• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
Win 10 updated killed the home button of my XBox One controller, it does nothing when pushed but if I try it on a PC without the update, it works.

Backlogger

Time to make some coffee and settle in.

I may need some of that. Been awake since 4:30am and can't sleep despite being tired and somewhat sick.

Now I gotta decide between playing video games and working all day to catch up on stuff.

Maybe I'll do a little of both.

Nzyme32

I completed one long ass mission in Mafia 1 yesterday. PROGRESS. Hurray!

I love Mafia 1. The big downside to it is the heavy amount of driving. I think it is thoroughly worth sticking with it through to the end. Even today it is still a great game.

Mafia 2 improves on those issues but maintains a fairly linear direction despite having a big city that you are "open" to explore but not really do much. Some people hate that, but I don't care. The game puts a focus on the characters and story over everything and it does a good job.

Mafia 3 looks to be more action oriented but also seems to be attempting the sender strong story and chargers while expanding on the linearity of 2. I hope it has a good balance while maintaining the essence of 1 and 2. If it can do that, it should be incredible

I love Mafia 1. The big downside to it is the heavy amount of driving. I think it is thoroughly worth sticking with it through to the end. Even today it is still a great game.

Mafia 2 improves on those issues but maintains a fairly linear direction despite having a big city that you are "open" to explore but not really do much. Some people hate that, but I don't care. The game puts a focus on the characters and story over everything and it does a good job.

Mafia 3 looks to be more action oriented but also seems to be attempting the sender strong story and chargers while expanding on the linearity of 2. I hope it has a good balance while maintaining the essence of 1 and 2. If it can do that, it should be incredible

I've only played Mafia 2, which I really liked, but I'm surprised to hear there was even more driving in 1. I felt like there was a lot of driving in 2, it wasn't a detriment though, they sued it well to have conversations and set tone in some cases.

rtcn63

REV2

Natalia: The monsters mostly come out at night. Mostly.

Barry: *backs away slowly*

I question her ability to lift metal crates/batteries and turn rusty as fuck valves. Or maybe I need to hit the gym.

The game expects you to main as Moira/Natalia. They can survive what would normally be killing blows to Claire/Barry; they auto-heal like if they were in a modern FPS; and they can scan the area for items that the their counterparts can't "see". There's even a skill that allows Claire/Barry to attack while being controlled by the AI- the damage done is low but they don't use up ammo. The AI is kinda shit though so you really want to be in control of them during heavier combat situations.

I'm in the final episode, and I can safely say that REV2 and TEW are better RE games than RE6. The only thing the latter does right is the melee.

Cth

EDIT: Nevermind, found it.

EDIT 2: Maybe not, codes are all gone? If anyone has a spare Superfight code I'd appreciate it :)

Endruen

So, Superfight needs a microphone to play. They should have implemented a way to play the game without using a microphone, IMO. I hope everyone will be able to understand me, and the other way around.

Kudo

Is there some site that shows when a game was in sale and what's the lowest price it has been?
Thinking of Fairy Bloom Freesia in particular, kinda interested in getting it for myself and few friends.

ArjanN

REV2

Natalia: The monsters mostly come out at night. Mostly.

Barry: *backs away slowly*

I question her ability to lift metal crates/batteries and turn rusty as fuck valves. Or maybe I need to hit the gym.

The game expects you to main as Moira/Natalia. They can survive what would normally be killing blows to Claire/Barry; they auto-heal like if they were in a modern FPS; and they can scan the area for items that the their counterparts can't "see". There's even a skill that allows Claire/Barry to attack while being controlled by the AI- the damage done is low but they don't use up ammo. The AI is kinda shit though so you really want to be in control of them during heavier combat situations.

I'm in the final episode, and I can safely say that REV2 and TEW are better RE games than RE6. The only thing the latter does right is the melee.

Make sure you get the good ending.

Pachimari

I don't mind the tons of driving honestly. I find the game to be a classic, and I intend on completing it soon. :)

Lomax

Funny, I just got the email from Skybound that they are giving away the Superfight keys this month (which are long gone of course). These companies really do need to learn to restrict giveaways like that to previously existing accounts.

rtcn63

Make sure you get the good ending.

Just played through ABZU in a single sitting, and it was a pretty neat experience. Great visuals and sounds, of course, as well as a lot of well crafted moments. However, the narrative was not very compelling, insofar that there was one, and the controls did not work well on a Steam Controller, since the game offered no options to tweak in-game.

Hopefully we'll be seeing more games like this on Steam.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Saints Row 3 does not start anymore. No error.

Is this because of the anniversary update? How do I play?

It's the same for me, but I haven't gotten the Anniversary update yet. Some googling lead to this, but I haven't tried it yet:

1) Go to SteamApps\common and rename "Saints Row IV" to "_Saints Row IV"
2) Open Steam and uninstall Saints Row IV, this deletes all registry entries and other things
3) Rename "_Saints Row IV" to "Saints Row IV"
4) Install the game from Steam
5) Steam will detect already existing files on hard drive and won't download anything
6) Click Play and Steam will install the game again
7) Saints Row IV is working again!

I'm verifying my files now and it's redownloading 13mb of something. If that doesn't do the trick, I'll try the above.

Edit: Verifying did the trick for me.

basically just been playing Witcher 3 only the past week or so (with a little bit of Slain 2.0)...and I still think I've barely gotten into it...just lots of stuff to do

will have to pick up the Expansion Pass soon (on GOG)

Hektor

How do i remove Dead Rising 3 from my wishlist?

I put it on it, a long long time ago, when the URL-trick with browsing different storefronts was still working, but haven't been able to remove it since. Whenever i try to remove it, it's just coming back next time i look at my wishlist. I guess it got to do with the storepage not being available in germany.

It's annoying for someone like me who uses that feature a lot.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey-like -- MB-E7101E42F843B9C5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 20 entrants total.

t1470516624z1.png

How do i remove Dead Rising 3 from my wishlist?

I put it on it, a long long time ago, when the URL-trick with browsing different storefronts was still working, but haven't been able to remove it since. Whenever i try to remove it, it's just coming back next time i look at my wishlist. I guess it got to do with the storepage not being available in germany.

It's annoying for someone like me who uses that feature a lot.
Changing the Wishlist like that doesn't work on Firefox like you described. When doing through Client it works, for me at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom