• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

Is it bad? I've had my eye on it for a while now, but I've seen many user reviews bashing the controls.

I posted some impressions a couple pages back, it's only been a couple hours worth of play mind but I just feel done already.

FWIW, controls weren't my main problem (but yes jumping can feel rather imprecise at times) rather my main beef is the woeful level generation that frequently loads rooms you either can't access for upgrades you don't have yet (and it's never just a subtle hint to get one, it's like levels were you find you need like 3 and so you can do basically nothing in the meantime) or rooms filled with enemies in such a cheap way that you simply have little to no way of getting through without being seen.

This leads to a lot of bad runs, and obviously it clashes with the campaign's game timer.

Annubis

There are some total loser "gamers"

pz4n3v5t4lex.png

That's a pretty BOSS response.

Lomax

You're playing semantic games with the word "enjoyment" to cover up how your post was stupid.

100 hours is definitely commitment, but when you're young and your friends are playing it, you'll give it a go. But it's possible to have a commitment to things that you don't enjoy right away. Programming, for example.

No I'm not, I'm talking specifically about gaming and nothing else. No one plays a game for hundreds of hours without enjoyment unless they are an addict or a masochist (and even the masochist is in theory "enjoying" their misery). I'm not talking about work or anything else. I'm talking about gaming, a recreational entertainment activity. The post claimed that DOTA took 1500 hours to be enjoyable, and while that may be hyperbolic, it's patently wrong. And the entire discussion was about the concept of games that don't "become fun" until after some large number of hours, which your comment wasn't particularly relevant to anyway. But no, I very much doubt you played even 25 hours of any game you didn't like, much less 100.

I will never understand people who get so attached to something that they would attack someone for not liking it.

While the response is obviously wrong and childish, it's basically just the other side of the prevalent internet culture that is constantly telling everyone how bad the things they like are and how they are wrong for liking them, and wearing that negativity as some sort of badge of honor. Internet forum culture has basically made it impossible to have any sort of moderate view or real discussion any more.

kagamin

Well... that's Spec Ops the Line done, I ultimately chose
to commit suicide
because
I felt that that's what Walker would have done if he truly came to realize the weight of his actions

I used my 10% off from Humble Monthly to get NMS for $54... not the best savings, but I'd spend a few more bucks to just have it and play it tomorrow without too much worrying.

I'm having an issue with one of my PCs. My Xbox One controller is coming up as to Xinput devices. So anytime I press a button, it doubles It. I have three dongles and controllers. So I swapped out them all, and it's only on the one PC. It isn't the dongle, and isn't the controller, because they respond properly on the other PCs and they don't work on the one I'm having an issue with.

I refreshed the PC and just installed steam and tested it out again, and I"m still having an issue. Has anyone else come across this issue? Anyone solved it? And don't just say it's because I'm using Windows 10. I have 10 installed on all other PCs and this isn't a replicatable issue.

Anyone tried The Forest recently on Win 10 with an Xbox one controller? My triggers don't work properly at all in the game and I can't do shit. Last time I played it was about 4 months ago and it was fine.

Well... that's Spec Ops the Line done, I ultimately chose
to commit suicide
because
I felt that that's what Walker would have done if he truly came to realize the weight of his actions

I chose the opposite of you, to
live and let the army take me home
because
I as a player had no choice but to keep fighting to complete the game, and as such I felt that both I and Walker were not to be held responsible for our actions.
Metagaming!

RimWorld continues to be soooo goood. The AI director thing really keeps me on my toes.

I think I actually have a viable colony now... except I got raided twice in a row so everything is in shambles. Like, aside from the dead and wounded, half of the colony's buildings (about five of them) are covered in blood. And Brutus the Cat is dead. It's been tough, but I finally got a fifth colonist, so things are looking up.

NOOOOOO!!

It turns out the graphics cards were never at fault at all - it was the Corsair PSU. Trying the 3D Mark and Unigine demos, the PSU is squealing like a bitch. I would have known if it wasn't for these low performance requiring Steam games!

Gonna get the PSU RMA done ASAP, with the hope they are true to their word and can get it all sorted within 6 days or so max.
My last PSU that died was also a Corsair, never again.

I used my 10% off from Humble Monthly to get NMS for $54... not the best savings, but I'd spend a few more bucks to just have it and play it tomorrow without too much worrying.

I'm having an issue with one of my PCs. My Xbox One controller is coming up as to Xinput devices. So anytime I press a button, it doubles It. I have three dongles and controllers. So I swapped out them all, and it's only on the one PC. It isn't the dongle, and isn't the controller, because they respond properly on the other PCs and they don't work on the one I'm having an issue with.

I refreshed the PC and just installed steam and tested it out again, and I"m still having an issue. Has anyone else come across this issue? Anyone solved it? And don't just say it's because I'm using Windows 10. I have 10 installed on all other PCs and this isn't a replicatable issue.

When I did my upgrade on my primary PC a ton of stuff broke and I couldn't fix it. I even tried rolling back once and trying again. I think sometimes for some reason the upgrade process breaks stuff in the registry and there's no reasonable way to fix it. I ended up just doing a clean install. The crazy part is I did a new build and out of curiosity didn't do a clean install and everything worked. This was a completely new build with the only things that were the same were the SSD, HDDs, and PSU.

giphy.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Gnomoria -- MB-5FF1EDF635594819 - Taken by Zeeman
Asdivine Hearts -- MB-0C706FC158C7028F - Taken by dot

http://steamcommunity.com/app/458730/discussions/0/359543951724220230/

Don't listen to people saying the [Conception II] is "bad"
It's mostly angry console users and neo-feminists who get triggered by Japanese games coming to Steam. Day 1 buy for me.
I'm none of them, and I think this game is mediocre at best. You should check your "facts".
You are clearly a SJW though. Hide your LBGT background if you want people to take you seriously. Nobody cares that you feel triggered by games with sexual content.
good, good, i'm glad valve continues to promote healthy community growth on steam

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
At which chapter does Danganronpa 2 pick up? I'm actually getting into it at chapter 2, which is great. I was so bored at the slow prologue.

Jawmuncher

At which chapter does Danganronpa 2 pick up? I'm actually getting into it at chapter 2, which is great. I was so bored at the slow prologue.

It takes a good bit to pick up. But just stick with it. The dragging it's feet it does though is why I prefer Danganronpa 1.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
G7AtwSy.png

Does everyone else see this when clicking on this link in Windows 10?

I'm wondering if Microsoft removed it from their app store for (reasons) or if there's some silly flag somewhere I haven't set properly in order to download it. I have the "anniversary update" installed.

gurm3n

Neo Member
G7AtwSy.png

I'm wondering if Microsoft removed it from their app store for (reasons) or if there's some silly flag somewhere I haven't set properly in order to download it. I have the "anniversary update" installed.

I opened it and it says it's not available. There was a Windows 10 update today, though, but I haven't installed it yet.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This is all part of Microsoft's Tim Sweeney's plan to continue making Steam progressively worse in Windows 10, by denying users access to Enhanced Steam on Edge.

Lomax

G7AtwSy.png

It says not available to me both in the store and not logged in using another browser. I haven't installed the anniversary update yet. It also has a comment about requiring being installed on the primary hard drive.

Corpekata

Banned
They should have taken the opportunity in that set to add some more manservice and model a few of them after the Titans themselves like Raidou.

Vlad

I'm only about an hour into Transistor so far, and I'm really failing to see what all the fuss is about. I mean, yeah, it looks nice, but the combat is just so clunky. The main character's slow walking speed combined with every attack's overly-long wind-up time means there's just a ton of attacks that essentially end up unavoidable. Of course, since I have yet to die, I guess I'm doing something right, it just doesn't feel like it. I just picked the attack that's the bouncing projectile (which seems to have the least annoyingly-long wind-up and the best damage) and have just spammed that until everything's dead. So far, it's worked just fine, even through what I'm assuming was the first boss. I was sort of lukewarm on Bastion, but at least the combat had a good feel to it. The weapons all felt useful in their own way, and you could at least roll to avoid attacks. The closest thing in Transistor that I've found so far is the dash move, but since it's lumped in with the various attacks, and there doesn't seem to be any way to bind them to a key, it's not really feasible to use that in the heat of battle.

That, and there's that mode that pauses time, that I have yet to figure out the use for. Yeah, you get to let off a few attacks in a row, but it seems that most of the time the enemy isn't where it was when you were setting things up, meaning that you're attacking air most of the time. Even worse is the cooldown after you use it, so it seems to end up working out the same in the end, you just get all your attacks in up-front, with a long cooldown at the end.

Am I missing something, or was everybody just enamored by the artstyle (which I will admit is nice)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom