• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale 2016 Thread: Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for Christmas Sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Disgaea PC is $10 on Steam. Save the Prinnies...or kill them?

While it's good to see Disgaea finally make its way to PC, the thing that I had forgotten is just how roooooough the 1st game is in terms of functional/quality-of-life improvements that come later on in the series.

Personally, I'm going to wait for Disgaea 2 in January - hopefully the series will continue to follow suit with 3/4/D2/5 at some point in the future.

The game is like a month old

Isn't it also dropping pretty quick on console, though?

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
No you do not! But you should anyway becuase despite them not really being connected at all story wise, Dragonfall is an awesome game in its own right.

I think I actually liked it a bit better by the end, but that's probably mostly due to 1 really awesome late game mission. SR Hong Kong is awesome all the waythough and is totally worth playing if you haven't done any of the others. Play Dragonfall too though, it's also great.

I'll get both since they're cheap. :)

EDIT: Dragonfall is already in my library. Lmao

C4rter

My awards:
fFYvRxh.png

It just released last month

the worst open world experience i have played this year. its the same limited set of side missions that you rinse and repeat from start to finish. the AI is garbage. im not going to get into the problems at launch too. its not worth it at the price they are selling it for.

iiicon

What are some of the best roguelikes this year? I think I might just grab one game this sale and get really deep into it. Enter the Gungeon and GoNNER have my eye. Anything else?

dex3108

Oh look Witcher 3 on sale, Expansion Pass still at full price, GOTY edition cost almost as Expansion Pass. Good job CDPR, good job.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Raiden V is 80% off for you shmup lovers.

Do I need to play Shadowrun Dragonfall to enjoy SR Hong Kong extended?

No, but you should. In my opinion Dragonfall is even better than Hong Kong. HK has a more fleshed out combat system, but DF has a better story and better characters. But definitely get HK too - it's still a really great game which only fault is that of not being DF.

Worth getting GOTY Witcher 3? Or just go for vanilla? I'm not 100% sure I'll like the game, though I guess there is the refund system...

Aside from the first category, if they're not going to limit their annual awards to games that came out that year, I can't even take them half seriously.

Butwhy.gif

When you play games from last year or older ones and they are your goty? It doesnt matter i think, there are too many good games going under cause of strange restrictions in the nomination rules.

ducksauce

Kind of bummed that Far Cry Primal isn't the same price as it is on PSN ($15). I bought it full price on PS4 back in february but would rather play on PC.

Yeah, I was expecting Steam to at least match that price. I'd much rather play it on PC than my PS4.

And I'm pretty sure I saw Doom is going to be $15 somewhere on consoles but it's $20 on Steam.

Mafia III is $41 on Steam and it's going to be $30 at Best Buy.

So yeah, not impressed with this sale so far.

No, but you should. In my opinion Dragonfall is even better than Hong Kong. HK has a more fleshed out combat system, but DF has a better story and better characters. But definitely get HK too - it's still a really great game which only fault is that of not being DF.

Noooo no no no. The characters and story for Hong Kong are a tier above Dragonfall.

nightmare-slain

Gold Member
Worth getting GOTY Witcher 3? Or just go for vanilla? I'm not 100% sure I'll like the game, though I guess there is the refund system...

yeah. it's cheaper than buying the base game + expansion. so if you do end up enjoying it then it'll be really worth it. up to you if you think you'll like it or not. if i were to buy the GOTY, i already own the base game, it would only cost £1 more than buying both expansions

also the refund system only lets you play 2 hours. the GOTY packs at least 150 hours of gameplay. 2 hours is nothing. the first 10 hours or so are just warming you up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom