• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

jediyoshi

Got an empty Steam news popup that used the old Steam design

mlQfSbm.png

am i ded

mrgone

You can defer updates on Win 10 Home as well.
Not as easily as on Pro/Ent/Edu versions, but you sure can.

If that metered connection thing still works that's pretty good. Otherwise it looks like you have to pretty much break windows update, and only fix it when you want updates to download :p I wish they'd just put the check box in there for everyone.

I want RUINER :(

RUINER looks really awesome. Devolver's whole lineup this year is pretty fantastic. Killing it, those dudes.

Knurek

If that metered connection thing still works that's pretty good. Otherwise it looks like you have to pretty much break windows update, and only fix it when you want updates to download :p I wish they'd just put the check box in there for everyone.

Metered connection works, but you can also use Microsoft tools to defer updates.
(I'm still on 1511, and just received the Tuesday's cumulative update for that branch, so can confirm Windows Update doesn't break with that workaround).

dex3108

I expected that NMS honeymoon will last at least week or two but dam after only 2 days disappointment and hate is real on gaming side.

mrgone

Absolver and Eitr look pretty sweet, too. I just don't think that Mother Russia Bleeds is going to be any good.

Probably a little on-the-nose for a brawler, yeah. But Eitr definitely looks rad, as does Absolver. Crossing Souls looks pretty good too, but I'm not sure if that's due this year anymore. More Shadow Warrior and Flying Wild Hog is great. And Enter the Gungeon's already out, but super good too. One of the better sets of games I've seen in a calendar year

edit: Wow, slow evening. Sorry about the back-to-back posts :)

cyba89

No midnight release for NMS on steam? Why are midnight releases for big titles still not the norm on PC? No preload too. -.-

Monooboe

Ugh, so now I´m stuck with a windows 10 Tablett, or 2 in 1 laptop, laplett? Until I get my career going and can get a new PC. So I will do all my gaming through you guys!

Any of you do any broadcasting? If Im going to watch someone play games I would prefer it to be someone I know from this thread.

Kudo

Steam just asked is my email still the one I use on my account and had to re-verify it, should I be scared or is this normal?

dex3108

Ugh, so now I´m stuck with a windows 10 Tablett, or 2 in 1 laptop, laplett? Until I get my career going and can get a new PC. So I will do all my gaming through you guys!

Any of you do any broadcasting? If Im going to watch someone play games I would prefer it to be someone I know from this thread.

One day I will maybe get upload speed above 1Mbps so you all can watch me being stubborn and die over and over again until I do what I intended to do XD

Steam just asked is my email still the one I use on my account and had to re-verify it, should I be scared or is this normal?

Maybe your email host bounced an email at some point, or it's just an automatic check to cut down on people who can't recover their accounts due to dead emails. I wouldn't be scared, myself.

Ludens

Banned
So, what happens in 10 or 15 years when microsoft decides to shutdown the streaming?, you still will be able to download the game from steam but it will probably crash when trying to stream the movies...

No, I think you can play it without episodes, it should be already an option on XBox one.
Still, you will have a butchered game.

Mivey

So, what happens in 10 or 15 years when microsoft decides to shutdown the streaming?, you still will be able to download the game from steam but it will probably crash when trying to stream the movies...
Remedy will host alternatives that reenact the scenes with sock puppets.
I wish.

It happens a lot to me.

Happens to me as well.

It's funny how there are still bits of ancient versions of the store-front floating around on Valve's servers. Most of the links are broken, but you can find the pages by searching for versions of the copyright text:
http://www.steampowered.com/v/static_web.php
http://www.steampowered.com/v/index.php?area=cybercafe_agreement
http://www.steampowered.com/v4/about.htm
http://www.steampowered.com/status/ep2/achievements.php
http://www.steampowered.com/Steam/Messages/driver_update/
http://www.steampowered.com/stats/csmarket/algorithm.html

This one is fun. It's a hardware survey from 2005:
http://www.steampowered.com/status/survey_v3.html
Less than 4% of systems surveyed had more than 1GB of RAM and everyone was running XP service pack 1 or 2.

Oh lawd, someone posted a link to what's at the centre of the universe in the NMS review thread

is that it??! XD

I was hoping that it would be Peter Molyneux telling you that you get to be the god of No Man's Sky, but
I think that the actual ending fits the game. Probably doesn't live up to the hype, however

mp1990

Banned
Ucchedavāda;213227616 said:
I was hoping that it would be Peter Molyneux telling you that you get to be the god of No Man's Sky, but
I think that the actual ending fits the game. Probably doesn't live up to the hype, however
Or, maybe, you'd get to be a man.

Wok

Is the NA version region free?If so I can buy it for you tonight if you want to pay pal me (its $66.49 CAD)

It is, got my copy from canada

Is it still the case? I am always lost when I look at steamDB to confirm that a game can be activated in Europe.

It explores the meaning of existence and purpose, challenges reality and emotional connection through a complex plot, with a twist at every corner.

"Woman unconscious in dark alley" simulator coming to Steam.

More seriously, it is a "psychological adventure game set in a dystopic sci-fi world that is slowly unwinding". The game is called Discrepant. I think I read that pitch for tons of games already.

Ozium

I bought Dead Rising on GMG and they gave me a Steam key already instead of having to wait until release day

based Capcom

Corpekata

Banned
What if you can't see others in just the PS4 No Man's Sky for technical reasons, but you can on PC, and that's the reason for the delay, to avoid that getting out there too soon? The meltdowns would be glorious.

Yikes at all the No Man's Sky backlash in all those threads.

I'm glad to have more relaxed expectations on it, and don't feel the need to attribute malice to the devs for things that might be different from the hype. Hope they still feel alright.

derExperte

Vivaldi is getting so close to becoming my standard browser, the new customization options in 1.3 are fantastic. Now give extensions please. Wait, they're already in (using the Chrome Store). Oh boy. Even supports right button+scroll=change tabs out of the box. Only thing I'm not liking is the UI's font rendering.

And N++ got patched, now runs without workaround.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom