• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durante

Steam reviews are bashing really hard on Deus Ex for microtransactions. Also for the preorder stuff.

Are the microtransactions that problematic?
I only learned that there are microtransactions from the internet, and I've been playing the game for 10 hours or so.

They are silly, sure, but problematic? Nah.

Also, I maintain that it's an amazing looking game.
dxmd_2016_08_25_19_10v3uyz.jpg

dxmd_2016_08_25_19_45iauid.jpg

dxmd_2016_08_25_19_51d6uv7.jpg

dxmd_2016_08_25_20_40aiuj7.jpg

Steam reviews are bashing really hard on Deus Ex for microtransactions. Also for the preorder stuff.

The only place I prominently saw it was in the Breach mode of the game and even then it is never in your face and only talk about it once at the beginning of the mode for like 10 seconds. I haven't seen anything at all in the main game.

I'm not sure whats going on with the steam reviews.

Saty

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/279929/Dead_By_Daylight_sales_top_1_million_after_two_months.php
Over 1 million copies of Starbreeze and Behaviour Digital's asymmetrical multiplayer horror title Dead By Daylight have now been sold.

The announcement was made as part of Starbreeze's Q2 financial report, and shows the game has gone from strength to strength since June, when it was revealed to have sold 270,000 copies.
That initial sales boom allowed Starbreeze to recoup its publishing and development costs in less than a week.

Grief.exe

Got it working.

Btw, is it not possible to turn off VSYNC to increase FPS? There's no option in-game and doing it in the Nvidia control panel makes it still says 60 FPS, but with tearing.

Dark Souls is hard locked to 60 due to animations.

Probably not, but gamers are absurdly worried about any hint of micro transaction or misleading promises.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
If I delete a game from my account does it disappear off my games played list? I've "played" 90 hours of "Wild Island Quest" (some bundle turd). I think what happened was an IdleMaster fuckup where it just kept playing the game. I don't plan on ever playing this and it'd be nice to remove it from my list.
They are no longer visible on your profile but the stats are still there if you ever repurchase it.

BigBoss

Whoever has played Ryse on PC, I need some help. Whenever I change graphics settings (high to low across the board) I get no difference in performance, same exact framerate and I'm not noticing any difference in the graphics. Has anyone else had this issue?

Adnor

Banned
I've been sick these last few days so I haven't checked games and now I visit Nuuvem and all the prices are in USD and not cheap anymore.

Thanks for ruining Nuuvem for us south americans :(

Sch1sm

I am coming over to the dark side, brother.

Dunno if Stallion's noticed this, but games I've removed still get into the suggested DLC section during sales for me. They also still showed up on sites like steamcompletionist, so. The stain will follow you forever.

gelf

On the topic of play time reporting.Has there ever been any known bugs with it on Steam, especially in the early days of the feature? Somehow my profile has me down as having played GTA4 for near 200 hours and I cannot see how it was even played for half that much time. I barely even like the game.

My only thoughts are at the time I was having PC troubles and I had to do some shenanigans to restore save files and maybe that doubled the count or that it was somehow idling in the background for days without me noticing, which seems unlikely.

Nabs

On the topic of play time reporting.Has there ever been any known bugs with it on Steam, especially in the early days of the feature? Somehow my profile has me down as having played GTA4 for near 200 hours and I cannot see how it was even played for half that much time. I barely even like the game.

My only thoughts are one time I had to do some shenanigans to restore a save file and maybe that doubled the count or it was somehow idling in the background for days without me noticing, which seems unlikely.

GTAIV has that securom, rockstar whatever, and gwfl combo of death. I wouldn't be surprised if forgot to close everything after being told your version of flash wasn't outdated enough, or that gfwl couldn't update properly.

Ascheroth

Human Revolution is goooood.
I'm still not as far as I was when I played the non-DC version a long time ago, but I believe I'm already doing waaaay better.
Still on the first main mission in Detroit
(the police station)
and got my hacking skill up to 5, as well as maxed the hacking detection upgrade and got myself the social thingy, 2 praxis left. (I know, my priorities are probably completely borked, but seeing all those hackable things everywhere, I just couldn't refuse. Besides, opening things with passwords and keycodes doesn't give experience and rewards, which means I even refused to look into Adams own computer until I could hack into it :/)
Loving how much the game rewards exploration. There are so many little secret spots to find, and they all reward you XP just for finding them.
And all stealth, all day.

Parsnip

QLOC is actually over 200 employees. How many of those are localization/QA/etc and how many are on the engineering side, who can say.

And perhaps a bit surprisingly, Nixxes is 1-50 employees.
They are currently still working on Rottr on PC and PS4, and now DXMD and who knows what else, I wonder how thin they are spreading themselves.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rhaknar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Cally's Trials -- MB-E41C97CE4CD11DD9 - Taken by drakaenae

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
It always amuses me when a game has cards and it takes more time to idle it than it does to actually play it. Not that any one really wants to play TeraBlaster

QLOC is amazing. They are worth whatever every penny.

It would behoove Koei Tecmo to use them as well for their ports.

KT is satisfied with people buying their PC ports from PS3 versions of their games. It explains why everyone wants their games in a Humble Bundle.

illusionary

A new expansion has been announced for Endless Legend. Their fourth. I haven't played the game in some time but I barely even remembering there being oceans, which is what this is focused on. Interested to see how it turns out. And glad to see the game is apparently still doing well enough to warrant sizeable expansions.

I feel at least a little vindicated then in resisting the purchase in the summer sale! I'd guess that there'll be a more-complete 'complete package available next time around - maybe that'll finally be my biting point.

QLOC is amazing. They are worth whatever every penny.

It would behoove Koei Tecmo to use them as well for their ports.

Wait, you're saying you don't love compatibility issues, PS3 textures from games that have PS4 versions, bugs, crashes, lack of keyboard bindings, locked frame rates and poor quality in your Koei Tecmo games?

mrgone

Wait, you're saying you don't love compatibility issues, PS3 textures from games that have PS4 versions, bugs, crashes, lack of keyboard bindings, locked frame rates and poor quality in your Koei Tecmo games?

It's hard to hate anyone that supports their games with so much DLC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom