• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

You guys ain't missing much on no Titanfall 2 beta. The MP so far ia super disappointing compared to T1. Everything feels like a step back.

illusionary

Star Ruler 2 was removed from the Killer Bundle #8 and the price dropped to $4.49.

Some people reported they got duplicate keys, which might explain why it was removed.

I've seen this post in the Steam forums, which clarifies quite explicitly what's happened: link. I'm glad that I bought and redeemed mine yesterday... though of course it's a shame that the dev was put in a difficult position here.
-----------------
A miscommunication led to Star Ruler 2 being included in a bundle that it was not supposed to be included in. I attempted to resolve the issue less drastically, but ultimately felt I was left with no acceptable choice, so I revoked all unredeemed keys. Anyone who purchased the bundle and activated the key will be able to keep the game.

I'm sorry for any issues that result from the situation with the bundle sold through Bundle Stars. Anyone who was looking to purchase the game through there, we will be running a discount on Steam next week, as well as hopefully on GOG.

-----------------

I think that I need to watch that Star Citizen demo pretty sharpish, by the sounds of it!

rtcn63

If you think about it, Far Cry 2 takes place in Hell. The same enemies reappearing, the same events taking place over and over.

iosefe

i think i can becasue responses to it seem quite negative

onthe other hand, 6.79? my excperience with the city is a little vesparia and a bit more of Hearts R. i hit a wall, and raged

would i be fine continuing here?

Lomax

If anything the bundle bubble has burst because of incompetent devs like the Star Ruler 2 people who have apparently abandoned the game but somehow still have a publishing deal that resulted in them "accidentally" getting put in a bundle. God, I hate this industry sometimes.

Lain

After a reboot my HDD started responding again and I managed to copy my games off it. Only a few MMOs left and some other things and I'll be done (not gonna move the Steam installed games though because I don't have enough space, it'll have to wait until after the new HDD arrives).

So Steins;Gate finally is hitting Steam, and it will do so with the improved PS3 backgrounds? That's nice.
The benchmarks for Deus Ex instead aren't nice. Resisting the temptations (to preorder) seems to have worked for the better.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer Quest -- MB-4A3FDBA256F44254 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Deranged Rabbits -- MB-C0152F4C357D9939 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT -- MB-303DF445D7569CF5 - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.
Fitz The Fox -- MB-43A2FCC9D7470D5E - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT #3 -- MB-21E6BADDA0CA2D0D - Taken by dimmer. 3 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT #2 -- MB-536AC4355AFB6435 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1471669104z1.png

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
If anything the bundle bubble has burst because of incompetent devs like the Star Ruler 2 people who have apparently abandoned the game but somehow still have a publishing deal that resulted in them "accidentally" getting put in a bundle. God, I hate this industry sometimes.

From what I can gather from reddit and Steam forum comments their studio is closing down due to lack of sales of Star Ruler 2.

DX ME is another 10% game, it's almost as bad as I joked recently, damn
I never asked for this

mhmmm, I'm just reminding you our deal yet again.

you can't hate on FF13 anymore, kindly find another, more worthy target

I'm not hating on FF13, if anything Lightning Returns makes me appreciate FF13, and 13-2.

derExperte

The SC presentation must've been a success, we've moved from 'vaporware' to 'give for NEO'.

If you think about it, Far Cry 2 takes place in Hell. The same enemies reappearing, the same events taking place over and over.

I know what game I'll be forced to play for all eternity should I end up down there. Time to find Jesus.

i'm hovering over the buy button

are you sure?

+ Great action combat with tactical approaches (elements, switch character on a go)
+ Lovable chaarcters, one of my favorite cast in the whole series
+ Lovable skits and character interactions on cutscenes
+ A good number of side quests, yet not overwhelming
+ Well-balanced dungeons, nothing is too long yet each is very unique
+ Challenging optional endgame activities
+ Good replay value

- Story is not that good especially towards the end, unfortunate as the lore foundation is good
- Lots of backtracking, even for story quests
- Other than character models, graphics are mediocre at best

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
lol. This game is so awful. I can't believe Dragonlife29 paid $30 at launch for it.

This is the ending, if you can even call it that. Waste of 4.8 gigs and going through about 11 missions and asking "what the fuck am I doing?"

There's nothing to tie it to the main-storyline and/or if it's even canon. Forget it, it's dumb. Capcom should be fucking ashamed that this is their 20th anniversary game.

MUnited83

For you.
lol. This game is so awful. I can't believe Dragonlife29 paid $30 at launch for it.

This is the ending, if you can even call it that. Waste of 4.8 gigs and going through about 11 missions and asking "what the fuck am I doing?"

There's nothing to tie it to the main-storyline and/or if it's even canon. Forget it, it's dumb. Capcom should be fucking ashamed that this is their 20th anniversary game.

I mean, why are you playing the single player mode? It's really not what the game is about in the slightest.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of The_Super_Inframan, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (The_Super_Inframan, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Warhammer Quest -- MB-4A3FDBA256F44254 - Taken by Sarcasm. 5 entrants total.
Deranged Rabbits -- MB-C0152F4C357D9939 - Taken by darkchewie. 4 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT -- MB-303DF445D7569CF5 - Taken by ramoisdead. 2 entrants total.
Fitz The Fox -- MB-43A2FCC9D7470D5E - Taken by fuzzy123. 4 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT #3 -- MB-21E6BADDA0CA2D0D - Taken by dimmer. 3 entrants total.
SUPERFIGHT #2 -- MB-536AC4355AFB6435 - Taken by Kifimbo. 3 entrants total.

t1471669104z1.png

pre-ordered Mankind Divided from GMG and got that key this morning...Valve added a Dota 2 Jensen Announcer Pack as another pre-order bonus and that was there for me when I opened Dota 2...can be sold September 17th

wasn't expecting that to be included with the key from GMG so I guess that'll be a couple dollars back once I can sell it

Downloaded Dota2 for it and it turned out I had a Fallout 4 announcer pack waiting for me as well!

I loved the Mercenaries 3D, I got really good at the game too and full combo'd at least a few stages, man that game is sweet.

I want this so bad. But it will never happen.

I want them to expand the roster and just pick the most obscure character from the RE time line *coughArkThompsoncough*

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Forgot that fallout announcer shit. Goddamn it. Is it even worth downloading dota to sell it? How much does it go for?

Huh, that Alisha DLC for Zestiria still works if you got a code way back when it was free.

I thought it was set to expire or something, but I just tried to redeem it and it worked (couldn't pass up Zestiria for ~$7, even if I probably won't like it).

Might be worth digging up your old email if you happened to get a free code, but didn't have the game at the time.

Monooboe

Ok that Star Citizen demo was very impressive, I really like how the game is shaping up. Though I have a feeling it's a game that will be good like in 10 years when they've had time to fill up that universe with content.

I wonder also, in the demo they just happened to find that space bike, which one can buy also but do they mean that it will actually be possible to find stuff that has real value in game? Because I would love to be in a world with a sense that there are treasures out there waiting to be found.

Kind of like the early days of Project Entropia, which had a real world economy and they had a system where items could be found in the world and sometimes some very good items.

Ludens

Banned
Huh, that Alisha DLC for Zestiria still works if you got a code way back when it was free.

I thought it was set to expire or something, but I just tried to redeem it and it worked (couldn't pass up Zestiria for ~$7, even if I probably won't like it).

Might be worth digging up your old email if you happened to get a free code, but didn't have the game at the time.

I got one, but I lost it and there's no way to recover it from the site.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ok that Star Citizen demo was very impressive, I really like how the game is shaping up. Though I have a feeling it's a game that will be good like in 10 years when they've had time to fill up that universe with content.

I wonder also, in the demo they just happened to find that space bike, which one can buy also but do they mean that it will actually be possible to find stuff that has real value in game? Because I would love to be in a world with a sense that there are treasures out there waiting to be found.

Kind of like the early days of Project Entropia, which had a real world economy and they had a system where items could be found in the world and sometimes some very good items.

Supposedly there's going to be three main ways you can play the game; The Squadron 42 single player campaign, the persistent multiplayer universe, and a persistent single player/your own server universe.

And supposedly the game is going to be fairly mod friendly, since they've been selling preorders to a "How To Mod Star Citizen" guide for a long while now.

All of that would lead you to believe that at some point there will be a Star Citizen game in which yes, you can find cool stuff and make cool use of it. How many years away and who is ultimately responsible for that game seems still up in the air. Comparable to where Skyrim is now versus where it was at launch.

Toxic rain is the worst. (Rimworld)

In the midst of a toxic rain storm, one of the last surviving animals, a lone doe, went mad and attacked my colony... only to die en route due to the toxicity. Then one of my colonists was reunited with his lost son, who wandered to the colony. Then their was a pirate raid that nearly killed everyone. And finally, a nearby tribe arrived to help (of course, after everything already went down...)

There's always something, man.

Pachimari

Hmm, I'm in some strange Witcher mood I think. I started reading the first book, and is about to order a pendant. How long is The Witcher 3 including all the DLC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom