• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anteater

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KF6oAqpjwc

the evil within spoiler, there are balls in this screenshot, you know the ones from the promotional art?

evilwithin_2016_08_03jraqr.jpg

shockdude

Three hours later, my laptop survived the anniversary update.
Had to readd some startup programs and do some audio fixes, but nbd. Things seem fine.

Time to enable Bash, whoo.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Is the Steam store fucked for anyone else after the Anniversary update ? Just doesn't seem to be loading up at all.

Eila

This was usd 2-3 in a bundle some months ago

Pretty sure it was $5 like other killer bundles.
Man, looking back the bundleconomy has crashed pretty bad in the past few months. It's like everyone decided to go back to valuing their games on steam at a premium.

Windows didn't nuke the partition, "classicshell” did. Fosshubb was hacked or something and the main download link for classicshell was something nasty, there's a thread about it over at classicshell forums.

Hah, well that certainly makes more sense.
Thanks for the heads up.

Phinor

Windows makes full backup in Windows.old folder so you can roll back if you want.

And as always, the rollback has a decent change of not working. Never count on it 100%.

Dreading the anniversary update already. The last big one fucked up half of my drivers among other things. This one seems to have caused a lot more trouble for others so I'm expecting my computer to partially melt down.

Backlogger

Is the Steam store fucked for anyone else after the Anniversary update ? Just doesn't seem to be loading up at all.

I have not updated Windows yet but I did get an update prompt for Steam late tonight that said it had fixes for Windows 10. Have you updated Steam?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is the quakecon sale "hidden"? weird that they didnt give it a banner as usual

Windows didn't nuke the partition, "classicshell” did. Fosshubb was hacked or something and the main download link for classicshell was something nasty, there's a thread about it over at classicshell forums.

Thanks again for letting me know.
Since it was just the MBR that got nuked, I could just overwrite the entire MBR using the full-disk image of Windows 10 that I had made back when I first installed it. Took 30 seconds to figure out, and I now have a working copy of Windows 10 again.

Salsa

ABZU is on Nuuvem for like $7.5 for latin america

went to buy it and I must be like a buck or two short on my card

guess I should charge it tomorrow? havent bought a game in months but it looks cool

JarrodL

Well, I mean I'm not sure if I should read them before doing Witcher 2-3 or AFTER. I know the Last Wish had a short story BEFORE the events of the Witcher 1
and then you basically repeat it's story with the whole of Chapter 5's main monster in a way
so I read that before starting this one. If there's stories that flesh out in Witcher 2 as supplements, I'll read those before starting that one. Not that I'm going to start it right after this. But just saying. :p
All books are before the events of the games (witcher 1 picks up soon after where the final book left off). And each game has a ton of references to the books, including the later ones. So yeah, I'd recommend reading them all first.

Knurek

God damn it, I updated yesterday from Fosshub.
Reading into the whole thing I lucked out and got the good file, but still, this did a number on my nerves.

//EDIT:
Supposed workaround for the DualShock4 Win10.1 issue:
There is a workaround to this, confirmed (by me) to work for Dark Souls III, Dragon's Dogma and GTA V. This has only been tested wired because I don't have a BT chip in my rig, but it should work wireless by choosing the correct device.
First you need to quit anything that could grab the device before DS4Windows, like Steam. On my rig it's only Steam, but I've heard that some other things may have to be closed as well.
Then, before starting DS4Windows, open the Device Manager. Note that if you have your DualShock connected, there will be one entry under "Human Interface Devices" called "HID-compliant game controller".
Once you start DS4Windows, this entry will be duplicated, you will now have two "HID-compliant game controller"-devices. Disable one of them by right-clicking and choosing from the menu. On my rig it's always the top one that should be disabled, but I don't know how Device Manager orders its devices so it might be the bottom one for you.
If you disable the incorrect entry, the controller will disappear from DS4Windows, so just re-enable it and disable the other one.
Anyone can confirm this works?

Ludens

Banned
Ludens problem is that he has to pay 4 Euro more for the dlc

Eh, pretty much, instead of rewarding with some kind of discount early buyers, they need to pay full price.

Anyway, is there a way to shut down the message on Win 10 "press win+g to take a screenshot"?

Corpekata

Banned
The Layers of Fear thing is likely a mistake where they just posted a discount to the game and didn't take into account the package. I highly doubt they want to be selling a brand new DLC for effectively a dollar.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Eh, pretty much, instead of rewarding with some kind of discount early buyers, they need to pay full price.

Anyway, is there a way to shut down the message on Win 10 "press win+g to take a screenshot"?

Disable Game DVR in the Xbox app's settings.

Ludens

Banned
Maybe search online for a registry hack?

I tried to use regedit since I remembered I turned that off with it the last time, but now there are no option to set to zero.

Reinstall, turn it off and then uninstall?

Yeah, it's what I did now, but for some strange reason Win10 didn't let me access options if not when I logged in with an old account I had. Very crappy, I think this is new, since I never used a Microsoft account on Win 10.

Even 30$ seems crazy for what you actually get...

Yeah, even considering the best DLC is a carbon copy of a free mod for Vegas...

Tizoc

So there is this ye olde atlus published title called cursed crusade
It goes on sale regularly on ps3 and is also on steam
I am milely curious about it so i plan on getting come the next sale :p

Is there something currently wrong with steam cloud saves?

I just finished an hour sessions with Doom, it was syncing the saves at first then it stopped and said ' sync needed'.

Tried restarting steam but still the same.

kagamin

So there is this ye olde atlus published title called cursed crusade
It goes on sale regularly on ps3 and is also on steam
I am milely curious about it so i plan on getting come the next sale :p

Its 75% off right now on Steam, but I've deduced that it might not be that great based on a combination of steam reviews and professional reviews, so try it if you really want to.

derExperte

About time, the end of leeching, the start of giving devs the money they deserve. The Indiepocalypse stops here.

Speaking of stopping, Telltale ate my Batman save.

kagamin

I was just going to make my sister a steam account too, well with any luck she won't be playing the newest games anyways... still sucks though.

fantomena

Came home from vacation a few hours ago. Just got my RAM and GPU delivered, now I just need my CPU cooler and my PC can finally be build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom