• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | August 2016 - No Man's Sky will leave Mankind Divided

Status
Not open for further replies.

def sim

apparently people aren't turning off the 30 fps cap

man i want to pick this up just to know for sure if people are being silly geese about the performance

edit: oh gosh maybe not? the 21:9 thing is nuuuuuts if that's actually the case

Lomax

Not sure I'd take the "both sides" stance on review threads. The positive toward a game camp is almost always the more irrational as they have money invested. You don't see sites being DDOSed because someone gave a game a positive review.

In the beginning that's certainly true, but in the long run, the people with negative opinions about games that have generally positive reviews end up being much more vocal and obnoxious about it.

fantomena

Lol the Steam forum.

Game doesn't even fucking start. And I am not alone.

CprQ2M9WgAA9H8Z.jpg:large

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Knew I shouldn't have pre-ordered and I didn't. Lucky me!

Why do people still pre-order games?

I don’t anymore, not unless it is a very well fleshed out and reviewed early access in which people have logged dozens of hours into and okayed it.

I’ve not bought NMS yet on PC and I won’t even think about it for at least a week yet. Partly because I want to see consumer reviews on the PC port, but mainly because I’m going away on a week vacation starting tonight, LOL! Works out well, and when I come home I’ll check to see if the game is worth my $60 or not. Looking forward to all of you trying it out first for me though!!!

:D

Grief.exe

TB is really complaining about hitching on his stream.

Going by impressions on the PC Port thread, those that have a higher hz monitor and turning off the in-game vsync and reporting a smooth experience. The hitching being reported could easily be explained by a bad vsync implementation as the frame times are getting out of sync with the refersh rate and aren't stable.

Total Biscuit has a very poor understanding of the technical reasons behind performance issues, so I would expect him to complain with little explanation behind what his happening and troubleshoot potential fixes.\

EDIT: Seeing multiple reports in the performance thread of people turning off in-game vsync and going borderless, no vsync, or third party vsync (Afterburner) removes their stuttering.

Knew I shouldn't have pre-ordered and I didn't. Lucky me!

Why do people still pre-order games?

Pre-ordering is largely irrelevant at this point.

Wok

The order of your sentences is strange. It is smoother this way:

Total Biscuit has a very poor understanding of the technical reasons behind performance issues, so I would expect him to complain with little explanation behind what his happening and troubleshoot potential fixes. Going by impressions on the PC Port thread, those that have a higher hz monitor and turning off the in-game vsync and reporting a smooth experience. The hitching being reported could easily be explained by a bad vsync implementation as the frame times are getting out of sync with the refersh rate and aren't stable.

Just leaving that here:

zkylon

zkylewd
Did you really think I was referring to cursor movement regarding text and not y'know, the very prominent drink mixing mechanics?
you mix drinks for like 5% of the time and then it's just straight visual novel

and mixing drinks is like a real simple drag and drop thing

like honestly i can't imagine framerate being a thing in this game in the slightest

Hektor

So, the already delayed port doesn't even run well or are those just a handful voices crying loud?

Between the missing features and the game just generally not being that amazing, a bad port that already was delayed would be somewhat hilarious considering that NMS is the most premium priced title I've seen in years on pc.

Nzyme32

Nearly 200k concurrent for NMS and the game is sitting at mostly negative reviews.

Madness!

What has Hello Games done?

Wow! That is really impressive. Quite possible the record in highest concurrent players for an utterly broken PC version. I actually don't think it is as bad as BAK, which had much more egregious hitching etc, but this is still unplayable from what I am seeing thus far.

Also no design considerations for PC. The menu movement with a mouse is amusingly maddening to most users since they do quick movements but find the screen has moved as they moved the mouse. This works for a slow analogue stick but is almost nauseating on PC

I'm curious, what has Todd Howard 'lied' about?

I see him paraded around as a charlatan, but I've never really seen him say anything crazy about their games. Was it the Oblivion Radiant Quest thing?

Nothing really. It's just the internet being the internet. The pitchforks are always close by in some peoples homes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom