• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

donny2112

If the Win10 update is as bad as people are saying, that could be a good incentive to revert back to Windows 7. That'd be a good unintended side effect of doing the update so soon after the free upgrade period ended. That way all who waited until the last day have plenty of time to confirm for themselves how bad Win10 is and go running back to the safety of Windows 7! :lol

Javier23

Banned
image.php

Ozium

why no humble bundle?

first they get rid of the weekly saying they will have a bundle starting every week, then over the last month they have only had one bundle happening at once

and now zero

rip humble, soon the only bundle site left will be groupees

Grief.exe

So FFXV just got a season pass. 10 years in the making and SE is charging for, I presume, additional story contents. Not that I expected no DLCs, skins and weapons were a sure thing, but I didn't expect a season pass.

10 years of development time actually would increase the likelihood of a season pass as there will be 10 years worth of scrapped concept and half finished work that can be polished up after release.

Ludens

Banned
10 years of development time actually would increase the likelihood of a season pass as there will be 10 years worth of scrapped concept and half finished work that can be polished up after release.

Well, I expect to find in the full game a polished up, complete product already. People are talking about Witcher-like expension, but come on, this is SE, of course it's gonna be something cut out of the game.

madjoki

What did that Tim-guy say about MS breaking steam again? :p

Are we expecting a Quake Con sale today on Steam ?

Also, new windows update has stopped me browsing the store through Steam, works OK in Chrome.

Well Doom is on sale. Says weekend deal, so maybe rest come on Thursday?

For a limited time, you can also purchase the DOOM + Steam Controller Bundle and save 40% on the Steam Controller!

Already purchased DOOM on Steam? For a limited time, the Steam Controller will be 40% off for those customers that previously purchased DOOM through Steam.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379720/

DarKshodaN

Ok i fixed my Problem , i installed all available Fonts from the Font Settings Menu in Windows, and the Store loads just fine, phew...

Nzyme32

Windows annoyances from this new update:

- All the apps I removed are back
- MS Edge and Win Store are back on my taskbar
- I initially found 6 apps had changed privacy settings as soon as I returned post-update, a few hours later now and there are now 17 more apps that have been added with privacy settings I have to change from my preferred options.
- "Get Office" and "One Note" apps have returned, despite the fact I have Office 2016. The two One Notes now seem to conflict with eachother. Hopefully removing the more recent will fix that, which I'll try now.
- AAC files can not be set to itunes as the default app (bizarrely). Groove is the default, and I can only seem to change it to VLC. iTunes has been the home of my AAC files for years. No idea what is going on

rdytoroll

Lmao, steam forums (Abzu in this case) always deliver:

It's 2016 the game was designed to be played with a controller. If you're stuck in the 90s and can only use mouse & keyboard, well don't buy it!

And here's my opinion on the game from the OT:

Just finished it after 2.5 hours. It's a visually striking, beautiful experience of a game with a great soundtrack and art design. The last level was breathtaking. Emotionally it doesn't hold a candle to Journey imo.

Great game if you want to relax and forget about the daily stress, so in that regard it does a somewhat better job than Journey, which made me very emotional towards the ending.

I really liked it, would recommend

Nzyme32

Lmao, steam forums (Abzu in this case) always deliver:

And here's my opinion on the game from the OT:

I really liked it, would recommend

All I wanted to know really. I'll get it eventually for sure, but a shame it isn't something as powerful as Journey apparently is. Still not played it, but will do one day

Someone in the review thread/OT said he manages 45-60fps on a relatively ancient Intel CPU and a 7970, so I'd guess the recommended requirements assume 1080p60 as the goal.

Edit:

Would my rig be able to handle it?

i5 2500K CPU @ 3.3 GHZ (4 CPUS)
GPU : amd radeon HD 6970

8.00 GB RAM

I don't know how big of a difference 6970/7970 is...

rdytoroll

All I wanted to know really. I'll get it eventually for sure, but a shame it isn't something as powerful as Journey apparently is. Still not played it, but will do one day

Oh, don't get me wrong. It still has some really great moments that just make you feel such joy. It's just another kind of emotion

KainXVIII

Seems that Anniversary update finally fixed xbox controller support in Unity games (and maybe some other apps), so check them out.
At least FFIX working fine now.

Durante

Tbh when in doubt I'll blame it on Valve doing some non-standard fuckery but again, was it fine in the previews?
It's hard to avoid "non-standard" things when Microsoft arbitrarily decides that something new is now "non-standard" with an update.

Windows annoyances from this new update:

- All the apps I removed are back
- MS Edge and Win Store are back on my taskbar
- I initially found 6 apps had changed privacy settings as soon as I returned post-update, a few hours later now and there are now 17 more apps that have been added with privacy settings I have to change from my preferred options.
- "Get Office" and "One Note" apps have returned, despite the fact I have Office 2016. The two One Notes now seem to conflict with eachother. Hopefully removing the more recent will fix that, which I'll try now.
- AAC files can not be set to itunes as the default app (bizarrely). Groove is the default, and I can only seem to change it to VLC. iTunes has been the home of my AAC files for years. No idea what is going on
Sounds great.

I have no clue why people are hating this update so much. I just installed it on two pc's one at work and my main at my house, remotely. Took about 20 mins and installed fine no issues. This official dark theme is wonderful!

Knurek

It's hard to avoid "non-standard" things when Microsoft arbitrarily decides that something new is now "non-standard" with an update.

Sounds great.

You're not being fair to Microsoft.
We all have to wait for /build to have MS talk about fixing things and then for BiAnniversary Update to fix some while breaking more.

Accoun

Quake 1 bundle is still $20 on Humble.

GTFO here.

Quake 1? Isn't it $10 on GOG (and pretty sure that's normal price). At least it shows around 40 PLN in Poland and it should be $10 USD. Plus pretty sure I got it from one of those $10 raffles on their Twitch.

Don't tell me it's the same package.

Tizoc

It may not make up for lack of a Humble Bundle but I hope whoever wins enjoys it
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes -- MB-F0718B70CDF9FF3F - Taken by Mikurden. 15 entrants total.

t1470177854z1.png

Parsnip

oooh boy. First and last time buying Zotac (a quick turn around from my previous comment, last time a trust said friend). The cards fans are misaligned so the end up lightly scraping the housing, making the fan sound god awful

Thank god for the refund policy. Going to spend the extra £20 on either the MSI or Gigabyte cards

Anyone have a trust preference on MSI or Gigabyte graphics cards?

My 1070 is MSI Gaming X, and it's great.
My 970 was MSI Gaming. It was great too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom