• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I'm downloading all the Batman Rocksteady games for a marathon.

I've played a bit of each one before, but never full proper play-throughs.

Have I made a huge mistake?

No, it's my favorite game series at this point in my life, very narrowly beating out Dark Souls and Half-Life.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup

If you're planning to play all in a row, it might be. They could get a bit stale after a while. I'd play them with breaks in between.

I'm in the minority, but I still think Asylum was the best, even though later entries improved the combat. I like the metroidvania-lite style of Asylum more and prefer it over the open world nature of later games.

The Fall Episode 2 almost has a release date.

The Arkham Trilogy is mostly good. Arkham Asylum is fantastic, and City is moar of that; alas Arkham Knightmare is a mess, both technically and mechanically.

Just avoid Origins. If not for Arkham Knightmare's launch, it would've been far and away the worst game in the trilogy.

Card Boy

Banned
Just avoid Origins. If not for Arkham Knightmare's launch, it would've been far and away the worst game in the trilogy.

Nope Origins was good. Also Cold Cold Heart is one of the best DLCs.

Origins Blackgate while having shit combat and graphics does Metroidvania really well.

Is that the one that's based off of the band? Because that's still one of the dumbest games I've ever seen.

Probably. I played an Atari 2600 port of what we called "Journey Escape" at my next door neighbour's house when I was 8. It was one of his better games, but that's not giving Journey Escape any credit since he had a lot of shitty games.

Ozium

I'm just fucking tired of Batman, most overrated and overused comic book hero ever.

where is my wonder woman game

Nzyme32

Off-topic, only just started watching The Wire (over a decade late). Pretty damn good. Makes me want more detective games that are more in depth, and with more complexity. Real lack of them at the moment

I'm just fucking tired of Batman, most overrated and overused comic book hero ever.

At least the Wonder Woman movie trailer looks surprisingly good, although hopes are low considering how bad WB & DC are with their movies thus far.

even aquaman is better than bats

001.jpg

Who can forget Batman's Roges Gallery, a motley crew of deep and distinctive nemeses. There's Catwoman, Penguinman, Jesterman, Jesterwoman, Crocodileman, Scarecrowman, Clayman, and Manbatman... the list goes on and on.
Nope Origins was good. Also Cold Cold Heart is one of the best DLCs.

Origins Blackgate while having shit combat and graphics does Metroidvania really well.
Origins had more CTDs and gamebreaking glitches than Knightmare, for me. But it did have a stable framerate, which was nice, I guess.

So I shall forever disagree.

What what what?? I've had this lurking fear that we'd never see any more episodes. Seems like the game never really took off with the general audience. I loved it tho, one of the secret best games of 2014.
Well, don't get too excited. Q1 2017 is the window... lol.

Vibranium

Banned
If you're planning to play all in a row, it might be. They could get a bit stale after a while. I'd play them with breaks in between.

I'm in the minority, but I still think Asylum was the best, even though later entries improved the combat. I like the metroidvania-lite style of Asylum more and prefer it over the open world nature of later games.

I agree, though Origins had some awesome linear missions.

The entire GCPD level and confrontation with Branden and his team was fantastic. Anything inspired by Year One will turn out ok. And Cold Cold Heart is everything DLCs should be.

mp1990

Banned
That Otome is leading the poll by 1% atm.

Disgusting.

I'm having a hard time myself choosing though. I know people are pushing 428 but Shiren The Wanderer seems way cooler, I'm very into games that take place in feudal Japan. Kamaitachi no Yoru looks very peculiar too, although I don't have much idea what it is about. Kenka Bancho Otome, in other hand... well, it's not for me but definitely has its niche :p

In the end, I guess they'll end up bringing all these to Steam, it's just a matter of time.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm still holding strong with my 256GB SSD. Deleting games makes me feel happy.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I agree, though Origins had some awesome linear missions.

The entire GCPD level and confrontation with Branden and his team was fantastic. Anything inspired by Year One will turn out ok. And Cold Cold Heart is everything DLCs should be.

I actually liked Origins the most out of the post-Asylum games, way more than City. Because, as you said, the linear missions were better. Plus, it had the amazing Deathstroke fight.

mp1990

Banned

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (mp1990, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Golf With Your Friends -- MB-B6AB824E314B44F5 - Taken by bobnowhere. 5 entrants total.
The Jackbox Party Pack 2 -- MB-0004F1777E35BD14 - Taken by thesaucetastic. 5 entrants total.

t1470526060z1.png

JakeD

has anyone had problems with their xbone controllers getting unsynced recently? meaning ill go to turn it on and it will just blink, until i resync.

unplugging and plugging in the adapter also seems to fix it, as does a reboot.

only started in the past couple days. Windows 10.

I never played that Captain America game from a few years ago but it looked ok from what I watched of it...if it was available on PC I'd probably get it (assuming the price was decent)

giphy.gif

Gold Rush was my favorite Sierra Adventure game at one time.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Melissa K. and the Heart of Gold -- MB-41070B4B7E5CEC52 - Taken by Mackenzie 92. 2 entrants total.
Gold Rush! Classic -- MB-5867BADECC3F628E - Taken by Hakkelus. 2 entrants total.

t1470526617z1.png

Ozium

WOAH

this changes everything

Seriously, I constantly change audio devices, it was getting kind of unbelievable how many clicks that took.

how do you get this screen mine looks the same when I right click on the audio icon in the tray and select playback devices

by looks the same I mean it looks like it always did, a grey rectangle like old windows

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
I'm at a point I haven't been at for years: there's not really a game I'm itching to play atm. I've done a good job at clearing my backlog over the last months, made a good dent there. On pc there's Talos Princicple and Dragonfall left, but not really in the mood for those. Then on PS4 there's Mordor (meh, dunno) and Knack (same).

Think I might start Alpha Protocol (pc). Otherwise I might never get around to it. It's been in my Steam library for years now.

I'm at a point I haven't been at for years: there's not really a game I'm itching to play atm. I've done a good job at clearing my backlog over the last months, made a good dent there. On pc there's Talos Princicple and Dragonfall left, but not really in the mood for those. Then on PS4 there's Mordor (meh, dunno) and Knack (same).

Think I might start Alpha Protocol (pc). Otherwise I might never get around to it. It's been in my Steam library for years now.

AP is a good time, though it has some jank to it. Dive in!

And speaking of never getting around to it, I got back into Shogun II after a long absence. How long? Well... I saw autosaves from 2013.

It was kinda surreal.
To install my new graphics card I just turn off the PC and put the new one in right? Then download the newest drivers?

If you're switching from AMD/Nvidia to the other one, be sure to uninstall their drivers beforehand. I have no idea what would happen if you didn't.

Ibuki

Banned
how do you get this screen mine looks the same when I right click on the audio icon in the tray and select playback devices

by looks the same I mean it looks like it always did, a grey rectangle like old windows

You just left click on the speaker icon, then above the volume slider it creates a list when you click.

Its almost like he does it on purpose, like some sort of troll character type or something

It's almost like I don't know him, almost like this is the first time interacting with him...

Edit: Now that I read your post again I actually cannot tell if you were being sarcastic, now I feel like a dick.

rtcn63

Thanks. I figured it was the big w10 update and was actually hoping this would be the case, haha. The alternative would mean either my controller or adapter was dying.

The relief of realizing it was a software error due to something beyond your control and not your shit crapping out. Because with computers, it could be any fucking part in the chain.

gurm3n

Neo Member

You should play Alpha Protocol. I played it for a few minutes and it felt really great, but I was in the middle of exams and I ended up forgetting about it. Picked it thanks to a recommendation from a fellow gaffer.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
You just left click on the speaker icon, then above the volume slider it creates a list when you click.

It's almost like I don't know him, almost like this is the first time interacting with him...

Edit: Now that I read your post again I actually cannot tell if you were being sarcastic, now I feel like a dick.

I was being sarcastic, but towards Oz not you.

Because his act is stale.

Also you said you thought all his opinions were bad so clearly this wasnt your first interaction with him!

You made a great choice, all the Arkham games are great, are you going chronologically or in order of release?

Ibuki

Banned
You made a great choice, all the Arkham games are great, are you going chronologically or in order of release?

I was told by a couple buddies I should do order of release.

Is it a good idea to do chronological order, if so I'd like to hear more about that.

Edit: double posted like a chump. I thought you guys kept this thread moving with anime gif spam, what the hell.

The chump vibe was coming across before the double post my friend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom