• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
ModBot said:
Instructions for Ludens:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Ludens, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery gift -- MB-2641C45BF96C5124 - Taken by Quarantine

Parsnip

Time to remove NMS from my wishlist I think. I'm glad I never bought into the hype but was fully planning to checking it out at like 15€, but at this point I think I'm over that too.

Also as an aside, does anyone else have an issue with Enhanced Steam on the wishlist page? I can't seem to remove anything from my wishlist if ES is enabled. The ES icon is always red on that page.
Code:
One or more requests failed:
    http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails/?appids=314660
For every item on my wishlist.

I don't know what exactly it's trying to fetch, I tried toggling any wishlist related settings to no effect.

I'm on Firefox with the new WebExtensions version.

Knurek

Is easyrpg any good these days? I remember trying it on android without a lot of success a while ago.

It's getting there, I think.
0.4.1 is advanced enough you can finish a lot of games using it.
(Pity there's nothing like that for XP/VX/ACE/MV. I'd kill for libretro shaders in those games).

Ozium

that ETS2 bundle is like 20 bucks and all I really want out of it is scandinavia dlc which is currently "on sale" for 15 dollars

bundlestars pls

Grief.exe

Is Night Dive still working on Power Slave?

Actually, I don't think this guy works for Night Dive, they just contract out to him for various projects. Seems that Power Slave is his personal project.

TR: About how far are you into the development process of Powerslave EX?
Kaiser: I would say its 90% done. Just need to tweak the menu system, implement movie playback and some renderer optimizations here and there. I’ve been making crazy progress.

Interview from over a year ago.

http://techraptor.net/content/interview-man-rebuilding-powerslave

TR: About how far are you into the development process of Powerslave EX?
Kaiser: I would say its 90% done. Just need to tweak the menu system, implement movie playback and some renderer optimizations here and there. I’ve been making crazy progress.

that ETS2 bundle is like 20 bucks and all I really want out of it is scandinavia dlc which is currently "on sale" for 15 dollars

bundlestars pls

There's a lot of fluff attached to that bundle attempting to drive up perceived value rather than actual value.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Also as an aside, does anyone else have an issue with Enhanced Steam on the wishlist page? I can't seem to remove anything from my wishlist if ES is enabled. The ES icon is always red on that page.
Code:
One or more requests failed:
    http://store.steampowered.com/api/appdetails/?appids=314660
For every item on my wishlist

Had this issue as well. Didn't check the debug logs, but if I press to remove stuff from my wishlist, it disappears but ultimately does not remove. Current version of Chrome.

gelf

Why do people keep watching potato masher videos? You're not going to be able to find a i5 750 and be able to stay under 350$ without buying crappy parts for the rest. And if you have to resort to buying used then how is it better than buying a console that's new hardware.
Some of us still have a potato thanks to not upgrading our systems for a while. So seeing vids of how games run on lower end systems is very useful.

YouTube vids are my best source for this especially as benchmark sites don't really cater for the low end.

Amzin

Some do. And sometimes people die as a result. Then they have to pay some fees and off they go. Not saying the NMS situation isn't bad, just that other companies have done very shady crap without too many consequences, Volkswagen is getting some heat but let's see how long that will last. Intel almost killing AMD in the 90s. The GTX 970 3.5GB, GAF's Nvidia 'friends' were defending that too.

Some companies definitely do shitty things, but I haven't seen anything directly analogous to what game devs do, or Hello Games. Footage of X feature being used, talk by CEO (or whatever) of X features and how they work, and the trailer for the game released a month before is from a previous build where there was stuff in it there isn't now. Movie trailers occasionally show a brief scene or a line of dialogue that gets cut, but nothing on this level. If a car company built up expectations around a new model and then it came out and they never mentioned all the things that didn't make it, even if the window tag only lists things accurately, they'd still be in a heap of trouble.

Of course, with massive markets and government scrutiny you occasionally get false positives that really hurt the companies too, like the Toyota acceleration "scandal"

So when a game dev does something bad, the only fallback is ever from the gamers themselves, and it took a long time for some blatant mistreatment to get the reaction it deserves. I really wish they'd take ownership of the situation and try and work with the community to restore some faith but that doesn't seem to be on the agenda at all. As it stands they won't get my money even if it hits $15-$20 range and gets a bunch of the missing stuff patched in. And while I'm only one person, there's at least 3 more I talked to that were interested in it that aren't now because of all of this. How many more times is that repeated throughout the world? How much are they shooting themselves in the wallet by not just being honest?

mp1990

Banned
This No Man's Sky situation is a mess... in the year of 2016, people are still trying to argument against the existence of refunds, I thought we were past this point already. Of course Valve's policies aren't perfect, and some developers are gonna get shafted by the 2 hour limit, but you gotta be blind to not see that, in the bigger picture, this is helping A LOT of consumers, and in the end it does more good than harm. Worst of all, people keep bringing up false equivalences between games and other services, trying to prove that refunds doesn't work anywhere else, even though video games are inherently different from all those, and is in no way comparable to, let's say, a restaurant, that's what makes my blood boil. People need to stop thinking that demanding their rights as consumers will make big companies shed tears, ffs.

Witcher 3 GOTY is going to get released tomorrow and still not found on Steam. Does that mean GOTY versions only show up on the exact day and not like the regular games which have pre-purchase pages?

JarrodL

Witcher 3 GOTY is going to get released tomorrow and still not found on Steam. Does that mean GOTY versions only show up on the exact day and not like the regular games which have pre-purchase pages?

Base game + both expansions and all minor DLC are already on Steam, GOTY edition doesn't have any additional new content besides that.

Base game + both expansions and all minor DLC are already on Steam, GOTY edition doesn't have any additional new content besides that.

Well Base game + both expansions already exist on other platforms too. GOTY Edition = Base game + both expansions at reasonable price.

venomenon

Paint it Back -40%.
The cheapest it has been on steam, I think.

Going to get it momentarily, it better not be in a bundle this week.
...bought it last week after having been on the fence for months...
Oh well, it was card money anyway and the game is well worth it.

Everybody with the slightest interest in nonograms should immediately get it.

Dragon: A Game About a Dragon is only 19 cents.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/351150/
Doesn't look too bad, actually. A bit slow perhaps.

Pixieking

Banned
Well Base game + both expansions already exist on other platforms too. GOTY Edition = Base game + both expansions at reasonable price.

Considering the content you get, £55 (for the base game plus Expansion Pass) seems a reasonable price. Sure, it's a kind-of-old game, but they're still bug-fixing and balancing it, so it's not like they've dropped support for it. It's worth the money, and it'll hit 50% off in the next large sale anwyays, so the lack of a GOTY version priced at £40-ish is no great loss.

Dominions 4 is on sale this week. It's probably one of the ugliest games on steam, but if you want to see just how far down the strategy rabbit-hole you're willing to go, Dominions 4 has you covered. FOUR HUNDRED PAGE manual. Plus, you can play as an immobile blood-spewing obelisk.

http://www.pcgamer.com/part-one-one-rocks-fight-to-become-top-deity/

Also, I love the bottom half of this article from the guy who wrote the manual that explains how crazy and interconnected things are in the game:

http://www.quartertothree.com/fp/2013/10/25/confessions-dominions-manual-writer/

Considering the content you get, £55 (for the base game plus Expansion Pass) seems a reasonable price. Sure, it's a kind-of-old game, but they're still bug-fixing and balancing it, so it's not like they've dropped support for it. It's worth the money, and it'll hit 50% off in the next large sale anwyays, so the lack of a GOTY version priced at £40-ish is no great loss.

Exactly especially when there are sales, only the base game gets discounted while the Season Pass or DLCs don't get cheaper. Now with GOTY edition we can expect a price cut for the whole package which will be a greater deal. Also GOTY saves aren't compatible with base game (on PS4 at least) which makes the GOTY a better deal in everything.

madjoki

Exactly especially when there are sales, only the base game gets discounted while the Season Pass or DLCs don't get cheaper. Now with GOTY edition we can expect a price cut for the whole package which will be a greater deal. Also GOTY saves aren't compatible with base game (on PS4 at least) which makes the GOTY a better deal in everything.

That's probably PS4 limitation. Both games share same savegames folder on Steam/PC = should be compatible.

https://steamdb.info/app/499450/ufs/
https://steamdb.info/app/292030/ufs/

dex3108

I pre-ordered it and South Park as soon as they went up. <3 Ubi <3

Hopefully I can kick my Diablo 3 addiction in time. It's all I've been playing lately, much to spin's chagrin. ;)

I am waiting to buy new GPU so I can go back and do small Ubisoft marathon that includes AC Syndicate DLCs and Watch_Dogs DLCs. I never played them XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom