• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

bengraven

Oh god what have you done

iblFt3lMXHsERg.png

tumblr_m6yb68gRW41rxevt4o1_500.gif

(also, Xelios has always been nuts man. :p)

Argh, why did I have to buy Guacamelee yesterday? That's seven dollars and fifty cents down the valve hole.

I am glad to see that they are putting some effort into the site design for the sale, the last few were pretty boring.

First day and as has been the pattern the last couple years, prices on smaller titles are higher than they used to be. Good for them if people are willing to buy, I guess.

Last couple of sales have been a bummer for me, as things are either still too rich for my blood or I already own it. I've got over 45 titles on my wishlist and yet I doubt I'll make a big dent in it because the games are either:

1. Too recent and therefore still too expensive
2. An indie game that's on "sale" for >$4 (Not happening, will wait on humble bundles)
3. Some obscure, forgotten older game that never goes on any kind of decent sale (i.e. Gun is still $15. Why!?)

I think that part of the problem is that two years ago, I relied on these seasonal Steam sales to make the majority of my purchases. Now, with Amazon, GMG, and Gamefly doing amazing sales week to week that redeem on Steam, the games I would have purchased in this sale have already been purchased at the same prices or lower. In the end, I still get the games so that's great, but it takes some of the "magic" away from the big Steam sales.

fallout

I'm glad they got rid of the voting. The incessant bitching which would follow the selections was becoming rather unbearable.

shira

Skyrim Legendary will be cheaper next year. . . . .

. . . . right.

[slaps hand from mouse]

Fuck that's a good price

Sober

Interesting. They aren't planning on having different prices between the two sales? Makes sense, but that bums me out a bit.
If you can hold off right until the very end of the Christmas sale in what, January, then go right ahead. Because it might still show up as a featured timed sale (daily/flash/vote) during the Christmas sale, since it will be 2 weeks or so versus the handful of days the November sale is now.

Fuck, moving to another country messes Steam up pretty badly.

Manhunt is banned in Australia, and I've been wanting it to complete my Rockstar classics collection for quite a while. Now that I live in Florida, I should be able to buy it right? I mean, nothing in the game is any worse than what you'd see going out for a night on the town in Orlando. Anyway, when I open Steam it's all "oh hi, I see from your IP you live in the US!" and let's me add it to my cart. Then if I go to buy it, because my saved credit card is Australian it says "whoah, I'll just change currencies because you could be trying to pull a fast one" and in the process removes Manhunt from my cart.

I actually have a credit card with a US address too, but it won't let me enter the information before it removes it from the cart. I think I can probably buy something on that card which is available in both regions first to force it to switch me to the US version, so it's possible to work around it despite being annoying.

Oh and for the record, whenever it switches countries the background on the homepage swaps between Autumn and Spring =D

FloatOn

How's Hammer Watch? Thinking of getting a four pack to gift to friends as a Christmas present.

I've seen this question asked quite often. I played it recently. There isn't too much to it. It's basically a gauntlet clone.

If you want a co-op hack n' slash with a little bit more meat go for either: Castle Crashers, Sacred Citadel or D&D Chronicles of Mystara.

If top down is your thing wait for a sale on Torchlight 2.

tarheel91

Vanilla Skyrim vs. Skyrim Legendary, thoughts? Also, what's the best Sleeping Dogs DLC? Year of the Snake? Zodiac? Nightmare?

Miletius

Vanilla Skyrim vs. Skyrim Legendary, thoughts? Also, what's the best Sleeping Dogs DLC? Year of the Snake? Zodiac? Nightmare?

Would like to know as well. The best DLC for SD though is debatable. I played Nightmare, it was ok -- not really that worth it IMO. Snake was out long after I was done with the game, so no comment there. Zodiac tournament is worthless.

If you had to get one I'd say YoTS since it takes place post story.

Well, there goes my wallet again.

I'm drunk and purhcased

Crysis (ROW)
3.24 EUR
Crysis: Warhead
2.49 EUR
Fable The Lost Chapters
2.24 EUR
Fallout Collection
4.99 EUR

Is this good sale?

I thought is god valu4

So pretty much bought for 12,50 or something. Pretty good dael

Good choices, great value.

I want to know whats up with the random wishlist links at the bottom. Surely Valve doesnt think anyone is going to gift games to a random stranger.

Nevermind looks like they fixed it.

Considering I havn't had a PC for gaming forever until very recently, I must say: HOLY SHIT
It's my very first steam sale and wow, this is truely incredible deals.

What's super lucky is that I had just made a wishlist on steam about 2 weeks ago consisting of:
-Sleeping Sog
-Skyrim Legendary edition
-Far Cry3
-The Witcher 2
-Fallout 3/New Vegas
-Dark Souls
-The Witcher 2

I'm also taking any recommendation GAFfers have for me! I havn't played on PC for well, forever. I had a Xbox360/PS3 all last generation and now have a PS4.

Considering I havn't had a PC for gaming forever until very recently, I must say: HOLY SHIT
It's my very first steam sale and wow, this is truely incredible deals.

What's super lucky is that I had just made a wishlist on steam about 2 weeks ago consisting of:
-Sleeping Sog
-Skyrim Legendary edition
-Far Cry3
-The Witcher 2
-Fallout 3/New Vegas
-Dark Souls
-The Witcher 2

I'm also taking any recommendation GAFfers have for me! I havn't played on PC for well, forever. I had a Xbox360/PS3 all last generation and now have a PS4.
Make sure you wait for daily deals until the last day, each game you listed will almost for sure be one sometime~

mrgone

You can probably do alright with just the vanilla game for a while, but Bethesda's being stingy with the individual DLC discounts. Financially it'd probably be better to buy the Legendary pack if you're planning on getting them all eventually. I'm not sure why they don't throw the same bone to their entire customer base and normalize the discounts. It's pretty scummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom