• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Inside on Steam doesn't seem to pick up my XBox One controller...anybody else have this issue?

I solved by doing this:
-while in game press esc to access pause menu
-move your stick and now the game should detect the controller

I can't make it work by unplugging and plugging it back in the main menu.

Wok

Speaking of Gamescom, why do gameplay presentations look staged?

Look at the guy on the right. I have the same kind of impression when singers fake singing on TV and all they do is lip-sync.

I would rather watch some fails in real time than have the impression that I am watching a movie.

Grief.exe

Again... what?

Oh youre just fucking with me now. So was WoW a lie also?

I am playing wow, but i was messing with you for Marvel.

Ok that Star Citizen demo was very impressive, I really like how the game is shaping up. Though I have a feeling it's a game that will be good like in 10 years when they've had time to fill up that universe with content.

It's going to be procedurally generated.

Nzyme32

Look at the guy on the right. I have the same kind of impression when singers fake singing on TV and all they do is lip-sync.

I would rather watch some fails in real time than have the impression that I am watching a movie.

He presses something on the numpad for that to happen. Seemed like he was syncing up with what the other guy was doing. It looked like the physics only kicked in when that was pressed (floating body etc). It was scripted (as in the action, what they would do and when) so it wouldn't surprise me that they have a bunch of bugs like the one earlier in the vid, where having everything active at once doesn't work right now. Still always good to be sceptical

Hektor

Ucchedavāda;214341612 said:
Is there any reason why you might want to play The Evil Within with letter-boxing turned on, or should I just turn it off?

Just turn it off, unless you really like the style.

Is there any reason why you might want to play The Evil Within with letter-boxing turned on, or should I just turn it off?

Slightly better performance I guess? Turn it off, increase FOV and your gold.

Honestly, I'd assume that the vast majority of such presentations are staged.

Just turn it off, unless you really like the style.
Slightly better performance I guess? Turn it off, increase FOV and your gold.
Alright, thanks.
I can certainly make do without that style, and the game seems to run at a steady 60 FPS without it.

The guy on the right is operating a turret first, and then he's just waiting for the other guy to do his thing, so there isn't a lot of stuff that he could be doing at that moment.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Letter boxing is how its meant to be played. Increases the tension of not knowing whats around you
30 fps makes it feel like a horror cinematic, too. Superior console experience.

Wok

The guy on the right is operating a turret first, and then he's just waiting for the other guy to do his thing, so there isn't a lot of stuff that he could be doing at that moment.

I am not talking about the fact he does nothing for a moment, but about the fact there is some action on his screen and then he jumps on his mouse... as if the in-game action happens before he makes the moves.

He presses something on the numpad for that to happen. Seemed like he was syncing up with what the other guy was doing. It looked like the physics only kicked in when that was pressed (floating body etc). It was scripted (as in the action, what they would do and when) so it wouldn't surprise me that they have a bunch of bugs like the one earlier in the vid, where having everything active at once doesn't work right now. Still always good to be sceptical

That would make sense. I did not notice he was pressing buttons on the keypad, but you are right.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Letter boxing is how its meant to be played. Increases the tension of not knowing whats around you
Ugh no they crop off so much and combined with the fov it's nauseating black bars off improved my experience gameplay-wise immensely and it was still a super tense experience.

-MD-

I thought the game looked pretty cool with it enabled.

Disabling does help performance a bit and makes picking up objects slightly easier though.

I played 20 hours of Doom and I still want a refund. This shit won't load anymore. I can't play since the last update, my PC is apparently "low on memory".

Fuck that, I'm tired of trouble shooting this.

Grief.exe

Interesting to note that No Man's Sky sales have flat lined on Steam Spy despite being the top earner and is out of the top ten concurrent players at the moment.

Although the team still have to manually change or add to each procedurally generated planet.

If they have the mathematics to procedurally generate a planet, I don't see why they wouldn't be able to expand the equation to generate an entire solar system. Finally placing that entire solar system in a galaxy.

Since you have a Star Citizen avatar, I'm going to concede that you know more about the ongoing development than I do, I'm merely postulating.

bbd23

I played 20 hours of Doom and I still want a refund. This shit won't load anymore. I can't play since the last update, my PC is apparently "low on memory".

Fuck that, I'm tired of trouble shooting this.

What level are you on? I think im near the end of the game and its started to act really weird. my fps shows a constant 60 but it still feels like the game is slowing down. before I switched to vulkan the main menu would lag like crazy for about 5 seconds too. was wondering if an update fucked something up... sigh.

Uzzy

A new EU4 expansion has been announced today, 'Rights of Man'

This expansion to Paradox Development Studio’s best-selling historical strategy game introduces a number of small changes that add up to a deeper and more dynamic experience. Near the top of this list is the Great Power mechanic, where the most developed nations have access to new diplomatic options to bully or entice weaker neighbors. Keep that development going, or lose the powers you paid a high price for.

Rights of Man also adds a little more character to your monarchs, as they acquire traits that will give bonuses (or penalties) to your country, and affect how rival nations approach you. Beware the conqueror next door, but be nice to the generous king across the river - he may have some gold to spare in your time of need.

Other features coming in Rights of Man include:

- New goals for Coptic and Fetishist religions
- Greater control over adopting new cultures in your empire
- Leader Traits giving battle hardened commanders added prowess
- More detailed military instructions for Subject Nations
- Revolutionary Republics now have Factions to balance
- Ottoman Empire gets new Harem Politics events and options
- AND MUCH MUCH MORE

great_powers_02.jpg
ruler_personalities_01.jpg

Ozium

Getting low memory errors in Windows now when playing Doom. I only have 8gb of Ram but it wasn't an issue an update or two ago. What's going on?

it's what DOOM does

played through 2/3 of the game fine with no crashes, suddenly it started to crash randomly.. I thought maybe it's the intensity of these later levels.. went back and played level 1 or 2 and it crashed randomly

was gonna go for all the cheevos but the random crashing when replaying missions was shit because the game doesnt save until you finish the level at that point

:/

Erudite

I'm looking to grab RE: Revelations 2 for local-coop. I plan on buying all the main episodes. Can anyone chime in on whether or not I should I bother with the extra episodes?
And/or any of the other DLCs that aren't the costumes?

Also, all the footage I've seen of the local co-op has black bars cropping a lot of the image, any chance there's a mod that allows the game to use the whole screen?

MUnited83

For you.
This Vaas fight, maddening.
Give me a gun I've never used and hobbles my character.
I restarted that more than anything in all the Far Crys I've played. Plus,
it didn't make sense!

That hacked site? Nope!
Use fake name
Use fake email
Get key
??????????
Profit

What level are you on? I think im near the end of the game and its started to act really weird. my fps shows a constant 60 but it still feels like the game is slowing down. before I switched to vulkan the main menu would lag like crazy for about 5 seconds too. was wondering if an update fucked something up... sigh.
I'm on the second to last level, I was getting all the secrets.
it's what DOOM does

played through 2/3 of the game fine with no crashes, suddenly it started to crash randomly.. I thought maybe it's the intensity of these later levels.. went back and played level 1 or 2 and it crashed randomly

was gonna go for all the cheevos but the random crashing when replaying missions was shit because the game doesnt save until you finish the level at that point

Yep I'll never finish at this point, was having fun till now. No GOTY for you Doom.

Monooboe

It's going to be procedurally generated.

Aah, I do hope they come up with a good system that can generate stuff like what we saw in the demo. Sure it sounds like a tall order but it can't be impossible, many games have had similar systems which were very primitive.

Ludens

Banned
it's what DOOM does

Same here, but I only had crashed on level 11, never had crashes in other levels.

Tried Umbrella Corps. Was pretty shit and even with free weekend there doesn't seem to be many players or the matchmaking sucks.

I'm actually surprised Cacpcom still didn't release dlcs for it...guess it needs a player base first. Anyway it's just a matter of time for the game turning into a F2P...this if Capcom cares enough, they'll probably leave it to die in a corner.

Fuck you Bethesda give me my money back. The game won't work, can't load earlier or later missions, low memory error, rune trials won't even work. The game is broken.

I have seen many games releasing their GamesCom trailers few days ago. I haven't seen the major comapnies conferences or didn't they have ones?

Tizoc

Welp the Atomic Robo Hardcovers I paid for on Kickstarter are FINALLY being shipped to me~
Shipping costs: USD 160
Eh could've been worse.

Tried Umbrella Corps. Was pretty shit and even with free weekend there doesn't seeme dto be many players or the matchmaking sucks.

I dont even understand why publishers like Capcom (and now Konami) think its a good idea to develop a MP only game when people are playing Overwatch, TF2, CS:Go or MOBAs.

I wonder what the ones who greenlight such games think:

"So. We will be the next DOTA with our game, right? right?!"

Jawmuncher

I dont even understand why publishers like Capcom (and now Konami) think its a good idea to develop a MP only game when people are playing Overwatch, TF2, CS:Go or MOBAs.

I does a SP mode....but yeah it's not anything that'll really sell the game.

yuraya

Metal Gear Survive trailer on youtube has 2.8 million views. 17k likes 76k dislikes.

Konami brings shame to Metal Gear name.

Shame!!!!

Pd8Zm3K.gif

I am gonna leave my first ever negative review on Steam once I pick this game up from the dollar tier Humble "Fuck Konami" Bundle.

Tellaerin

Use fake name
Use fake email
Get key
??????????
Profit

LOL. I used a fake name and a throwaway email address when I signed up. The other day, when I heard about the hack, I went and changed my password. Tried to log in just now and I can't. Seems they changed their encryption in response to the "rumors" of a hack after I made the change, and told people to request a password reset when logging in. Requesting a reset doesn't seem to be sending out the reset email, so now I'm locked out. I have to laugh.

Welp the Atomic Robo Hardcovers I paid for on Kickstarter are FINALLY being shipped to me~
Shipping costs: USD 160
Eh could've been worse.

For that kind of money, you might as well just build your own robot and make a comic about its adventures. :p

Ludens

Banned

To be honest we don't know if Survive won't include a story-mode. The trailer hints about some kind of story in the background, since there are cutscenes...but yet, Konami did a cutscene for Quiet DLC too, so we need to wait for info, it's not even sure if the game will have pvp.

....but what if the game is actually, you know, good?!

Dunno, maybe. MGO3 is funny, but I stopped playing because:

-Konami broke matchmaking with a patch and it never worked again for me. Include the fact they introduced regional matchmaking with a game with an already small player base....that did the trick.
-there was no incentive to play. I maxed out a character, unlocking the special skin, and than you "ascend" just to start from level 1...to unlock some colors. Maybe they changed this in other patches, but it could be the same. So there wasn't so much to do.
-game launched with only five maps and three modes, so it lacked variety. Never played with the DLC, but MB map seems boring and too huge for the gameplay of MGO.

In the end, Konami itself killed MGO: they should release it as F2P on Steam and console, since the microtransactions are already present.

For Survive, they didn't even used MGSV fonts, the graphic for the title looks like from a Digital Homicide game.

Nzyme32

Metal Gear Survive trailer on youtube has 2.8 million views. 17k likes 76k dislikes.

Shame!!!!

Pd8Zm3K.gif

I am gonna leave my first ever negative review on Steam once I pick this game up from the dollar tier Humble "Fuck Konami" Bundle.

....but what if the game is actually, you know, good?!

shyamalan%20main.jpg

Jawmuncher

Shame!!!!

Pd8Zm3K.gif

I bet it won't even be bad outside not being what people want despite only being spinoff

fantomena

Why anyone would buy the game on release or even pre-order it is beyond me.

I can see CapCom doing something even more shitty to the RE-series, like a MOBA game and people will pre-order and buy it on release even if the chances for it being shit is higher than the chances for it being good.

It also seemed to lack content and the fun lasted for about 10 min. Ive played F2Ps which were better than Umbrella Corps.

Tellaerin

I can see CapCom doing something even more shitty to the RE-series, like a MOBA game and people will pre-order and buy it on release even if the chances for it being shit is higher than the chances for it being good.

I dunno, a "Resident Evil Heroes" could be fun. They've got a nice sized pool of characters to draw from, and zombies would be a natural fit as creeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom