• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

For that kind of money, you might as well just build your own robot and make a comic about its adventures. :p

I'm sure there are hundreds of ROBs still out there in pristine conditions for less ;P

The woes of paying shipping for heavy ass hardcover comic book collections, homie.
Mind you I backed as far as back as...November '15. I hope to not have to do such a thing again in the near future :p

I have seen many games releasing their GamesCom trailers few days ago. I haven't seen the major comapnies conferences or didn't they have ones?

Nintendo never really does anything conference wise at gamescom, Sony seems like they are switching to doing Paris games week instead of gamescom for their press conferences, Microsoft is having a special event later this year so nothing from them, and EA/Ubisoft never really have conferences there, just livestreams of games.

yuraya

....but what if the game is actually, you know, good?!

shyamalan%20main.jpg

My lust for revenge is too strong. The game can have 99 metacritic at this point and I will still leave a negative review. They took the Metal Gear name and are turning it into zombie survival coop game. It is unforgivable.

jonno394

After something dark and Moody (Alan Wake) i've decided to dive back in to the bright and colorful world of Nep-Nep with Neptunia re:birth 3. These games are a bit of a guilty pleasure, but I like the characters, and the gameplay is simple yet fun. Nice 60fps and a step up from the Vita, which i used to play rebirth 1, Hyperdevotion Noire and Neptunia U: Action Unleashed.

Since I have got rid of it, I am looking forward to MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies later this year!

Man who the hell turned off page filing here? Game works now that it's been re-enabled.

I still won't apologize to Bethesda though cus the multiplayer sucks. Okay maybe I'll apologize a little bit, but work on the single player expansion.

Jawmuncher

My lust for revenge is too strong. The game can have 99 metacritic at this point and I will still leave a negative review. They took the Metal Gear name and are turning it into zombie survival coop game. It is unforgivable.

We're you mad about the MGS acid card games?

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Black Soma, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Skullgirls -- MB-61AA01DD5AF3F7C8 - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.

t1471717642z1.png

Grief.exe

Emotional reactions are fun.

If the game is good, then it's good, if it's bad then we will ignore it. I don't see how they can make a bad game since the gameplay in MGSV and the FOX engine itself is so polished.

Arthea

I checked DX:MD review thread, it's so confusing, then again every review thread is these days.

Pretty decent eBay deal on Steam Wallet credit if anyone's looking. Works out to $80 credit for $65 (or ~19% off).

Use the code CPREP4SCHOOL16, and add four $20 wallet cards to your cart. Has to be sold via Best Buy, I think -- Paypal Digital Rewards don't work.

Here's a link to the $20 card from Best Buy.

not sure I follow, sold via bestbuy on ebay is still sold on ebay and ebay rules apply, or am I missing something?

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I've always loved the salt from the MGS fanbase.

What Capcom should do is a make a F2P Mercs. Release it on PC, Xbone, and PS4. Rather than just trying to ape what they've done in the past. Have unlock characters, versus mode, coop, etc. Skins will be popular and it is already a good game.

not sure I follow, sold via bestbuy on ebay is still sold on ebay and ebay rules apply, or am I missing something?

The difference is that the Best Buy ones are physical cards they ship you, which seems to work with the discount. Email-only codes do not.

It's still sold on eBay, it's just that the seller is Best Buy and they're the ones that'll ship you the card.

Arthea

The difference is that the Best Buy ones are physical cards they ship you, which seems to work with the discount. Email-only codes do not.

It's still sold on eBay, it's just that the seller is Best Buy and they're the ones that'll ship you the card.

oh, nvm then, you should have mentioned these are physical cards, it's only for US then, as usual, ebay or no ebay.

edited: can you please stop quoting that huge pic?

yuraya

We're you mad about the MGS acid card games?

Yes I was. I was mad about all that stuff along with all the other psp stuff as well because I never cared for handheld gaming. But I let it all go because the outlook was still very bright and I knew Kojima would continue delivering great things. And he did. This time around it isn't the same tho. Konami is just cashing in on the name by ticking off all the modern day checkboxes to appeal to everyone that isn't a Metal Gear fan. Its all downhill from here. It will only get worse.

Next year is 30 year anniversary for the series and we are getting a Metal Gear zombie game for 30$. Anyone who finds that even slightly appealing isn't a real MGS fan. They are just trolls who want to see the franchise burn.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I've been super busy at work (16 hour days are not uncommon) and today is my first day off in a few weeks. I had some time last night and this morning to finish

header.jpg

12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power

This was by far my favorite of the "Hercules" games so far, every level felt like a fresh new experience and was fun to play - and rarely ever frustrating (which I thought the second one was). These games continue to amaze me at their value for $0.59 each during the Steam summer sale. Overall I'm really pleased with the game and will probably start playing #4 before too long. This is the first one I didn't bother getting all the achievements for, as the developer scores were set (IMHO) a little too high to be reasonable to beat 10 of them. Still a great game though, and very much worth playing.

Hektor

Next year is 30 year anniversary for the series and we are getting a Metal Gear zombie game for 30$. Anyone who finds that even slightly appealing isn't a real MGS fan. They are just trolls who want to see the franchise burn.

No offense, but are you serious?

Arthea

Hercules III
I know you recommended it at least year ago, but I finally got to playing and finishing the first game, it's fun, true and levels are short enough to play it whenever you feel like and have free 10 minutes. For they price, they are really great. Starting second now, which will take me another half a year to finish, but that's OK.
I don't really feel like 100%-ing those games, though. Most achievements are acquired just by playing the game, and replaying levels to get the rest seems like a bore, those aren't games with replay value.

sadblob

Emotional reactions are fun.

If the game is good, then it's good, if it's bad then we will ignore it. I don't see how they can make a bad game since the gameplay in MGSV and the FOX engine itself is so polished.

I agree with this, but I can't avoid thinking that if they wanted to do that kind of game, why use an established franchise?

yuraya

No offense, but are you serious?

Yea I am. I was hoping they would do like full remastered collection for consoles and pc but it looks like we aren't even gonna get that. Maybe even a MGS3 remake. But instead we are getting a half priced survival coop zombie game. Why would anyone be excited for that? Especially any MGS fan.

Grief.exe

Yea I am. I was hoping they would do like full remastered collection for consoles and pc but it looks like we aren't even gonna get that. Maybe even a MGS3 remake. But instead we are getting a half priced survival coop zombie game. Why would anyone be excited for that? Especially any MGS fan.

Sometimes we don't get what we want in life, but a remastered collection would certainly be a cheaper investment with higher margins than an original title. My guess would be that is still happening.

Something to keep in mind is the AAA industry is going to become less viable as the console side continues to stagnate. Expect more of this to keep happening.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Were you able to get it running properly? I had the same issue when I first ran it, but it was fine the second time. Turning on vsync in the launcher is supposedly the fix, but I'd enabled the first time, when the black screen was there. Something to try if it's still giving you trouble.

I disabled it and re-enabled vsynch and now it works full screen, so I guess that was the trick after all. Thanks.

Sometimes we don't get what we want in life, but a remastered collection would certainly be a cheaper investment with higher margins than an original title. My guess would be that is still happening.

Something to keep in mind is the AAA industry is going to become less viable as the console side continues to stagnate. Expect more of this to keep happening.

I want you to back up the console side stagnating with some sources, because both of the main consoles are selling very well.

Hektor

Guess i'm not a real fan then. :/

I agree with this, but I can't avoid thinking that if they wanted to do that kind of game, why use an established franchise?

Using an established franchise is instant attention new IP's have to fight for.

This is also very clearly labeled as a Spin-off (and even takes place in an alternate universe), so i can't really understand the complaints about it how it treats the franchise.

You don't even have to pretend it's non-canon because it even is so officially.

Nillansan

Metal Gear Survive trailer on youtube has 2.8 million views. 17k likes 76k dislikes. I am gonna leave my first ever negative review on Steam once I pick this game up from the dollar tier Humble "Fuck Konami" Bundle.

I will keep an open mind, but then again, I actually enjoy the Zombie component in the Call of Duty: Black Ops games.

I've been super busy at work (16 hour days are not uncommon) and today is my first day off in a few weeks. I had some time last night and this morning to finish

header.jpg

12 Labours of Hercules III: Girl Power

This was by far my favorite of the "Hercules" games so far, every level felt like a fresh new experience and was fun to play - and rarely ever frustrating (which I thought the second one was). These games continue to amaze me at their value for $0.59 each during the Steam summer sale. Overall I'm really pleased with the game and will probably start playing #4 before too long. This is the first one I didn't bother getting all the achievements for, as the developer scores were set (IMHO) a little too high to be reasonable to beat 10 of them. Still a great game though, and very much worth playing.

Nice to hear it wasn't as frustrating as the second one. I played first two a few months ago and didn't get to the third yet. There's totally going to be twelve of these games, right? :V

drakaenae

bunch of old Enclave keys from DLH that I farmed years ago, should still work

ModBot said:
Instructions for drakaenae:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (drakaenae, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Enclave #5 -- MB-3B285560B972E078 - Taken by HowardRoark
Enclave -- MB-A037DE9BFDEBE577 - Taken by dimmer
Enclave #4 -- MB-590AFFF6B8997DF2 - Taken by Lashley
Enclave #3 -- MB-30F8D6372964340D - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Enclave #2 -- MB-D32B31522E125479 - Taken by Ucchedavāda

Hektor

I decided to finally watch Free to Play, and it's more than 7 GB download?!
How long is that documentary?

Normal movie length iirc.

I'm unsure if it's enjoyable to watch if u aren't into Dotes, since it's very heavy on player profiles.

I thought it was great tho.

Arthea

Normal movie length iirc.

I'm unsure if it's enjoyable to watch if u aren't into Dotes, since it's very heavy on player profiles.

I thought it was great tho.

I didn't expect 7BG dl, to be sure

I'm not into competitive gaming of any kinds myself anymore, but not like I'm totally ignorant of doto, we'll see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom