• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Superfight #3 -- MB-4F0301ED279C99E5 - Taken by Lomax
Superfight #2 -- MB-D175617FD633503D - Taken by GaussTek
Superfight -- MB-24177A0F69B3A1F9 - Taken by Rockin' Ranger
Superfight #4 -- MB-6139764BF7FC9399 - Taken by WinterDemons

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Superfight -- MB-DFEC116DDCB12940 - Taken by neonglow

Backlogger

So I tried to gave this game to my brother and he already had it. This key should work, but if it doesn't I apologize in advance:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

NIHILUMBRA -- MB-D91A849B5D7B731D - Taken by Mikurden

Shade

If you get the last tier, do you get the studio pack PLUS all the keys for the other tiers? Or do you just get the studio pack since it gives you everything? Anyone know?

A late reply

When I bought the bundle in May, it gave all the tiers plus the Studio pack, separate keys.

Ozium

ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Superfight #3 -- MB-8EB0EC091B35D4D8 - Taken by drakaenae
Superfight #2 -- MB-2A84CFEC81A45AB3 - Taken by texhnolyze
Superfight -- MB-6522A6C3ED084732 - Taken by PaulSane

FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK

oops caps

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Game #2 -- MB-6E47B5071BD0CF51 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-3B2D74E6C9C01406 - Taken by Abomination
Superfight -- MB-99B965D81F54116B - Taken by redlacs
Super fight -- MB-F9E3000AA78F942A - Taken by Lain

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (HP_Wuvcraft, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

mystery game #1 holy shit is it SUPERFIGHT? -- MB-8E80EC45BAAF7B68 - Taken by Hakkelus
mystery game #2 jesus fuck i hope it's SUPEFIGHT! Or a SUPERMODEL! -- MB-FA4FA5794F9BB778 - Taken by ramoisdead

Lain

Looks like I missed out on backing Prey for the Gods because of sleep and playing WoW. I wonder if they'll run a slacker backer.

Wok

The denuvo has been cracked on Doom already.

If true, I wonder how that will effect the release of future Denuvo games. Either the DRM is still strong enough to keep the game away from pirates for the first few months, and it is all good, or we get even stronger DRM.

Edit: From what I read on Reddit, the pirates are exploiting a vulnerability in Steam, not in Denuvo... So it might just be on Valve's hands now to fix that vulnerability.

SEAN just confirmed August 12th worldwide release for PC NMS, adding 21:9 support right now..

pc8ks5d.png

best version fam

I will get to read some reviews... and watch some Dota2 games of The International then.

Won a key but I already have it so anyone that wants it, check the email tag. For the rest, just taking out the trash.

ModBot said:
Instructions for ramoisdead:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Gentleman! -- MB-3FFB59FCDE082EE3 - Taken by Mikurden
Vanguard Princess -- MB-C46056826B644206 - Taken by sixteen-bit
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros. -- MB-0C75967B751BD6EC - Taken by Jalal
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-8A5B02FDE9BB9591 - Taken by OmarYusaf
Gun Monkeys -- MB-FA2E8C3D3338D0A9 - Taken by voodooray

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sounds like a plan, Friday releases are better and we get an objectively better game out of the wait.

Well, hopefully. The game hasn't been touched in 10 days and there was a flurry of recent activity beforehand, so for the moment it would seem the PC version is being sat on.

Damn, missed all the Superfights. :( Signed up for an account straight away and the conformation came 8 hours later when there were no more codes. - Thanks Nightstorm!

ModBot said:
Instructions for bobnowhere:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing Final Cut -- MB-AAD22EA7BB119476 - Taken by PaulSane. 15 entrants total.

t1470482358z1.png

More Superfight.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Superfight #3 -- MB-602583DC7E9D962B - Taken by Spirited
Superfight #2 -- MB-2764CFC17816B221 - Taken by deejay
Superfight -- MB-541BF884FA9CADEF - Taken by Snakethesniper
Superfight #4 -- MB-9B642C065128A044 - Taken by TheMadMan007

Parsnip

Fucking amazing - saw the Broken Age documentary stuff getting altered on Steam, and realised I never received the Documentary backers bluray I was supposed to get, so I emailed them, thinking they sent it to the wrong address since it must have been done in 2014

NOPE, still not finished - everyone is still waiting to receive them. Hahaha. Despite that though, Broken Age was worth backing. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
Remastering the video takes a long time. :p
They showed some of the bluray menus and stuff in the episode zero of Double Fine Action Show.

yZtoZ7S.png

I also wanted it to be 10th.
They changed the text not too long ago.
Previously it said that PC was day and date in US and EU, and 12th for the rest of the world.

Your goal, if you bother to accept it, is to save the heroic white cube by making the evil red cubes fall to there deaths by poking at the grey cubes. Grey cubes are neutral and have no alliance to anyone, their job is to die in the service of the glorious white cubes.

Make the white cube fall to the floor. eliminate the red ones and then in later levels use cubes of other colours to go after those nasty reds. Yellow ones bounce, other yellow ones shoot sideways blue ones grow larger and green ones do something, what it was was unclear, they mostly got in the way. Write in if you knew what they did.

A very decent game for the price, free almost everywhere, took about an hour at most but with one drawback: you can't save your progress. A bafflingly stupid descision, it's not a rogue-like people, but going back to the main menu or quitting the game resets your progress. Dumb.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Anyone have a spare SOMA code? I'll buy one for $4. I'm always wary of the Humble Monthly. Last month's bundle was awful.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
There is one for 5$ in BST. Then 6 and 7 after that.
I don't see the $5. For $6, I'll gamble on the monthly. It is gambling, right? It gives me the same rush as powerball ;)

Tenrius

Started Deadly Premonition (on PS3 because the Steam port is bad). The prologue is pretty boring and I guess not representative of the real meat of the game. However, the dialogue was seriously fun and I'm super excited to play more.

Ludens

Banned
Started Deadly Premonition (on PS3 because the Steam port is bad). The prologue is pretty boring and I guess not representative of the real meat of the game. However, the dialogue was seriously fun and I'm super excited to play more.

Yeah, please don't be tricked by the prologue. I played that, put the game on the shelf with the intention of never playing it. Like six months after, since I had no games, I decided to continue and man, the game was amazing, A really unique experience, even if fighting sections are very bland and stupid, graphics kinda bad and some sound effects awful (like the car's acceleration).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom