• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

GAF with "sources" saying WB had left PC entirely?

That sounds like an absurd GAF overreaction.

i6b2dd0.png

That wall texture.

Ozium

Four Sided Fantasy - 8/30
Hue - 8/30
Turing Test - 8/30
Tahira - 8/31
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 8/31
RunGunJumpGun - 8/31
Redout - 9/2
Seasons After Fall - 9/2
Mother Russia Bleeds - 9/5
The Bunker
Rive - 9/13
Everspace - 9/14
Event[0] - 9/14
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 9/15
Virginia - 9/22

Whyyy? I'm just one man...

wait for a sale and use the money saved towards a new pc so you don't have to play on a potato laptop all the time :)

Jawmuncher

You will get it in a few weeks at the Playstation meeting. As an exclusive to PS4 and PS4 Neo.

Also new Red Dead game exclusive to consoles. PC release in 3 years :D

I don't really think there will be anything third party at the meeting. At least not anything that's a big deal.

It's gonna be showing the slim, showing the neo, and the changes it adds to some games.

Tizoc

That sounds like a good idea, but KT wouldn't care.

Finally piecing together my new PC. Took the MOSFET off and slapped on the monoblock along with the slick gskill RAM sticks.

Better to make some noise than non in this case man.

Whistlisted Planet Coasted. The game seems legit.

You will get it in a few weeks at the Playstation meeting. As an exclusive to PS4 and PS4 Neo.

Also new Red Dead game exclusive to consoles. PC release in 3 years :D

We already used to this. :p

----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, anyone remember that Attack on Titan is gonna be out today?

PS is a day and date release with consoles, right? No hype whatsoever, it seems.

Jawmuncher

Whistlisted Planet Coasted. The game seems legit.

We already used to this. :p

----------------------------------------------------

Anyway, anyone remember that Attack on Titan is gonna be out today?

PS is a day and date release with consoles, right? No hype whatsoever, it seems.

It's today? I thought it was next week. Might grab it on sale.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?

-----

Unrelated: New VR studio Squanchtendo launches

Squanchtendo seems like an unusual name for a virtual reality studio at first, but when you realize that the people behind it include Justin Roiland, creator of Rick And Morty, it starts to make sense. Squanchy is, of course, the sexually troubled, alcohol loving cat creature from Rick And Morty.

"I laughed so hard I cried the day I came up with that name," admits Roiland with a giggle.

He's teamed up with Tanya Watson, formerly of Epic, to build a studio together.

any idea on how the Mortal Kombat XL stuff will be handled?

just a patch with the new online netcode, balance changes and new characters included?...patch and DLC separate?...patch only?

Nabs

any idea on how the Mortal Kombat XL stuff will be handled?

just a patch with the new online netcode, balance changes and new characters included?...patch and DLC separate?...patch only?

We only know how it went down on console. Everyone got the balance update and netcode change as a free patch, then you were able to either pay $25 for all the DLC, or $20 for the new DLC (Characters, Skins).

I don't think there is a porting company that even touches them (QLOC).

True.

Adnor

Banned
Four Sided Fantasy - 8/30
Hue - 8/30
Turing Test - 8/30
Tahira - 8/31
The Warlock of Firetop Mountain - 8/31
RunGunJumpGun - 8/31
Redout - 9/2
Seasons After Fall - 9/2
Mother Russia Bleeds - 9/5
The Bunker
Rive - 9/13
Everspace - 9/14
Event[0] - 9/14
Divinity: Original Sin 2 - 9/15
Virginia - 9/22

Whyyy? I'm just one man...
DOS:2 (two two in spanish lol) will only be the first act for now so you can wait for the release version next year.

kevin1025

Banned
Still wish it was people vs Robots, but at least he explained why early on.

These aren't even bad for apparently not being final.

Having seen both Gears and Recore's (even if that's not super final) requirements, it makes me feel a little better about Forza Horizon 3. I started wondering if it'll be out of my league.

DOS:2 (two two in spanish lol) will only be the first act for now so you can wait for the release version next year.

Or see if the winter sale is worthwhile!

Adnor

Banned
Orrrr, you can obsessively play what is available to decide upon a build for the full release.

It is getting so close, too....
I already did that with D:OS so I'm sure I'll do it again.

The latest previews look so good. And I really hope they add the game master mode to the early access version later because I'm really, really curious to see how it'll work.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Dunno if Stallion's noticed this, but games I've removed still get into the suggested DLC section during sales for me. They also still showed up on sites like steamcompletionist, so. The stain will follow you forever.
I use Astats which will give you the option to remove a game from your achievements stats list if you no longer own it.

If QLOC and Nixxes make up 2/3rds of the PC Porting Triforce, who is the 3rd team?

While they are not a powerhouse like QLOC or Nixxes, I'd say Abstraction Games. Not only have they ported some indie darlings to consoles successfully, they've also been helping Spike Chunsoft transition to PC with their catalog (Danganronpa 1, 2, and Zero Time Dilemma).

MUnited83

For you.
While they are not a powerhouse like QLOC or Nixxes, I'd say Abstraction Games. Not only have they ported some indie darlings to consoles successfully, they've also been helping Spike Chunsoft transition to PC with their catalog (Danganronpa 1, 2, and Zero Time Dilemma).

Abstraction Games are awesome. Hotline Miami was ported to Playstation platforms by them, and then they ported the improvements they did back to the PC port. Better controls, new content, completely ported the game from one engine to another so it made it stop being a buggy mess that crashed all the time into a super stable game.

Nabs

MKXL is awesome. I played 10+ matches with no lag or performance issues, a first for an NRS game. I can't wait for it to be officially released so I can put some time into training mode.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
MKXL is awesome. I played 10+ matches with no lag or performance issues, a first for an NRS game. I can't wait for it to be officially released so I can put some time into training mode.

Did we get a confirmation if its a patch or will they sell a fixed version separately? Haven't kept well with the whole thing tbh

I already did that with D:OS so I'm sure I'll do it again.

The latest previews look so good. And I really hope they add the game master mode to the early access version later because I'm really, really curious to see how it'll work.

Yeah, that will be interesting. I'm curious if they'll go full Neverwinter Nights with it and let DMs essentially edit the game on the fly no matter the content, or if it will be more restricted a la Sword Coast Legends.

Now, given that Swen lamented SCL, at the very least it should be unlike that game. Which is a good thing, because all SCL ended up being was asymmetrical multiplayer ARPG with a twist, rather than the hand-tailored adventure for players that DM modes should be (particularly for D&D).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom