• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monooboe

I don't get the hype regarding Star Citizen. What's the deal with having a game which tries to do everything? If I want to play a FPS, I can buy an FPS. If I want to travel in space, I can play a space-traveller. Why would I believe a game could realistically be everything at once and stay relevant in every gameplay mechanic? It sounds like a jack-of-all-trade. Or is it that people will soon be able to play what was shown in the stream with an alpha build?

While I haven't been follwing Star Citizen, but for me, games in general have always since I was a kid had the pontential and destiny to be virtual worlds, at least for me that is what I've expected and dreamt of. So a perfect game for me is a game that indeed does everything and does it well. So I will always hope developers keep on being crazy and try and make a game that tries to do everything.

Just remember, malaria is less fun in the game that real life.
It's not a bother and has a bit more strategy than it lets on. If you take your malaria pills right after an attack (from the disease) your character's well being increases and your sprint time gets longer. Take the pills as needed. Once you use your last pill, drop what you're doing and that signals that the mission you are on is for more meds. I never was done wrong by this and it didn't become a bother.
2.50 for the worst FC? Nah kid
No, you get to be a veteran mercenary. The kid with the tattoos is in 3.

mrgone

Well Odallus is not making it easy for me to enjoy. Black screen only in fulls screen, 400 x 300 only in window mode.

Were you able to get it running properly? I had the same issue when I first ran it, but it was fine the second time. Turning on vsync in the launcher is supposedly the fix, but I'd enabled the first time, when the black screen was there. Something to try if it's still giving you trouble.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I don't get the hype regarding Star Citizen. What's the deal with having a game which tries to do everything? If I want to play a FPS, I can buy an FPS. If I want to travel in space, I can play a space-traveller. Why would I believe a game could realistically be everything at once and stay relevant in every gameplay mechanic? It sounds like a jack-of-all-trade. Or is it that people will soon be able to play what was shown in the stream with an alpha build?

Yeah, I can't see the game being amazing as some hype it to be.

Especially not after being in development so long.

Do hope I'm wrong though.

venomenon

Someone's been playing this mod/hack a little too much.
BDDB51567E76736F32A05ED6A0BEA4A8BCA5A338
I want this right now.

Regarding Far Cry, I was legitimately shocked to see what the original Far Cry looked like when I just saw it on the Steam front page. Obviously a 12 year old 3D game will not look good nowadays, but I remember very well how incredibly impressive it was back then, easily surpassing anything you knew. In comparison, the first Max Payne has aged much better IMO. Weird.

Tizoc

I want this right now.

Regarding Far Cry, I was legitimately shocked to see what the original Far Cry looked like when I just saw it on the Steam front page. Obviously a 12 year old 3D game will not look good nowadays, but I remember very well how incredibly impressive it was back then, easily surpassing anything you knew. In comparison, the first Max Payne has aged much better IMO. Weird.

It's available on Steam Workshop for the SEGA Classics Collection.

Tizoc

It saddens me that with the approach of a new Deus Ex game we've forgotten one of own valuable long lost comrades
image.php

Derrick01
He may have been a Smeghead, ay, the Smeg-est of Smegheads
But he was fun to have around, and having a negative view of something would let us consider out own negative view of things as well. Or not, he was just fun to have a round for a laugh.

Grief.exe

I realize that, and I'm not saying they're even promising things that can't deliver or anything like that. It's just been forever (5 years?) and they're still in some glorified quasi-alpha stage.

No Man's Sky began development and released in a shorter time frame with a smaller team.

The scope of Star Citizen was way too much. I think they truly jumped the shark when they promised a FPS mode.

venomenon

It's available on Steam Workshop for the SEGA Classics Collection.
Omg, it's so... beautiful. Well, except for the mighty Knuckles being forced to use that pitiful force field instead of being able to gracefully hover above His levels, but fair enough.

How's FC3? I played Blood Dragon and loved it. I thought part 2 was just OK, I got tired of the checkpoints respawning over and over.
Blood Dragon is like a compressed version of FC3 really, and IMO it's for the better. FC3 is obviously more realistic, the main story is pretty nice presentation-wise (content-wise it's far-fetched crap with an unlikable main character), but altogether I regret wasting like 60 hours of repetitive gameplay on FC3 in hindsight when I could have had the same (maybe better) experience in a much shorter time with BD.
If you're totally in love with Blood Dragon's gameplay, go for it, as it's absolutely the same as in FC3.
Can't comment on FC2 though.

NIN90

Do we know if Deus Ex: MD is a staggered midnight release, meaning that VPNing via Australia would allow early access? Says exactly 3 days on my store page which would pretty much put it at midnight in my time zone.

I was looking at the Capcom sale and saw Flock says it's been recently updated with new content. When did that happen? I don't remember hearing about it. Are they still adding stuff to the game seven years later?

madjoki

Star Ruler 2 was removed from the Killer Bundle #8 and the price dropped to $4.49.

Some people reported they got duplicate keys, which might explain why it was removed.

Could be related to this: https://www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/..._killer_bundle_8_blue_estate_the_game/d6mkas2

I was looking at the Capcom sale and saw Flock says it's been recently updated with new content. When did that happen? I don't remember hearing about it. Are they still adding stuff to the game seven years later?

It's not been updated in years, so probably leftover from who knows when, likely 2009-ish.

https://steamdb.info/app/21640/depots/

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Star Citizen looks amazing but it's so far away from release, and from announcement, that I've learned to completely ignore it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Theres a free weekend and steam charts is showing only 63 people playing...

is...is that correct?

For Biohazard: Turd Corps? Seems about par for the course for that terrible game. The only reason I'm downloading it is in the hopes of quickly beating the story mode.
And to give it a negative review

pre-ordered Mankind Divided from GMG and got that key this morning...Valve added a Dota 2 Jensen Announcer Pack as another pre-order bonus and that was there for me when I opened Dota 2...can be sold September 17th

wasn't expecting that to be included with the key from GMG so I guess that'll be a couple dollars back once I can sell it

pre-ordered Mankind Divided from GMG and got that key this morning...Valve added a Dota 2 Jensen Announcer Pack as another pre-order bonus and that was there for me when I opened Dota 2...can be sold September 17th

wasn't expecting that to be included with the key from GMG so I guess that'll be a couple dollars back once I can sell it

I don't play Dota and had no clue it was able to be sold.

Thanks GMG!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Carnivores: Dinosaur Hunter Reborn -- MB-CA5EA7453230E79F - Taken by yoshizzle
Better Late Than DEAD -- MB-03CBFE6984320C51 - Taken by Mikurden

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Tales of Zestiria for $8? I don't know anything about the game but I've been wanting to play a JRPG lately. Bought. I hope it's good.

Not going to drop any formal impressions yet, but Metro 2033 is interesting. I know it was based on a book, and there seems to be a lot of lore going on that you want to absorb, but the game is trying to rush you through it. "Go get this and meet me in five minutes. Move your ass." It's like being a child looking at a really interesting painting in a museum, or listening to a great musician in the subway, then your parent grabs you by the hand and pulls you away, saying "Come along, we're wasting time." But it doesn't feel like I'm wasting time, this is good!

Hunh...and just as I finish Deadly Premonition today, the Game Grumps start doing it. Baader-Meinhoff'd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom