• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my, that worked indeed. Now i feel stupid for not trying that ealier. Thanks!
Yeah, don't be. Took me a while as well. Using the Steam app also works. No clue why Steam has issues with Firefox, and it's not the only thing even. Inviting people to groups doesn't work as well on Firefox. A bit weird to see support for one of the most widely used browser apparently not being too much of an interest.

Sch1sm

Not bad for $43 :3
1toGmfa.png

I +1 this purchase for TEW.

Ludens

Banned
Suikoden 2 is really much, much better than Suikoden 1. Characters are well written and funny, gameplay is fast, graphics are much better. And Luca is a great character, like he kills men, woman, children, without giving a crap, he just wants to see the world burn.

I wish TEW's pc port wasn't such a trainwreck then I wouldn't feel disconnected whenever I try to play it

Seriously Tango, no fullscreen?!

rtcn63

I wish TEW's pc port wasn't such a trainwreck then I wouldn't feel disconnected whenever I try to play it

Seriously Tango, no fullscreen?!

What do you mean by fullscreen? If you mean the black bars, you can remove them. Not sure about legit 21:9 support though.

zkylon

zkylewd
i feel like i've reached a point in darkest dungeon in which i should start being real serious about it and idk if i have the commitment for it. things were going unnaturally smoothly so of course i should've been suspicious, but i'm at a situation in which missions are probably too hard for me to tackle and i kind of don't wanna get all these people i spent so much time leveling killed

so when faced with that impasse, i figured i'd try to go back to the two games i dropped for it, va11-hall-a and/or way of the samurai 3.

way of the samurai 3 i've googled around and read that it can be finished in like half an hour which sounds really promising to me since i can just skip a couple fights now knowing it's really quick to get back to the same spot later on. haven't played any of it yet tho

va11-hall-a tho, i put on a few more hours and man that game is cool. i kind of had forgotten it was divvied up in chapters and i got real scared when it did the whole fade to black thing cos i thought it was just gonna end like that but man i love the writing in it

also i feel like that's the format you get me engaged in a vn, you put that tiny bit of gameplay and customization in it and ofc you make the writing really compelling

i wish the dana profile background wasn't centered tho, i feel like that's gonna be a waste of money lol

alright these fucking spiders are creeping me out

i thought zkylon played this game

I mean in Metro

i played metro 2033, not 2034

obviously

Mikurden

So, Superfight needs a microphone to play. They should have implemented a way to play the game without using a microphone, IMO. I hope everyone will be able to understand me, and the other way around.
Apparently you can plug headphones/earbuds into the mic jack and talk into them.

Does anyone use a wireless mouse for gaming? If so, could you recommend me one, I'm in a situations were my wired mouse is kind of a pain in the ass, not too worried about the additional latency or anything like.

mp1990

Banned
va11-hall-a tho, i put on a few more hours and man that game is cool. i kind of had forgotten it was divvied up in chapters and i got real scared when it did the whole fade to black thing cos i thought it was just gonna end like that but man i love the writing in it

also i feel like that's the format you get me engaged in a vn, you put that tiny bit of gameplay and customization in it and ofc you make the writing really compelling

i wish the dana profile background wasn't centered tho, i feel like that's gonna be a waste of money lol

I wondered myself why you had dropped it, seemed like something you'd love :p

I've had my share of lite VNs before (Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, etc), but I can't remember the last time I had such an obsession for a game in the genre, the characters are so interesting and well written I just keep coming back for more.

fantomena

Fuck. The Windows 10/Xbox in-game overlway, the green window that pops up in some games about game central, is fucking up Beyond Earth. Every time I press "Single Player" in the menu it comes and make the entire game freeze.

Nabs

Fuck. The Windows 10/Xbox in-game overlway, the green window that pops up in some games about game central, is fucking up Beyond Earth. Every time I press "Single Player" in the menu it comes and make the entire game freeze.

Turn off all that shit.

fantomena

you can turn it off in the Xbox app. You just need to go into settings to do it.

But I can't even fucking log in to the app. Nothing happens when I press sign in, or the help button, or any of the buttons above.

5VRIe6k.png

Can't I reinstall it?

If I have to do a clean install...gdfgfdgdsffsdfgdfg

zkylon

zkylewd
whatever all i see are nothing disgusting spiderwebs

look at that shit
i have issues with spiders, not spiderwebs

i find spiderwebs unsettling but only cos where webs are spiders tend to follow

I wondered myself why you had dropped it, seemed like something you'd love :p

I've had my share of lite VNs before (Ace Attorney, Danganronpa, etc), but I can't remember the last time I had such an obsession for a game in the genre, the characters are so interesting and well written I just kept coming back for mote.
i really love most about it, i think the writing's really good, i love the concept feeling kind of obvious but also really fresh, i love its version of a cyberpunk future in which cat ears are some sort of medicine and people openly discuss being assassins for corporations, i love the big ass pixelart portraits but then the chibi looking jill apartment, i love both the noir melancholy bar music and the more upbeat tunes, i even love it when i realize i know some of these drinks by memory. i really like the little interaction they provide you, just browsing the blog and forum thingies and customizing ur apartment is enough to let me pause between all that reading and just do stuff at my own pace from my own volition

and i think confidence is one of the parts of a game i value the most and valhalla just fucking has confidence in spades

only thing i'm not super into is jill herself, i personally don't find the character too relatable even if she's kind of supposed to be? that feels more like a personal thing than an issue with the game, i just find jill to be kind of a generic down-on-herself type while i find myself a lot more aligned with dana who's like a freaking badass

yeah it's a cool game

KainXVIII

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey-like -- MB-E7101E42F843B9C5 - Taken by KainXVIII. 20 entrants total.

t1470516624z1.png

So much Abzu
it was Journey To The Center Of The Earth lol

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Rockin' Ranger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Journey-like -- MB-B7D397AB05C8DD64 - Taken by Diedac. 33 entrants total.

t1470531025z1.png

I didn't do the other ones, this time it really is ABZ.

Ibuki

Banned
I'm downloading all the Batman Rocksteady games for a marathon.

I've played a bit of each one before, but never full proper play-throughs.

Have I made a huge mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom