• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has there been any word on what the dlc may be for Deus Ex: Mankind Divided?

Undecided between regular edition and Digital Deluxe Edition

In this case (and for pre-orders in general), I'd say to just get the regular one and see how the DLC pans out. I seriously doubt that any of the DLC will be worth the up-front premium right now, and will almost-certainly be cheaper around the time of its release, or shortly thereafter.

At the very least, it likely won't be significantly more expensive to buy the DLC/Season Pass when it releases, and at that point it'll be more clear what you're buying.

That's what I do anyway, and that's what I did with Mankind Divided.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member

I feel like Square Enix have a bad track record with this stuff.

Deus Ex HR had a DLC that came out much later and was promptly ignored (consequently I never played it). It told a story of why Jensen disappeared for 3 days, but was mostly self contained and ended up being rolled into the main story without much issue in the Director's Cut.

I can't think of a SE game that had a good DLC pack off the top of my head.

Pokemon Uranium is now on every major news site. How long until Nintendo senpai notice it?

Yes, there are many other Pokemon fan games out there, but sadly, after Metroid I doubt this will be able to dodge it.

Phawx

Kingdom: New Lands is dope. I'll probably play to completion and then post a larger overview.

But if you liked Kingdom, pretty sure you'll like New Lands.

mp1990

Banned
Pokemon Uranium is now on every major news site. How long until Nintendo senpai notice it?

Yes, there are many other Pokemon fan games out there, but sadly, after Metroid I doubt this will be able to dodge it.

It was made with RPG Maker assets, so maybe it'll go overlooked? I really don't know lol, that Cease And Desist request caught me off guard.

I wouldn't be surprised if Uranium was better than X/Y though. Fuck that game.

Grief.exe

Kingdom: New Lands is dope. I'll probably play to completion and then post a larger overview.

But if you liked Kingdom, pretty sure you'll like New Lands.

I've never heard of this, it does look great. Linux version as well which makes it versatile.

fantomena

Happy to see this. HR plays really nicely with it.

header_586x192.jpg

Why play an FPS with a controller?

Dongs Macabre

aka Daedalos42

They probably won't care. There have been like a million of these fan-made Pokémon games and they've never done anything.

Adnor

Banned

Shouldn't the Pokemon Company be the one to do anything, not Nintendo?

Nabs

Because it isn't your average controller. You can have precise control with the trackpad/ gyro, and you can add all your necessary hotkeys to a touch menu. It makes playing games like this a joy. It's how I play all my single player FPS/TPS games.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
In this case (and for pre-orders in general), I'd say to just get the regular one and see how the DLC pans out. I seriously doubt that any of the DLC will be worth the up-front premium right now, and will almost-certainly be cheaper around the time of its release, or shortly thereafter.

At the very least, it likely won't be significantly more expensive to buy the DLC/Season Pass when it releases, and at that point it'll be more clear what you're buying.

That's what I do anyway, and that's what I did with Mankind Divided.

I feel like Square Enix have a bad track record with this stuff.

Deus Ex HR had a DLC that came out much later and was promptly ignored (consequently I never played it). It told a story of why Jensen disappeared for 3 days, but was mostly self contained and ended up being rolled into the main story without much issue in the Director's Cut.

I can't think of a SE game that had a good DLC pack off the top of my head.

Standard Edition it is!

Nzyme32

When sat on a couch, it is by far my preferred way to play since keyboard and mouse is a mess. Most of the time at a desk, ill happily use keyboard and mouse.

Doom is a great example of an FPS that works exceptionally well with that controller. Playing through the game again with the controller this time, and it's extremely good. Not as good as mouse and keyboard obviously, but damn close and perfect for the lounge.

Standard Edition it is!

Yeah, same plan. I expect some story dlc but not for a while and probably not worth it for that price

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
I use my XB1 controller with PC

Years of console gaming, it's hard to use a KB & Mouse. Only do it with strategy games.

Backlogger

Because it isn't your average controller. You can have precise control with the trackpad/ gyro, and you can add all your necessary hotkeys to a touch menu. It makes playing games like this a joy. It's how I play all my single player FPS/TPS games.

People say this but I don't find it to be that precise. I'm probably not being patient enough though. I've messed with all kinds of recommended gryo setups in several different games and it seems to have a learning curve or seems to need some getting used to. I still find myself just shying back to either a 360 pad or just mouse and keyboard and finding either of those options to feel more natural for me in terms of precision.

mp1990

Banned
Shouldn't the Pokemon Company be the one to do anything, not Nintendo?

The Pokemon Company owns the IP, but Nintendo is the one who decides where the franchise can show up or not, or something like that, that's why you don't see Pokémon games on PS4 or PC (Nintendo owns around 40% of TPC iirc), so I think Nintendo would be the one to take issue in this matter? Legal stuff is too complicated to me.

Endruen

I realized that by upgrading to Windows 10, Candy Crush gets installed. I haven't uninstalled anything so fast in my life.

Bought a nice 27 inch HP IPS monitor today, it'll hold me off until I can find a decent deal on a Gsync monitor, which are insanely expensive, I really wish Nvidia would be compatible with Freesync.

Vibranium

Banned

There will probably be some stuff like Breach Mode, and then a couple major DLCs. The Missing Link was really good, hopefully they have the same team member directing additional content (I forgot his name).

Nabs

People say this but I don't find it to be that precise. I'm probably not being patient enough though. I've messed with all kinds of recommended gryo setups in several different games and it seems to have a learning curve or seems to need some getting used to. I still find myself just shying back to either a 360 pad or just mouse and keyboard and finding either of those options to feel more natural for me in terms of precision.

Yeah, it does take time. I would recommend getting used to the trackpad before jumping into gyro, it's best when it's assisting your aim. I also recommend messing with the settings on your own, some people out there are crazy.

Gaffer Belmonkey put out a video of some casual CS to show off the gyro/trackpad. It's not some pro cs video, but it shows what the combo can do. There are also some settings info in the comments.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8QfsZZfTpU

Bought a nice 27 inch HP IPS monitor today, it'll hold me off until I can find a decent deal on a Gsync monitor, which are insanely expensive, I really wish Nvidia would be compatible with Freesync.
They're just $150 more and then some if you get deals

It's a game changer totally worth it I can't wait to play Adam Jensen Adventures and Alan Wake 2: It's Straight up Dawg Time and Dishonored Revengeance on it

Sarcasm

Literally wrong.

Comfy couch gaming and 7.1 is god level.

Headphones suck.

Also, I bought a $100 mouse and im terrible. It makes me cry inside.

Wasn't talking about couch gaming was I?

No. I was talking about TV modes lol.

Guess its based on TV. Bought a decent one recently and gaming mode turns on a bunch of things. It was far better to go into options and turn stuff off.

Wasn't talking about couch gaming was I?

No. I was talking about TV modes lol.

Guess its based on TV. Bought a decent one recently and gaming mode turns on a bunch of things. It was far better to go into options and turn stuff off.

No, I mean PC mode/gaming mode on TVs don't make it worse. It makes it way better, less input lag. It's supposed to turn all the crap off.

Your TV turned stuff ON for gaming mode? That's very weird.

They're just $150 more and then some if you get deals

It's a game changer totally worth it I can't wait to play Adam Jensen Adventures and Alan Wake 2: It's Straight up Dawg Time and Dishonored Revengeance on it

The one I bought was only $75 so I got a pretty good deal, Gsync is definitely something I'm going to get, I've heard nothing but good things.

fantomena

Lucky you, I still feel liker the Steam controller is trash. Might have to use it more or something.

Isn't NMS technically an FPS and aren't you currently playing that with a controller?

I do playing with a controller. However compared to the DS4, the Steam controller is trash like written above. Possibly it takes time to get used to. Enter the Gungeon is so far the worst game with it.

Nzyme32

For some reason I got the impression that GMG prices were complete arse since dropping the vouchers, but turns out it's all pretty good. Switching all my confident purchases to GMG now

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom