• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

Yeah, it does take time. I would recommend getting used to the trackpad before jumping into gyro, it's best when it's assisting your aim. I also recommend messing with the settings on your own, some people out there are crazy.

Gaffer Belmonkey put out a video of some casual CS to show off the gyro/trackpad. It's not some pro cs video, but it shows what the combo can do. There are also some settings info in the comments.: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8QfsZZfTpU

That's some impressive play with a controller.

Lucky you, I still feel liker the Steam controller is trash. Might have to use it more or something.

I do playing with a controller. However compared to the DS4, the Steam controller is trash like written above. Possibly it takes time to get used to. Enter the Gungeon is so far the worst game with it.

Not trash, has a significant learning curve associated with it.

sibarraz

Banned
Feel like replaying typing of the dead, havent played it on 3 years, and I realized that I had some exclusive DLC that is not on sale like the football manager one and make love not war

PaulSane

Was that game good? I remember people saying "Baby´s first DRPG"

From what i've played of it (completed one dungeon so far), i would describe it exactly like that :)

It reminded me of Stranger of Sword City a lot, which is not surprising, since it was made by the same developer. Compared to SoTS, it has a lot of game mechanics simplified - i can't tell yet if overall difficulty is low, but it's certainly lower than in SoTS.

The story\visual novel aspect of it seem to be a pretty standard "anime" kind of story and dialogues - so not recommended to people with low tolerance of that stuff :p I myself have developed an immunity to it, so it doesn't bother me that much.

Overall, i'd say i enjoy this game enough to not refund it right away :)

EDIT: forgot to talk about the port quality - it's quite good, just as the SoTS port was. It plays well with mouse and keyboard, graphics options are basically nonexistant, but since this game is mostly in 2d, that's not a huge issue.

N++ beta keys are going out and Vermintide got a big update with many fixes (no new content yet).

:(

Yep, i have the same problem, game crashes on startup. The error has something to do with MSVCR120, which i already tried reinstalling along with the whole MVC2013 package to no avail.

Enthus

I just found out that you can edit Steam game names by editing a file in your appcache.

P4UrR9W.png

I'm in heaven. I just wish I could rearrange the games to be in the correct order.

Tizoc

Looks more like Kid Sonic Chameleon

LOL at one of the suits being "edgy" xD
Yeah i got a chuckle from that
I backed the game and i really like what im seeing but it seems it has around 30 levels combined? That is like 10 levels too much for me :p

cyba89

Nice after the recent steam update my Xbox One controller works properly in BPM again after the Anniversary update brokee it.

mrgone

if i shut off y compute,r i have to update :(

i can just hibernate forever right?

Are you sure it's the big anniversary update? Microsoft also just released the monthly rollup for the non-anniversary versions of Win 10 in the midst of everything. If the update has 1511 (or 1507) as the version number it's just the standard monthly patches and shouldn't (hopefully) break anything.

mrgone

Oh... do you have to opt-in to the Anniversary thing? I got an update the other day and nothing changed; I figured that was it...

You only have to opt-in through the website if you want it immediately, otherwise it'll eventually roll through windows update in a mandatory fashion if you're not running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, where you can defer (some?) updates. They also released the regular monthly security update in the middle of all this, which is an extra layer of confusion when everyone's expecting the anniversary update. Easy way to tell what you're on is to hit win+r and run "winver". The anniversary update is version 1607.

Groupees trash that isn't Puppy Dog: Jigsaw Puzzles.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rockin' Ranger:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Fire -- MB-A55CC0843A813747 - Taken by madjoki
Mahjong Deluxe 2: Astral Planes -- MB-C47B1F0156FFEBB5 - Taken by Costa1774
Bayla Bunny -- MB-6E723ABC1149BAFB - Taken by dot
Fruits Inc. Deluxe Pack -- MB-5B77F0863BFF19B6 - Taken by pantsattack
Black Rainbow -- MB-70CEFA1A2FF4D426 - Taken by WinterDemons
The Worm -- MB-03A3E0EEBAA5B509 - Taken by yoshizzle

You only have to opt-in through the website if you want it immediately, otherwise it'll eventually roll through windows update in a mandatory fashion if you're not running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, where you can defer (some?) updates. They also released the regular monthly security update in the middle of all this, which is an extra layer of confusion when everyone's expecting the anniversary update. Easy way to tell what you're on is to hit win+r and run "winver". The anniversary update is version 1607.
Explains a lot, thanks!
Steam down for anyone else?

Seems fine for me.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

K7GXagI.png

Mystery gift -- MB-0E3FE354298C9DC9 - Taken by electroflame

Knurek

You only have to opt-in through the website if you want it immediately, otherwise it'll eventually roll through windows update in a mandatory fashion if you're not running Windows 10 Pro or Enterprise, where you can defer (some?) updates.

You can defer updates on Win 10 Home as well.
Not as easily as on Pro/Ent/Edu versions, but you sure can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom