• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

I could yeah, but I like you guys more.

also:
CqPl_gVVIAAqpoS.jpg:large

Development seems like it's chugging along well, there are delays but it's obvious they bit off way more than they should have.

If you're watching the stream, make sure to fill us in with synopsis.

They are about broke without anything resembling a game. Not sure what they are going to do.

Kaleinc

Banned
I can't find an answer for the life of me. In Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition, how the fuck do you charge things like Trish's lightning? Is it just built up via combos on combat or what?
I'm not sure what you're talking about but move list can be accessed from the pause menu and it's stated which ones can be charged.

Nzyme32

To avoid drama in the other thread, I'll just post this here. Even though this is from an IGN video, and obviously has compression, PC Ultra of Deus Ex compared to PS4, shows a substantial difference in Volumetric Lighting, LOD and AO amongst other things, so perhaps people should hold off on deciding how "poor" the port is, and whether the Ultra side of things is actually much more demanding than folks think

OPLFvy2.png

eLVcvK7.png

Mouse over this image for a quick comparison, or open the above images in 2 tabs and switch between them if the difference isn't obvious enough

Ludens

Banned
Regarding Tales of Zestiria, should I use a guide for it?
I don't care about trasure chests and 100% completion, but I don't want to miss missable dungeons, bosses, important items etc.
If I play by myself only following the story, is it clear when there's an optional dungeon to face?
Can I backtrack to it eventually?

Regarding Tales of Zestiria, should I use a guide for it?
I don't care about trasure chests and 100% completion, but I don't want to miss missable dungeons, bosses, important items etc.
If I play by myself only following the story, is it clear when there's an optional dungeon to face?
Can I backtrack to it eventually?

I never did the optional quest for the best equipment and I did finished the game just fine without much problem. Some of the bosses are quite hard though, I admit.

Most of those quests are open at the endgame, right before the last dungeon. And yes, you can still get out of the last dungeon if you want to, as far as I remember.

Jawmuncher

Umbrella corps is having a free weekend again for this capcom sale. Dunno if Wbacon posted that in here.
For those still on the fence, Steam version is currently available for free via Free Weekend offer. You can give it a shot for free now thru Sunday, August 21st 1:00PM, Pacific Time.

As a part of the ongoing Capcom Publisher Sale, the game is also available for purchase at 33% discount now through August 22nd 10:00AM Pacific Time.

Ludens

Banned
I never did the optional quest for the best equipment and I did finished the game just fine without much problem. Some of the bosses are quite hard though, I admit.

Most of those quests are open at the endgame, right before the last dungeon. And yes, you can still get out of the last dungeon if you want to, as far as I remember.

But are there many optional bosses/dungeons?
Also is the game long?
I'm a stupid, I just stopped from playing jrpgs because I completed too many of them this summer and now I bought both Tales of, already did the prologue in Zestiria.
For now the game is VERY boring, I hope stuff will move fast soon.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Well Odallus is not making it easy for me to enjoy. Black screen only in fulls screen, 400 x 300 only in window mode.

yuraya

Holy shit @ that Star Citizen presentation. They are showing off stuff that is like AAAA quality.

I'm on mobile and can't waste anymore data
What's the news?

They are showing off a quest in the persistent universe. Landing on a planet, exploring base, talking to npc, space walking, fps combat etc. It looks out of this world good. They promising a lot of features and 3.0 to come out by the end of the year.

Grief.exe

Holy shit @ that Star Citizen presentation. They are showing off stuff that is like AAAA quality.

They are showing off a quest in the persistent universe. Landing on a planet, exploring base, talking to npc, space walking, fps combat etc. It looks out of this world good. They promising a lot of features and 3.0 to come out by the end of the year.

Ya I jumped into a thread and one guy was describing how warping to a planet, seamlessly flying from space/atmosphere/ground, getting a quest from a base, and then heading back out into space was the dream he had for games since he was a child.

This footage sounds lit.

🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

Wake me up when Star Citizen's actually done.

These things take time.

Saty

Development on Grim Dawn proper is coming to an end, and Bruno estimates the game's lifetime earnings have doubled or possibly even tripled the money spent making it. The studio is now working on an expansion for Grim Dawn that will launch early next year (probably), and has started work on a "totally different type of game" to launch after that, both of which will be funded by Grim Dawn.
http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-08-19-pressure-drop

But are there many optional bosses/dungeons?
Also is the game long?
I'm a stupid, I just stopped from playing jrpgs because I completed too many of them this summer and now I bought both Tales of, already did the prologue in Zestiria.
For now the game is VERY boring, I hope stuff will move fast soon.

There is no optional dungeon that I'm aware of. There's, however, an ex dungeon which will be opened after you beat the final boss. There are also optional bosses that are scattered around the world, which you can encounter anytime, but they're pretty though and mostly impossible to beat when you meet them for the first time. The game is not that long. I beat it in 40 hours.

Wok

I don't get the hype regarding Star Citizen. What's the deal with having a game which tries to do everything? If I want to play a FPS, I can buy an FPS. If I want to travel in space, I can play a space-traveller. Why would I believe a game could realistically be everything at once and stay relevant in every gameplay mechanic? It sounds like a jack-of-all-trade. Or is it that people will soon be able to play what was shown in the stream with an alpha build?

Ludens

Banned
There is no optional dungeon that I'm aware of. There's, however, an ex dungeon which will be opened after you beat the final boss. There are also optional bosses that are scattered around the world, which you can encounter anytime, but they're pretty though and mostly impossible to beat when you meet them for the first time. The game is not that long. I beat it in 40 hours.

Thanks for the info (40 hours are a lot for me XD).
I'll try to do my best by going everytime right to the star marker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom