• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jezbollah

Steam Sale?

LETS DO THIS BOYS.

J5Qkv.gif

TqEzCdg.gif

Probably going to dip for Deus Ex at £19.99, maybe Stellarsis at £23

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
So, what have ya'll nominated?

Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for "Test of Time" easily.

Anyway, this sale is super disappointing. Most of the stuff on my wishlist either isn't on sale (Square, come on!) or the sale prices are kinda bad. The Witcher 3 being $20 wouldn't be bad if it was GotY, which it isn't.

Spinky

Is Assassin's Creed: Syndicate worth it for £15? I've got AC fatigue but have been fairly interested in this one still.

Also, if you don't vote The Walking Dead S1 for the crying award, you are inhuman.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
I would easily have bought Doom at that price if I hadnt used my wallet money on ESO a few days ago. Xmas sale it is.

drotahorror

Kind of bummed that Far Cry Primal isn't the same price as it is on PSN ($15). I bought it full price on PS4 back in february but would rather play on PC.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I have absolutely no idea what to nominate for best minigame. Most of the games I play don't have them!

Just put down Final Fantasy VIII and move on...

Aaron D.

It definitely is. I'd love to check it out, but I'm pretty sure I'm not patient enough for it.

Yeah, it's definitely not a puzzler that you can brute force haphazardly.

You can work your way backwards (i.e. eliminate moves you know won't work), but every puzzle has a single solution.

The dev is like a mad genius or something, 'cause some of that stuff is mind-bending.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have absolutely no idea what to nominate for best minigame. Most of the games I play don't have them!

The Witcher 3, Final Fantasy 8. Gwent and Triple Triad, respectively.

yuraya

Test of time award should go to Half-Life since there is still like 22k people playing 1.6 at this very moment.

Sober

Sales seen decent this time around. If I forget or miss something it'll be the same during the much longer Christmas sale.

Excited for the hidden gems thread.

Someone remind me, is this the biggest sale generally annually? Or is that still the Winter sale or Summer?

iiicon

I like Dragon's Dogma choice for Test of Time since that was released this year.

Rimworld, Factorio, and Civ VI can all go into the "5 more minutes."

It's a great port, and will probably get my Steam GAF GOTY vote, because the other two contenders (Monster Hunter Generations, Overwatch) aren't eligible.

Zeeman

Grabbed an extra copy during the price error, enjoy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Zeeman, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Life is Strange Complete Season -- MB-E93B0C69314EB509 - Taken by Madn. 41 entrants total.

t1479937816z1.png

Grief.exe

Excited for the hidden gems thread.

Someone remind me, is this the biggest sale generally annually? Or is that still the Winter sale or Summer?

The precedent set last year saw similar discounts between the winter sale and autumn sale.

It's a great port, and will probably get my Steam GAF GOTY vote, because the other two contenders (Monster Hunter Generations, Overwatch) aren't eligible.

Rimworld and Factorio aren't eligible either due to Early Access.

😭😭😭😭

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I won't be handling the hidden gems thread for this sale, there's probably a lot there but I'm in crunch time for my own little Steam game I want to release in December, so if someone else wants to tackle it, feel free.

I think the awards are a dorky/fun idea, even though I do think by nature only the bigger games will win it so a bit "mrph" to suggest much else.

Sch1sm

Not looking for much on my end. HoI IV, maybe some more puzzlers I might have missed. Does anyone have any puzzler suggestions? Always looking for some to add to my library of 'em.

Is it normal for steam to keep logging me out in the browser?

Happens to me all the damn time, sale or not, and it's gotten more annoying with this authenticator stuff.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Do I need to play Shadowrun Dragonfall to enjoy SR Hong Kong extended?

No you do not! But you should anyway becuase despite them not really being connected at all story wise, Dragonfall is an awesome game in its own right.

I think I actually liked it a bit better by the end, but that's probably mostly due to 1 really awesome late game mission. SR Hong Kong is awesome all the waythough and is totally worth playing if you haven't done any of the others. Play Dragonfall too though, it's also great.

inner-G

Banned
Dawn of Discovery (Anno 1404) is on sale for $3.39

Great city building/exploring/trading game if you've never tried it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom