• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

septicore

Damn, trying to catch up on almost of month of not being on SteamGaf. That's a lot of pages.

So, how was everyone's weekend?

Just been playing Monster Hunter Generations on my 3DS, the game is basically taking up all my gaming time nowadays. No time for any games on Steam, my poor backlog.

Also watched Suicide Squad over the weekend, I thought it was just OK. Better off waiting for a better cut of the movie to come out on blu-ray than pay for an expensive movie ticket to see it early IMO.

How was your weekend, mate?

Damn, trying to catch up on almost of month of not being on SteamGaf. That's a lot of pages.

So, how was everyone's weekend?
Summer weather has become incredibly nice. Sunny and warm but gone is unbearable heat and humidity. Just beautiful. Wish it stayed exactly like this the whole time.

Anteater

aww shit far cry 3 looks fucking awesome

screenshot0000copyg8uob.jpg
screenshot0002copy0lutz.jpg

Abzu also looks fucking cool but i'm not gonna post anything since it's sorta short, so everything is probably a spoiler

Anteater

You've been posting a lot of great screenshots lately, did you get a new GPU or something?

yeah

i got a 1060 gtx so games actually run at normal framerate!

man video games are good tho

come join me! it's time to get a 480 rx or a 1060 gtx

Far Cry 4 also looks nice (at least to me)...dunno if you have it or have tested it with your new 1060

I have Primal, can't wait to play that

zkylon

zkylewd
MOBAs aren't happening for me ever sadly, unless they make some MOBA/Rhythm game hybrid, I'd try it at least.
yeah that's fine, they're not for everyone, that's for sure

You could have learned so much.

oPElr97.png

lol

I still hate hearing the word MOBA. It's DOTA and DOTA Clones. That was some nice rebranding on Riot to get people to stop calling them a DOTA clone.
eh, moba is a dumb name but it's better than dota clone since it's not a pejorative term. you also need a name for the genre that includes doto, so it works out right in the end

i don't know why you would hate hearing the word tho

i see ugly 3d seems to be the berserk thing nowadays

Jadax

it's ok, just tell us you're addicted

pL8qcV8.jpg

WoW can be so much fun. I remember failing my maths 101 in my 1st or 2nd term when the game came out, just kept playing throughout the night, missed my final like a boss. The game was so much fun when it came out, exploring things for the first time, no gold farmers, no power-levelers - Eastern Plaguelands was a cluster-fuck of people. World pvp at Tarren Mill was the shit. Good times.

I also slept through my physics exam that same term - literally. Went to the exam hall, was assigned a seat in the first row, fell asleep at some point and woke up towards the end.

Goddamn the game was fun. But I learnt my lesson, have avoided such games ever since.

I still want a 1070. Might sell my 770 to a coworker for like $100 to offset that cost, but I'm worried about running integrated for that small time-frame.

Tellaerin

I still hate hearing the word MOBA. It's DOTA and DOTA Clones. That was some nice rebranding on Riot to get people to stop calling them a DOTA clone.

It's become a genre in its own right now, so it makes sense that there's a generic term for it. Saying that it's "DOTA and DOTA Clones" is like saying that you hate the term "platformer", and there's really only "Mario" and "Mario clones".

ooooo shit

everything is cooler with a new video card

and you opted for the more expensive video card too lol

"Everything is cooler with a new video card" should be the thread title one of these months.

Phawx

I worked/slept. Exciting lol

Yours?

Sleeping is good.

Just been playing Monster Hunter Generations on my 3DS, the game is basically taking up all my gaming time nowadays. No time for any games on Steam, my poor backlog.

Also watched Suicide Squad over the weekend, I thought it was just OK. Better off waiting for a better cut of the movie to come out on blu-ray than pay for an expensive movie ticket to see it early IMO.

How was your weekend, mate?

All of the equipment I bought to record stuff, I really should find time somewhere to get more 3DS recordings going. RE: my weekend, I did nothing! It was so good. Though I am getting back into the habit of having a work week so right now weekends are desperately needed to unwind. It could also be that the amount of work I have to do now just to get things stable was/is unprecedented.

Still, slowing getting back into the groove of things.

Played way more Rocket League than I should have instead of finishing Wasteland 2 .___.

Well as long as you had fun ;)

Summer weather has become incredibly nice. Sunny and warm but gone is unbearable heat and humidity. Just beautiful. Wish it stayed exactly like this the whole time.

Being on the east coast, we are subjected to most of the hot/humid stuff. I'm glad you can enjoy your days.

Regarding gaming: I forgot to cancel my preorder for the CE of No Man's Sky and they have a disclaimer that cancellations won't be allowed after May, sooo looks like I'm getting that soon. The good news is the code will be emailed a day before release so I won't have to wait for a physical shipment to redeem it. After seeing some of the early streams, I'm kind of looking forward to it. Sci-fi survival is pretty dope.

Edit: Catching up on the GPU talk, I also upgraded. Went from a 290 to a 1070 OC model (no FE tax :)) and just being able to play with a card that is OC'd and have the fans be inaudible is delightful. I am also glad I took the plunge because my X5667 just can't keep up with my 1070. I am now CPU bottlenecked.

At this point I think I'll wait awhile and wait for the time to strike on DDR4 modules. Whenever I see the lowest dip for DDR4 prices is when I'll start locking in my rig. I was hoping to wait until 2018 but knowing me, I won't be able to make it.

Edit: Catching up on the GPU talk, I also upgraded. Went from a 290 to a 1070 OC model (no FE tax :)) and just being able to play with a card that is OC'd and have the fans be inaudible is delightful. I am also glad I took the plunge because my X5667 just can't keep up with my 1070. I am now CPU bottlenecked.

yeah...even when I put my 1070 on 60-70% fan in Afterburner I don't even hear it

coming from a reference style 290X which sounded like a jet engine is a big difference (heated up like one too)

dex3108

We can sh*t on WB how much we want but there is one thing that they do good. They give a lot of time to their developers. Almost 3 years passed since Arkham Origins and still no announcement for new WB Montreal game. Beside Batman VR Rocksteady will be silent for months too.

kulapik

Ucchedavāda;212875158 said:
Is it that good? I vaguely remember somebody else mention it in one of the Steam threads.

it's got a 63 on opencritic so kinda I guess. The story is apparently trope filled and the combat system is bad and overcomplicated.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Can't say I'm much of a fan of the revision mod. I just prefer the original design for the levels.

I'm still impressed all the time by the old Deus Ex and the things you can do. Main characters can be killed off or different dialogue choices can be made at different times or you could do something in a order, and the game continues and adapts with some different story bits. Also love all the philosophical stuff in there that really got me thinking back in the day.

Never gave it a try, so it will be a new experience for me. Also it was easier to install and work than a bunch of other mods...

Phawx

yeah...even when I put my 1070 on 60-70% fan in Afterburner I don't even hear it

coming from a reference style 290X which sounded like a jet engine is a big difference (heated up like one too)

Yea same. Also I am actually OCing my card to max (hitting VRel so damn quick (can't wait for bios editor for Pascal) I am at roughly 2.1Ghz and card never goes about 60C even under stress.

I can actually do some playable 4k.

Tizoc

Please tell me I am wrong but it seems that some GAFfers are more interested in making fun of the people who said Ninty wouldn't hit the Metroid 2 fangame with a C&D takedown than actually being upset that the fangame was taking down

So I decided to buy Doom from the Humble Store just before the offer ended since I still had a 10% discount coupon.

lniGG85.jpg

Geez, this will take forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom