• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

Kind of a shame that these things are only with one GPU manufacturer and can't be something integrated as part of services like Steam, where all users could enjoy it.

If only Photo Mode is mandatory for PS4/X1 release that would be good for PC players too.

iiicon

RIP then. Trails games are awesome and engrossing games that are like 80 hours long each. So you'll get around to D:OS sometime late next year =)
I'm knee-deep in SC at the moment. The sudden release of Cold Steel 2 caught me by surprise; I thought I had more time.

Ludens

Banned
Sony is charging more when PSN on PS3 basically impossible to use, PS4 has download speeds broken and they don't manage to fix the issue.

Wok

Help, I don't know what happened with my Windows 10 but this is what it suddenly looks like! Where is my desktop? Where is my usual taskbar? I have no idea what to type on Google.

tGoVN20.jpg

Edit: It get recommeded to buy Quantum Break from the Windows Store! This is madness!

nxU0zME.png

Wok

aren't you on the start menu?

This is the first time I hear about such a thing. I directly moved from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Thanks, I am going to look for a way to disable that non-sense, I want my Desktop back!

That looks like Tablet Mode.

That must be it. Thanks. Firefox has currently no minimize button. Edit: This is it!

Yay, you saved me from madness! https://superuser.com/questions/949261/how-can-i-turn-off-tablet-mode-windows-10

edit: Click on the notification icon on your taskbar (to the left of FRA), then click on tablet mode to leave it. You may have to go into settings and make sure it doesn't log you in that way.

That must be how I activated it. I remember now there was a notification and I wanted to hide it.

Pfeeeeeew. I thought it was an update from Microsoft which disabled the Desktop.

Thank you! I was getting crazy!

Nabs

Help, I don't know what happened with my Windows 10 but this is what it suddenly looks like! Where is my desktop? Where is my usual taskbar? I have no idea what to type on Google.

Edit: It get recommeded to buy Quantum Break from the Windows Store!

nxU0zME.png

That looks like Tablet Mode.

edit: Click on the notification icon on your taskbar (to the left of FRA), then click on tablet mode to leave it. You may have to go into settings and make sure it doesn't log you in that way.

That's The Witcher III: Hearts of Stone beaten. Great story, but I'm quite sick of the battles in The Witcher III now. Not the combat system in itself, but that CD Projekt doesn't care about staging the fights so that they play to the games strength.

Rather then letting you prepare yourself, as a Witcher supposed to do, they try and suprise you as much as possible.
And instead of playing them in the open world, they put too many of them into tight spaces, where the camera becomes an extra enemy.
And they padd the game with lots of extra encounters with smaller enemies, despite it already being so lengthy.

Well... Reinhardt & Co. are straight out of Dark Souls so it makes a lot of sense.
That's The Witcher III: Hearts of Stone beaten. Great story, but I'm quite sick of the battles in The Witcher III now. Not the combat system in itself, but that CD Projekt doesn't care about staging the fights so that they play to the games strength.

Rather then letting you prepare yourself, as a Witcher supposed to do, they try and suprise you as much as possible.
And instead of playing them in the open world, they put too many of them into tight spaces, where the camera becomes an extra enemy.
And they padd the game with lots of extra encounters with smaller enemies, despite it already being so lengthy.

With the number of encounters in TW3, the preparation-based gameplay the series is known for would become a huge speedbump in the momentum and rhythm of TW3's core gameplay.

I'm kinda hoping there's a mod that improves that loop, and the loot in general, at some point. Or some kind of Enhanced Edition.

Vuze

Edit: It get recommeded to buy Quantum Break from the Windows Store! This is madness!

As Nabs said, this is tablet mode. That's exactly what Win10 looks like on my tablet. Not sure why it would switch to this on your PC unless you accidently turned it on.

The Witness just got updated with Nvidia Ansel support: http://steamcommunity.com/games/210970/announcements/detail/829047487118726041

Capabilities include:

* Super-resolution screenshots (waaaay higher than your monitor resolution)
* 360-degree panoramic screenshots
* Image tweaks for brightness, contrast, color control
* Postprocessing filters

Nvidia announcement page: http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-ansel-for-the-witness-available-now
I wonder if somebody is working on an ANSEL injector of sorts that hacks the tool into unsupported games. There are Cheat Engine camera tables for a lot of games anyway, so I wonder if this is possible.
iirc there were several tools used to add support for Nvidia 3D Vision and I imagine that ANSEL is way less niche (and as such may attract more attention) since it requires no extra hardware etc. Hmmm

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift -- MB-232C34F6D7A003E7 - Taken by fspm. 18 entrants total.

t1471981125z1.png

Hektor

wait wat, i just looked at the store page of D:OSII and turns out you can play lizard people???

Kickstarter pledge already so worth it.

I hope it's not going to be the only inhuman race tho, otherwise everyboy will play that and mine won't be as much of a unique snowflake in the game as he will be in my erotic fanfiction.

Annubis

wait wat, i just looked at the store page of D:OSII and turns out you can play lizard people???

I hope it's not going to be the only inhuman race tho, otherwise everyboy will play that and mine won't be as much of a unique snowflake in the game as he will be in my erotic fanfiction.

With the tag system, you should be able to feel unique enough.

The races in DOS2 are: Lizards, Undead (stretch goal reached!), Humans, Elves, Dwarves. I think that's it? They've done a lot of work to make them distinct aesthetically and story-wise, which should be interesting.

So where is the current cheapest place to buy Deus ex? I missed GMG cheap and now gamesplanet is only 14% off UK store, was 20% off. I am in Canada so the cheapest appears to be cdkeys at $52 CAD :(

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
The races in DOS2 are: Lizards, Undead (stretch goal reached!), Humans, Elves, Dwarves. I think that's it? They've done a lot of work to make them distinct aesthetically and story-wise, which should be interesting.

I know that I am going to want to play though twice at least. Once as maybe Dwarf or Human, and then definitely as Undead. I gotta see how weird that is.

Warriors of Vilvatikta, an Indonesian-inspired RPG, is coming to Steam tomorrow-ish. It looks interesting to me.

I'm pretty sure it's an RPG Maker game. But wait, let me sell it to you:
Features:
  • Time-proven, traditional turn based battle system.
Done.
I know that I am going to want to play though twice at least. Once as maybe Dwarf or Human, and then definitely as Undead. I gotta see how weird that is.

It's going to be hard to resist burning through all of the origins when DOS2 hits Early Access.

Also, I hope to the Source that Polymorpher make it into the launch. I need it.

Nzyme32

That was the case in the past, but these days devs can adjust the unlock time whenever they please to whatever they please. Even weekend releases are permitted now (e.g. it was 11pm on Sunday in Valve Land when Watching Grass Grow unlocked).

I'd guess the stark difference is just a matter of where the responsibility lies if something goes wrong. On PSN and XBL, the onus is on Sony/MS to fix things as the level of control publishers have is comparatively limited.

Very interesting. In which case, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of different release times that what we currently see

Jawmuncher

I wish OT's would be backed up with a text version, or at least updated when they get moved to community. It's a bummer looking for an old OT thread to see how GAF felt about a game and the OT is 12 broken pictures.

This is why I only use pictures for Banners and Titles.

Parsnip

Agh.
The most frustrating thing about Hitman is to make a suit only silent assassin run only to find out at the score screen that you were spotted somewhere and you just didn't notice.

Warriors of Vilvatikta, an Indonesian-inspired RPG, is coming to Steam tomorrow-ish. It looks interesting to me.

I'm pretty sure it's an RPG Maker game. But wait, let me sell it to you:

It's definitely an RPGMaker game. The developer has released two previous RPGMaker games, both for a dollar or so (although one is currently 40% off so you can get it in the realm of 60 cents.)

This is the main problem:

Embark on an epic quest inspired directly by Indonesian history.

Not many people want to play games directly based on history (unless it's a shooter in a war setting,) because they're afraid it'll be an educational game. Making an all-new adventure set in a historical backdrop would go over much better. "I don't think I've ever played a game set in Indonesia, that might be interesting." as opposed to "Indonesian history, who cares?"

But hey, if it's priced similarly to their other games, it might manage to carve itself a niche.

Tizoc

The devs of Aviary Attorney are still alive! For me, this is one of the biggest piece of news of the year. :D

Maybe we get something for the next Humble monthly...

Nice! I think I'll double dip on the DRM-free version.
Now if only Paint it back had a DRM-free version too for me to double dip on @_@

Vibranium

Banned
Sony about to send some more people Steam's way, for that free online.

I really hope Nintendo doesn't charge for multiplayer on the NX.

Let there be lightning! (from Rimworld)
Also I think Steam doubled their screenshot cloud storage capacity?
It's definitely an RPGMaker game. The developer has released two previous RPGMaker games, both for a dollar or so (although one is currently 40% off so you can get it in the realm of 60 cents.)

This is the main problem:

Not many people want to play games directly based on history (unless it's a shooter in a war setting,) because they're afraid it'll be an educational game. Making an all-new adventure set in a historical backdrop would go over much better. "I don't think I've ever played a game set in Indonesia, that might be interesting." as opposed to "Indonesian history, who cares?"

But hey, if it's priced similarly to their other games, it might manage to carve itself a niche.
You raise a good point. But after the Witcher and Thea: The Awakening showed me what promise Polish mythology had, I've tried to give a lot more weight to regional ideas than I used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom