• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Steam has had a glitched top sellers list for a while now. God Eater was number 1 all day in my region.

Is that so? That's a relief, I guess.

I'm gonna pick it up as soon as I'm finished with Deus Ex.

----------------------------------------------------------- 8<

Anyway, it seems that I was pretty much spot on.

BI7Bu5f.png

Nabs

$20, why not.

I really need to play it.
Is it something I would need a lot of precision on, like jumps and shit? Will I manage with Xbone dpad is what I'm actually asking.

I haven't played it in a while so I'm not sure. I can't even promise it supports the d-pad out the box.

People ignore Treasure Adventure Game? But it's free! :(

I think it got plenty of love outside of gaf, but it didn't catch on fire here like it should have.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
RE: Castle of Illusion being discontinued
(Buy it, it's a great game! I own it on two platforms thanks to the very generous CosmicQueso who got it for me on steam a couple years ago!)

Are there any other active Disney licenses that might be likely to be discontinued in the next month?

Lomax

RE: Castle of Illusion being discontinued
(Buy it, it's a great game! I own it on two platforms thanks to the very generous CosmicQueso who got it for me on steam a couple years ago!)

Are there any other active Disney licenses that might be likely to be discontinued in the next month?

Well Disney Infinity dies next month and if they are pulling the Sega license they could be pulling a bunch of stuff.

Compsiox

Banned
Is the Windows 10 Anniversary update still filled with issues?

My xbox controllers arent working and I'm wondering if I should upgrade.

Ascheroth

God Eater is missing from the top 10 sellers. /sadface

The game is just out, isn't? How is it?

Port is great. Runs butter-smooth at a downsampled 1440p at 60fps (will probably try 4k too).
Mouse/keyboard controls are very good. In fact, I'm actually going to play this with those instead of controller.
(Tip for those who are going to play it with mouse as well: In the Gameplay-Options turn on 'Gun-form Aim Mode', which gives you crosshair and default TPS aiming behaviour right away when switching to gun form, without it I think you have to press Q manually to switch to that mode and only shoot in the direction you're looking at otherwise.)

Will have to try out all the weapons to see which one I'm going with, but for now I'm going with the Scythe, because
for one.

Going to sleep now, will continue when I wake up.

Jawmuncher

Beat Beyond Good and Evil HD. While that's not the version on PC, I heard that port still holds up for the most part. Regardless was a pretty fun title. A bit of age shows with the camera during sneaking sections. But the game is never overly hard outside the last boss which just makes you stay on your toes. So it never becomes a drag.

Dunno what it goes for on steam, but I revommend it if you want something zelda-esque while being its own thing. I'm curious now if the rumors of 2 being NX exclusive are true. I personally feel like itll be a ZombiU style situation. When was he last time ubi did a AAA exclusive?

Anteater

recommend buying from humble (same price, and people are having some key redemption issues with indie gala)

crap saw your post after i bought it from indie gala, luckily key works tho

Beat Beyond Good and Evil HD. While that's not the version on PC, I heard that port still holds up for the most part. Regardless was a pretty fun title. A bit of age shows with the camera during sneaking sections. But the game is never overly hard outside the last boss which just makes you stay on your toes. So it never becomes a drag.

Dunno what it goes for on steam, but I revommend it if you want something zelda-esque while being its own thing. I'm curious now if the rumors of 2 being NX exclusive are true. I personally feel like itll be a ZombiU style situation. When was he last time ubi did a AAA exclusive?

camera was so annoying in those stealth sections in beyond good and evil

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Well Disney Infinity dies next month and if they are pulling the Sega license they could be pulling a bunch of stuff.
I'm still sad about this. It sucks that the stuff I paid for won't be playable anymore once the servers go down. I still haven't finished the Inside Out playset nor played the others.

I have it on PS3, but always forget about it. Maybe I should try it someday.

Tizoc

OK...GE2 isn't running at 60 FPS for me o_O Either I'm missing a day 1 patch or NVidia drivers are messing it up, because looking at the video options, they shouldn't be taxing my system or GPU so much.
Eh I'll worry about it after I finish Mankind Divided.

where in the world are you?

Middle east :p

mp1990

Banned

I believe the PC version had camera issue that was restricted to it, as I played it on the PS3 and had no troubles whatsoever. That's kind of a shame, really, because the game is really charming and more people should give it a try (it has a sleeper hit status nowadays, but it's still forgotten when people talk about good Zelda-clones). It had a lot of potential for improvement, so I'd like to see an sequel that capitalized on that, for any platform of choice
(preferably for the NX since I'm getting it >:3)
, but after all these years in development hell I hardly believe we'd get anything that would please the people who've been eagerly waiting.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
No the stuff will be playable still, on steam only apparently
Really? I've read that every PC version (even the Steam one) has a mandatory server check when launching the game, and if it fails it won't let you reach the main menu. Never tried launching the game without an internet connection, so I didn't verify if this was true or not. If you're right, then that's a relief, as it means I won't need to hurry through the game before the deadline.

Jawmuncher

Really? I've read that every PC version (even the Steam one) has a mandatory server check when launching the game, and if it fails it won't let you reach the main menu. Never tried launching the game without an internet connection, so I didn't verify if this was true or not. If you're right, then that's a relief, as it means I won't need to hurry through the game before the deadline.

The Steam versions of Disney Infinity 2.0 & 3.0 will remain operational with the exception of all online services and community features as these will be discontinued

Ozium

Other than DuckTales are there any other Disney licensees on Steam? Oh, I guess some Marvel stuff too.

all those Disney Princess games! and a lot of movie tie-in games

unless you meant specifically published by Sega? I think they only published Castle of Illusion

Lomax

No the stuff will be playable still, on steam only apparently

They can say that all they want, but the Steam version still does a online check to the main Disney servers (which is where all my stuff is anyway) and when that check fails, the game won't run (trust me I've tried). So it's pretty safe to assume that come September 30th the Steam version isn't going to work either. Maybe people who bought content exclusively on Steam will still be able to play, but those of us that used retail codes are almost certainly going to be sol.

Other than DuckTales are there any other Disney licensees on Steam? Oh, I guess some Marvel stuff too.

Lego stuff maybe. Are any of the Genesis classics Disney games? I assume the self-published stuff will be fine but considering how they just bailed on Infinity it wouldn't surprise me to see that stuff disappear honestly, especially if they want to get completely out of the video game publishing business (which is what they said).

Jawmuncher

They can say that all they want, but the Steam version still does a online check to the main Disney servers (which is where all my stuff is anyway) and when that check fails, the game won't run (trust me I've tried). So it's pretty safe to assume that come September 30th the Steam version isn't going to work either. Maybe people who bought content exclusively on Steam will still be able to play, but those of us that used retail codes are almost certainly going to be sol.

That might end up being the case, guess we'll just have to wait and see.

WhiteWolf

Killer is Dead is on sale for $5. I have been a big fan of past SUDA 51 games, I will probably give it a shot. Has anyone here played it before?

When is the next big Steam sale? October for Halloween? I ended up missing out on Dragon's Dogma due to budget. I am dying to replay that masterpiece, but I just can't justify paying full price for it a third time.

Soulflarz

Banned
Killer is Dead is on sale for $5. I have been a big fan of past SUDA 51 games, I will probably give it a shot. Has anyone here played it before?

When is the next big Steam sale? October for Halloween? I ended up missing out on Dragon's Dogma due to budget. I am dying to replay that masterpiece, but I just can't justify paying full price for it a third time.

KiD has nothing on NMH/Killer7 sadly. It's...okay.

Jawmuncher

For $5 bucks it's worth it. It's a pretty fun game and you don't have to do those gigolo missions outside of like one of them if I recall if you just wanna beat the game. I personally don't think it's as good as NMH one. Since it lacks in the story department, but the gameplay is good and it does have a lot of style going for it regardless.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

Gameplay wise is probably the most polished Grasshopper game and the story is interesting even if sometimes becomes hard to follow. Thankfully after you finish the game you get some archives that help you understand more what is going on. I really enjoyed it

Game flows and looks fucking rad.

WhiteWolf

KiD has nothing on NMH/Killer7 sadly. It's...okay.

For $5 bucks it's worth it. It's a pretty fun game and you don't have to do those gigolo missions outside of like one of them if I recall if you just wanna beat the game. I personally don't think it's as good as NMH one. Since it lacks in the story department, but the gameplay is good and it does have a lot of style going for it regardless.

Gameplay wise is probably the most polished Grasshopper game and the story is interesting even if sometimes becomes hard to follow. Thankfully after you finish the game you get some archives that help you understand more what is going on. I really enjoyed it

Game flows and looks fucking rad.
Thanks for the responses, looks like it's worth checking out for that price. Colors and violence both look awesome. Do you still have to edit the .ini file to get the game to run at 60fps or did they patch that?

Can I setup Rivatuner to run at Windows startup but not with the MSI Afterburner?

I only need Rivatuner to cap my framerates. MSI disables Steam overlay so it's out.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Thanks for the responses, looks like it's worth checking out for that price. Colors and violence both look awesome. Do you still have to edit the .ini file to get the game to run at 60fps or did they patch that?

Still have to do the ini edit and make sure to not use it on the geisha side mission since that will crash the game. After that side mission you can run everything else at 60s without issues IIRC.

Its an easy edit by the way so dont feel overwhelmed by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom