me.
I've been procrastinating on playing AC4 (my first of the series) ever since I got it for reasons unknown to me. It probably won't get any easier the more time passes...
With Shadow of Mordor, I have probably already played the best AC game, haven't I?

Ascheroth

Dat salt over the Nier PC port, hard to believe this is still a thing, fucking pathetic.
I hope it doesn't have some crazy requirements because I'd rather get it on steam.

Yeah, and it even went pretty well for over 10 pages.
And then it turned into
XkniluF.png

I know you're all goddamn ready for this shit.
god-eater-2-coming-to-steam.jpg
I know I am. It can't come out soon enough.
But it will be a challenge staying away from 2 until I'm done with Resurrection, which will probably take a while.

Arthea

I preordered God Eater, really interested in that combat and that price for two games isn't too bad.
I'm not sure I'll play it day one, though, even if I planned to do so, have to finish a bunch of games before starting it.

edited: as for MH, I'd take God Eater over MH any day, I understand why people like MH, but I prefer different combat paradigms. In no way GE plays as MH anyway.

Tellaerin

I preordered God Eater, really interested in that combat and that price for two games isn't too bad.
I'm not sure I'll play it day one, though, even if I planned to do so, have to finish a bunch of games before starting it.

edited: as for MH, I'd take God Eater over MH any day, I understand why people like MH, but I prefer different combat paradigms. In no way GE plays as MH anyway.

God Eater looks promising. (Though I really just want a good Phantasy Star Portable 2 clone for PC. Sega seems determined not to give PSO2 a western release, so hoping for a decent clone's about all I've got. :s )

I'm curious about God Eater but I have so much on my plate.
Trails of Cold Steel has been like a black hole sucking up all my gaming time for the better part of the year.
Trying to concile rpgs with a busy life is such an uphill battle, they need to make these games shorter lol.

Arthea

I just noticed that i finally got over that blasted frozen in place 45% completion rate and now am at 46%! yay!
I also now have 3700 cheevos and 77 perfect games, nice progress all around.

let's hope I won't go back to 45% by starting GE, that would be too much!

God Eater looks promising. (Though I really just want a good Phantasy Star Portable 2 clone for PC. Sega seems determined not to give PSO2 a western release, so hoping for a decent clone's about all I've got. :s )

yeah, PSO2 situation is a weird one, most of fans tried to play japanese version, but it's just... doesn't work all that well, and we aren't getting a proper western release of it, it's pretty clear by now.

I'm curious about God Eater but I have so much on my plate.
Trails of Cold Steel has been like a black hole sucking up all my gaming time for the better part of the year.
Trying to concile rpgs with a busy life is such an uphill battle, they need to make these games shorter lol.

shorter Trails games? That's like asking for sun not to be so hot, you know

edited: my prinny TF2 items are still not tradable, this can't be right... Disgaea released almost half a year ago! what's going on?

Just saw that video of Syrian children being evacuated from the rubble after a bombing.
I have a really hard time dealing with this stuff, this shit just never ends, why does it have to be like this?

Sorry about the OT.

Wok

Just saw that video of Syrian children being evacuated from the rubble after a bombing.
I have a really hard time dealing with this stuff, this shit just never ends, why does it have to be like this?

Sorry about the OT.

There is something I never understand about these photos. When a building is destroyed, there are always these two guys: a guy with a reflex camera there, and another guy who is not part of the health emergency units but goes there and picks a victim, usually a child, out of the debris. Of course, this is a tragedy, but how come are these two guys always there, and how does it help in any way the victim if a bone is broken for instance? Anyway, I am not looking at this kind of media as there is something unhealthy there. I had a similar feeling when playing 1979: at one point, a man is injured, he has large glass shards in his body, the main character is supposed to help, what he does is remove the glass shards, without care about internal haemorrhage. At some point, no help is healthier than improper help.

End of off-topic. No Man's Sky has just received an update (20.7 MB).

Yeah obviously Uplay brazil stuffed up the Rayman that was free. A bit too much effort for me, though it did make me log into uplay to claim origins and I had 3 friend requests! Seems like they may have finally fixed the linking to steam.

Anyway everyone should play Tharsis. It's still available in the recent humble $1 tier. It's a bit like a cross between a single player board game and FTL. You have to survive 10 turns managing all the variously damaged modules, hunger, psychologically damaged individuals and er... potential cannibalism.

Hint: The game is all about keeping as many dice as possible on each crew member usually achieved through constant production of food or the various available abilities. Do that and it's not that hard, drop to one or two and it might be cannibalism time or death!

Lain

Fixing PC fans isn't worth the bother, generally. If the games work better at the start of the session and decline, check the whole system's airflow. Clean everything. Maybe take the cooler off your card and put on new thermal paste. ??

Looks like I was hit by the early MSI fan problem on my 970, where the first fan won't work unless you make it spin, then it works for a bit. Guess I'll have to grab a new card, but it's 500€ for the cheapest 1070...

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I've been procrastinating on playing AC4 (my first of the series) ever since I got it for reasons unknown to me. It probably won't get any easier the more time passes...
With Shadow of Mordor, I have probably already played the best AC game, haven't I?
If you think Shadow of Mordor is the best AC game then you are playing the AC series for the wrong reasons. AC is all about the sense of place, the cities, the landmarks and... climbing everything. Shadow of Mordor is about combat and the war chieftain manipulation game. There is little to no architecture or climbing beyond a couple ruins.

Mikurden

You should limit yourself to your Bible games for six months and blog about the experience.

I'd do it but my Bible games collection needs a lot of.work.
Like "The Year of Living Biblically: One Man's Humble Quest to follow the Bible as Literally as Possible" by A. J. Jacobs?

madjoki

So seems like Valve now allows developers directly instantly revoking CD-keys without any real limits.
Can't wait some indie dev abuse this for whatever purprose.

Hektor

So seems like Valve now allows developers directly instantly revoking CD-keys without any real limits.

Remember the guy who deleted his game from the steam servers so people couldn't download it anymore?

Is it just me or is that Nier PC thread getting worse with every new page.

It's a pc thread on a console forum that much was to be expected.

Nzyme32

Remember the guy who deleted his game from the steam servers so people couldn't download it anymore

Really?

I didn't think that was possible. I thought devs can delete their game from Steam etc, but the actual game remains downloadable to all the users that purchased it unless Valve go in themselves.... or am I just misunderstanding the situation

Tizoc

Is it wrong that i enjoy these kinds of console game gets a steam/pc release drama? I tend to get a chuckle from some of the posts

madjoki

Remember the guy who deleted his game from the steam servers so people couldn't download it anymore?

Oath of Genesis at least. I don't think it's only one.

Really?

I didn't think that was possible. I thought devs can delete their game from Steam etc, but the actual game remains downloadable to all the users that purchased it unless Valve go in themselves.... or am I just misunderstanding the situation

Release update that doesn't contain files or just remove access to all depots.
Valve will restore access thought, so it's not permanent. But they can do it.

Hektor

Really?

As I remember he basically updated the game, so it was still downloadable but consisted of nothing but empty files until valve stepped in an recovered an older depot something.

Arthea

oh wow, we in for some nice times ahead
what's wrong with valve? I'm pretty sure that is against a law, if devs remove a game people paid for from accounts, who is to blame, valve or devs? Technically valve sells games on steam, so one would think they don't want responsibility like that for other people actions, but apparently they don't care yet again.

madjoki

oh wow, we in for some nice times ahead
what's wrong with valve? I'm pretty sure that is against a law, if devs remove a game people paid for from accounts, who is to blame, valve or devs? Technically valve sells games on steam, so one would think they don't want responsibility like that for other people actions, but apparently they don't care yet again.

Valve doesn't sell any CD-keys on Steam Store. Thus they can't revoke anything bought from steam store. (Unless product has third party cd-keys, but that's rare case, but I think there was some price mistake and developer revoked those and forced Valve to refund)

It's not on PSNow though. Only in Japan I think. As for the rumoured, I'm tempted to believe it. The guy claiming it is reliable.

NieR didn't even get a PSN release, I wouldn't be too hopeful about it being on Playstation Now.

Welp, I didn't know that.

Well this looks nice and this is first time i saw it

Shiness - Gamescom Trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUBDP5Y8YPA

I've been following this game since ages. It's finally shaping up for a final release.

Checked Steam discussions and it seems since the new patch came out people are unable to save their game anymore....

http://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/1/361798516940844911/

Heads up for NMS PCGaf.

Oath of Genesis at least. I don't think it's only one.

The Estetiikka guy deliberately sabotaged his game just before he was banned and his game removed. It forces you to download and install every single distributive package and the final build of the game he uploaded doesn't function.

Arthea

Valve doesn't sell any CD-keys on Steam Store. Thus they can't revoke anything bought from steam store. (Unless product has third party cd-keys, but that's rare case, but I think there was some price mistake and developer revoked those and forced Valve to refund)

oh wait! so it's a ploy to make us buy everything on steam, because that's only way to remain safe
clever

actually a lot of games have CD-keys, but not many require those. Not sure how it really works, tbh, with game CD-keys on steam I mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom