• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Those are gone come sometime in 2017. Its pretty clear that Marvel has no interest in working with Activision again.

They may even disappear sooner if Acti decides to voluntarily ditch its Marvel licence.

Edit:
Sony is backing these so no worries.

That doesn't really mean anything. They're ultimately self-published and obviously Double Fine doesn't own the IPs, which technically makes them licensed games. This doesn't necessarily mean there's an expiration date, but I would err on the side of caution and assume there is one.

Corpekata

Banned
Why would you think the Marvel games are going? They quite literally just put them back this year AFTER the license expired, and so Marvel and Activision's contract has clearly been reworked / extended. If Disney had no interest, it makes no sense to get backinto bed with them.

Also the games based on movies like Amazing Spider-man are not up for Disney to decide, it's an agreement between Sony and Activision (hence why when all the other stuff got pulled, only they remained). So as long as Sony has their foothold on the movies, those games will be fine.

JaseC

Why would you think the Marvel games are going? They quite literally just put them back this year AFTER the license expired, and so Marvel and Activision's contract has clearly been reworked / extended.

I'm not convinced they'll be axed (note the "may"), just making the point that it's a distinct possibility. Acti has a history of voluntarily ditching licences if it feels a partial refund would be more lucrative than letting the licensing period run its course.

Also the games based on movies like Amazing Spider-man are not up for Disney to decide, it's an agreement between Sony and Activision (hence why when all the other stuff got pulled, only they remained). So as long as Sony has their foothold on the movies, those games will be fine.

I'm aware of that. ;)

Corpekata

Banned
I'm not convinced they'll be axed (note the "may"), just making the point that it's a distinct possibility. Acti has a history of voluntarily ditching licences if it feels a partial refund would be more lucrative than letting the licensing period run its course.

I'm aware of that.

I wasn't responding to you as much as the other poster too / joining the general conversation without having to quote multiple people. Baron is the one that listed the ASM games.

Adnor

Banned
You should not ever be fighting anything more than 1 level higher than you in Divinity. Each gate outside of town had different leveled enemies, so yes, you weren't supposed to fight enemies 4 levels higher than you. IIRC the west had two exits for lower levels, north mid, and east for high.

The "right" way is essentially just toward the enemies your level. Sort of like how in Dark Souls people figure out not to go to the graveyard / catacombs / New Londo at the start by encountering enemies that clearly outclass them, though you can chance them somewhat for some early rewards.

Besides each gate there were guards that told you if you were leveled up enough to fight the mobs close to that gate too.

And yeah, as SatelliteOfLove said, your job is to investigate a murder first, not fight outside town.

Steal all the paintings because those are worth a lot

JaseC

I wasn't responding to you as much as the other poster too / joining the general conversation without having to quote multiple people. Baron is the one that listed the ASM games.

Ah, right. That's what the quote feature is for! ;)

PaulSane

So, my initial thoughts on God Eater Resurrection after 2 hours - the port is really good, multiplayer seems to work fine (although i tried like 10 minutes of it so far), runs at stable 60fps\1080p. Game also controls well with both controller and mouse+KB.

I can't really say much about the gameplay itself, since all the missions i've done so far were pretty easy, and i'm still not used to the battle system at all - need more time with the game to form an opinion :) First impressions though are very good, everything feels fluid, and i start to see the appeal of this kind of games.

Phawx

finally caught up on this thread. Work has been consuming all of my cycles. Anyhoo, kind-of surprised Stump didn't buy Obduction but I was very happy that he did win knowing he is a Myst fan.

WinterDemons, you do good work.

Pixieking

Banned
(Cross-posting from the Castle of Illusion thread on gaming-side)

Indiegala buyers!

About an hour after I bought it on Indiegala, and emailed them about the incomplete key, they've corrected the error. People might want to check their Profile pages. :)

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
finally caught up on this thread. Work has been consuming all of my cycles. Anyhoo, kind-of surprised Stump didn't buy Obduction but I was very happy that he did win knowing he is a Myst fan.

My video card didn't meet the recommended spec so I was going to hold off for either an upgrade or a few patches to ensure performance was good -- however, the chance to win it for free was too tempting. I'm please to say that at 1080p, with everything on high except medium AA, I get 50-55fps everywhere (at least in the first 2:30)

Anteater

oooo didn't notice kingdom of amalur is on sale, i should get it to continue my playthrough i started from the origin demo

are the dlcs worth getting?

edit: bought the collection, and laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame i forgot to choose using my steam wallet, charged me paypal instead, oh well!

dex3108

For all sh*t that Ubisoft gets for PC ports i must say that they are only big publisher who properly supports DualShock 4 in their games. Even Witcher 3 got proper supports months and months after release.

JaseC

oooo didn't notice kingdom of amalur is on sale, i should get it to continue my playthrough i started from the origin demo

are the dlcs worth getting?

The two mini-campaigns each add a few to several hours, depending on how thorough you are, but the weapon/armour pack is worthless.

Ludens

Banned
My video card didn't meet the recommended spec so I was going to hold off for either an upgrade or a few patches to ensure performance was good -- however, the chance to win it for free was too tempting. I'm please to say that at 1080p, with everything on high except medium AA, I get 50-55fps everywhere (at least in the first 2:30)

Stump did you see my PM?

Ludens

Banned
tumblr_nvnmf01Nfg1rm8k4oo3_500.gif

I'm only missing cloaked silence and a few skins. Hopefully they give good upgrade path for pc version.

I hope it's free for owners of the full bundle. Anyway you should miss more stuff, because some of those items were exclusive for console release.

Tizoc

Ah so God Eater 1 and 2 default to my Intel HD GFX instead of my NVidia card, I set it up so that it uses NVidia and now it runs at 60 FPS :D
LET THE GOD EATING BEGIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIN!
As soon as Mankind Divided is finished ToT

Killer is Dead is on sale for $5. I have been a big fan of past SUDA 51 games, I will probably give it a shot. Has anyone here played it before?

When is the next big Steam sale? October for Halloween? I ended up missing out on Dragon's Dogma due to budget. I am dying to replay that masterpiece, but I just can't justify paying full price for it a third time.

It has a simple combat system and overall I really liked it.
Keep in mind that you need to fiddle a bit with the .ini file to have it run at 60 FPS properly, you can find more info on that in the Steam Community page as well as PCGamingwiki.
Note that you can also disable the HUD!

Hopefully I can kick my Diablo 3 addiction in time. It's all I've been playing lately, much to spin's chagrin. ;)

Come on that's not how it is :p

I've played Diablo 3 for hundreds of hours. I know it's pull. I'm just saying I wish you'd start Deus Ex as well because that game is bloody fantastic.

That said, I've stopped playing the game right now because I'm afraid of running into a game breaking bug near the end :\

While I wait for Deus Ex initial load to complete, I can either:

- Take a quick shower
- Cook a dinner like fried rice for two
- Play FF Brave Exvius until the energy depletes
- Watch several anime trailers that I highly doubt will ever watch
- Read every thread on the first page of GAF gaming side

Corpekata

Banned
God Eater sure isn't making it very easy to learn weapons and various systems when all these intro missions are just a bunch of weak ass mooks that could be killed by sneezing in their direction.

While I wait for Deus Ex initial load to complete, I can either:

- Take a quick shower
- Cook a dinner like fried rice for two
- Play FF Brave Exvius until the energy depletes
- Watch several anime trailers that I highly doubt will ever watch
- Read every thread on the first page of GAF gaming side
Or order an SSD, it really is a life changing upgrade.

dex3108

It looks like that Mafia 3 could use Denuvo too

TECHNICAL PROTECTIONS: The Software may include measures to control access to the Software, control access to certain features or content, prevent unauthorized copies, or otherwise attempt to prevent anyone from exceeding the limited rights and licenses granted under this Agreement. Such measures may include incorporating license management, product activation, and other security technology in the Software and monitoring usage, including, but not limited to, time, date, access, or other controls, counters, serial numbers, and/or other security devices designed to prevent the unauthorized access, use, and copying of the Software, or any portions or components thereof, including any violations of this Agreement. Licensor reserves the right to monitor use of the Software at any time. You may not interfere with such access control measures or attempt to disable or circumvent such security features, and if you do, the Software may not function properly. If the Software permits access to Special Features, only one copy of the Software may access those Special Features at one time. Additional terms and registration may be required to access online services and to download Software updates and patches. Only Software subject to a valid license can be used to access online services, including downloading updates and patches. Except as otherwise prohibited by applicable law, Licensor may limit, suspend, or terminate the license granted hereunder and access to the Software, including, but not limited to, any related services and products, at any time without notice for any reason whatsoever.

http://store.steampowered.com//eula/360430_eula_0

Also i started Mafia 2, started Chapter 9, went to the car, started driving and then game just closed and steam window popped up that says completing installation and it is stuck at 2% :/

PaulSane

God Eater sure isn't making it very easy to learn weapons and various systems when all these intro missions are just a bunch of weak ass mooks that could be killed by sneezing in their direction.

You are just fighting small aragami for now - you get to fight medium sized ones very soon, and that's where you can and should use all of your arsenal :)

Also, after getting used to battle system a bit and after several more hours of co-op, i just can't recommend it enough - it's sooo good. Another good thing is that even in co-op, you and other players can progress the story and watch all the cutscenes without any problems, so this game basically has a co-op campaign - if you do story missions with another players and not AI characters that are supposed to accompany you, you get them only in cutscenes, and in battle you have other player characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom