• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Tizoc, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes -- MB-F0718B70CDF9FF3F - Taken by Mikurden. 15 entrants total.

t1470177854z1.png

Yo Batman is busted lol. The right trigger on my controller doesn't even work and it runs like complete ass. Really disappointed, I know TellTale games aren't technically competent but at least you could always brute force the PC version, not this time.

Pixieking

Banned
Re: the Win10 update. Just a note to say that it automatically switches a lot of stuff back to default - like, for instance, the bloody Ease of Access/Stickey Keys/Mouse Keys shortcuts. If you're installing it, assume you're essentially clean installing Windows 10, and do as you would with that.

Just finished sweeping-up after updating my wife's laptop. Gonna update my own laptop when I have access to it in a few days. Fun fun fun. :/

So I managed to partially restore the partition table that Windows Update nuked. Not enough to give me a working OS, but enough that I can easily copy stuff off it.

Is there any weird places I need to look to make sure that I copy every game-related file? That's about the only thing on there that is worth saving. I've copied C:\Users, C:\ProgramData, and will be copying SteamApps as well to save time.

Ozium

everytime there is a win 10 update I hear about how the sky is falling and then I go to update and everything is normal

shrug-emote

Ozium

played 6 minutes of ABZU

it is legit af

controls great, music is great, graphics is great

didn't really play other than doing flips and shit in the starting area like ecco

better than journey

did you play?

I messed with it about 15 minutes. Right away you're presented with a covenant system, Gunmetal or Arcadia Clans. You can pledge to one and NPCs react to you differently and give different prices on goods based on whose pin you wear. It seemed cool and it was definitely clear how the game would still be cool if it's randomized as in Gunmetal Arcadia (no Zero).

Nabs

I'm still sad I missed out on Gunmetal Arcadia Zero. I hope the exclusivity period isn't so long (or forever).

If you guys submitted to the dark side in the first place then MSchan wouldn't have had to aggressively enter it's dongle inside your ports. Face the consequences! Muhahahaha!

Thanks to Vazra I've been playing Slain for a bit.

I didn't play the original release so I can't really compare the 2.0 version with that one, but what I played now seems enjoyable (though there's some sections in which you get a ton of fast moving enemies thrown at you, and you also have to do some platforming at the same time which I didn't really enjoy) I beat the first boss and so far it's been a rewarding experience.
Special mention goes to the soundtrack, it's really good in my opinion, and suits the game's theme perfectly.
The graphics are also pretty nice, and I like the addition of CRT filters, I feel like the game looks better with one of these on.
I'm not a fan of the game's writing so far, though I suspect it's cheesy on purpose.

Ruruja

I joined SteamGAF community on PS4 earlier, don't recognise a single person in there (there was only 7 members). Maybe there's another SteamGAF out there.

Corpekata

Banned
Windows update appears to have made Xbox One wireless controllers worse for Unity games than before. Now the games that had problems (like always walking left, dpad and shoulder buttons swapped) flat out don't respond at all.

Tested it out in Slain! and Anima, both which had the problem. Unity games like Furi which did not are unaffected.

JustinBB7

Telltale Batman was amazing. Ran fine for me, action was fun, detective parts were fun, and could
even plan my attack!

And it was 2 hours, after Michonne that was nice. Sucks it runs like shit for a lot of people :(

Sarcasm

The update for W10 is out? Maybe I won't get it because of my region heh. Cortana isn't available here ohyea. Does it reset a lot of things? Like group policies? Especially the updates one - I notify for both.

Yo Batman is busted lol. The right trigger on my controller doesn't even work and it runs like complete ass. Really disappointed, I know TellTale games aren't technically competent but at least you could always brute force the PC version, not this time.
After Windows 10 started supporting Xbox One controller natively, the OS no longer recognizes XBone controller as Xbox360 controller, and Telltale games couldn't detect my controller because it wasn't a 360 one.

Anteater

i'm tempted to click into the no man's sky spoiler thread to find out what's there to spoil, but that would spoil the surprise

Humble Monthly 10% off discount.

You'd be better off buying on Steam so you can refund it if needed, even if it's 10% "more" than Humble Bundle.

As an aside, I'm definitely less interested in it now. I was ready to buy it and play it immediately, but the semi-mixed early impressions are making me hesitant to spend $60 on it.

Telltale Batman was amazing. Ran fine for me, action was fun, detective parts were fun, and could
even plan my attack!

And it was 2 hours, after Michonne that was nice. Sucks it runs like shit for a lot of people :(

Who do I believe

derExperte

Who do I believe

Trigger works for me (X1 pad, W10 Anniversary) and the game runs good except minimal hitches before transitions, muuuuch better than Michonne. Had to reload a save when I couldn't back out of a menu so you won't mistake this for polished AAA, still a Telltale joint, but I like it so far.

Oh, hey, GMG now has Mankind Divided for 25% off (instead of 20% off) making it $45.

I think I might jump in on that. I was going to wait and see what kind of "exclusive to DirectX 12" stuff they were going to pull, but if the game looks like crap with DX11 I can always cancel the preorder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom