• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

oipic

Please forgive my ignorance, but how and why is Denuvo a bad thing? What are the side effects or impact of it these days? I've played a few titles sporting Denuvo, and I was blissfully unaware of it (or at least I think I was?).

Unai

Please forgive my ignorance, but how and why is Denuvo a bad thing? What are the side effects or impact of it these days? I've played a few titles sporting Denuvo, and I was blissfully unaware of it (or at least I think I was?).

It makes it difficult to use mods that mess with the game executable. Things likes unlock frame rate become much more difficult than it already is, for instance. A really, really bad thing for a game published by said japanese publisher.

And that's not even talking about preservation and wada wada.

Adnor

Banned
Mostly game preservation, once the Denuvo servers die in no matter how many years you will not be able to play those games without using a crack.

Edit: beaten.

oipic

It makes it difficult to use mods that mess with the game executable. Things likes unlock frame rate become much more difficult than it already is, for instance. A really, really bad thing for a game published by said japanese publisher.

And that's not even talking about preservation and wada wada.

Mostly game preservation, once the Denuvo servers die in no matter how many years you will not be able to play those games without using a crack.

OK, gotcha - thanks, guys. I wasn't aware that Denuvo was reliant on an online/server access requirement or 'phone home' characteristic, but yep, that is, as always, concerning.

The increased difficulty of complexity in regard to modding is indeed a bummer as well - I hadn't considered this at all, as I thought (ignorantly, perhaps) that Just Cause 3, for example, was for all intents and purposes as 'modable' as its predecessor.

Interesting, I'll do some more reading up on this. Thanks again.

Adnor

Banned
Yeah, that will be interesting. I'm curious if they'll go full Neverwinter Nights with it and let DMs essentially edit the game on the fly no matter the content, or if it will be more restricted a la Sword Coast Legends.

Now, given that Swen lamented SCL, at the very least it should be unlike that game. Which is a good thing, because all SCL ended up being was asymmetrical multiplayer ARPG with a twist, rather than the hand-tailored adventure for players that DM modes should be (particularly for D&D).
We should do some GAF sessions once it's implemented, it would be fun. Especially because my broken english could be part of my character :p

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
The mistake here is that Japan has yet to anthropomorphize DRM into a tsundere anime waifu.

Then you'd all be bleeding out of your noses which is a thing that totally happens when you finally choose a date from your harem.

The mistake here is that Japan has yet to anthropomorphize DRM into a tsundere anime waifu.

Then you'd all be bleeding out of your noses which is a thing that totally happens when you finally choose a date from your harem.

Please, it would not be a single waifu. There would be a whole nest of them.

GFWL could be a zombie waifu.

Uzzy

I'd choose you from the SteamGAF harem.

Idea Factory will take care of that.

Also out of all the titles, God Eater 2? Strange choice but sucks since it's going to have to be a great port.

Well, finished Mankind Divided. I know, I know, I was slacking.

I still barely finish the first main story quest. I'm still hanging around Prague stealing stuff and doing side quests.

Yep. I was actually really surprised they didn't use it on Dark Souls 3 tbh.

Yeah, that was kinda weird. Maybe they're kinda late in noticing Denuvo.

Considering that even a game like Fernbus Coach Simulator (https://support.codefusion.technology/fernbus/) has Denuvo...it wouldn't surprise me to see most PC games using it at this point.

From what I've read, there's actually several tier for Denuvo. From the cheaper and easier to break Denuvo, to the most advanced one.

Lomax

Given that publishers still have extremely paranoid and irrational viewpoints on PC piracy, it's not surprising they are still beating the DRM drum. Especially the Japanese publishers who always tended towards heavy handed DRM anyway.

Teggy

I'm not having any issues with DX except I can't run up stairs. Of all the the things that can go wrong with a game, I don't know how that wasn't caught.

Yeah man how have you guys even beaten Deus Ex? I've also only done the first main mission (lol) and looked at how pretty the game is. My shots are shit but I like the foliage here:
28612094914_b3b6ebf1d9_o.png

and the interiors:

Pretty game, even on High :)

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1255956.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HowardRoark, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Lethal League -- MB-FF5F6CBC62516607 - Taken by Cth. 11 entrants total.
Megabyte Punch -- MB-7C50D2633EA794E0 - Taken by fallout. 7 entrants total.

t1472266283z1.png

Good luck!

Uzzy

Yeah man how have you guys even beaten Deus Ex? I've also only done the first main mission (lol) and looked at how pretty the game is. My shots are shit but I like the foliage here:

I booked this week off. Not just to play Deus Ex, of course, but it's a nice coincidence.

Parsnip

Good news everyone, or at least everyone who uses Xbox One controllers on Windows 10.

They fucking finally fixed the driver situation it seems.
The Release Preview ring that gets cumulative updates earlier had an update today and every Unity game I have previously had issues now works. Similarly I'm no longer seeing dual inputs in some other applications and games that were affected before.
I'm installing FF 13-2 at the moment as a final test, since some of those menus were broken with one of the previous drivers.

Good news everyone, or at least everyone who uses Xbox One controllers on Windows 10.

The Release Preview ring that gets cumulative updates earlier had an update today and every Unity game I have previously had issues now works. Similarly I'm no longer seeing dual inputs in some other applications and games that were affected before.
I'm installing FF 13-2 at the moment as a final test, since some of those menus were broken with one of the previous drivers.

That sounds great, I had to uninstall my wireless adapter because of crashes, hopefully it fixes that too.

Corpekata

Banned

I dunno, there's probably something that fits that description in a Neptunia game.

me0wish

Can you please test FF8 and Among the sleep if you have them?
Thanks!

Nabs

decided to try MKXL

got juggled, quit, uninstalled

fuck i'm bad at fighters

I mean, you can't expect to be great at a fighter with no training mode. I would have recommended you try to find someone with a low play count. I ran into plenty who couldn't juggle anything.

iosefe

The big bad in FC3 above Vass is pretty sick. I don't know why people said he's a let down. I want this guy to go away forever.

Thirty geegs down the drain!
I regret nothing, except even toying with the idea of playing a fighting game that isn't soul caliber 3

Or Smash, even brawlhalla

I mean, you can't expect to be great at a fighter with no training mode. I would have recommended you try to find someone with a low play count. I ran into plenty who couldn't juggle anything.
My first match was against a 0/0 player

Parsnip

Can you please test FF8 and Among the sleep if you have them?
Thanks!
Don't own either of them, sorry.

But I tested FF13-2 which was broken before the Anniversary update, seems to work now. And Dragon's Dogma, which was broken after the Anniversary update. Seems to work now as well.

Seems like shit works now.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NingenJanai, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Cally's trials -- MB-EB41CC5294D0C9E8 - Taken by Knurek. 1 entrants total.

t1472187761z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom