• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

-MD-

Or the flash deals, right? I haven't seen a daily beat a flash or the reverse. Am I remembering wrong?

I was hoping that Dragonborn would have be at least 66% off

Flash deals are 99% of the time the cheapest it'll go, think I've only seen one instance where a flash deal went cheaper for a daily.

Decado

I know the "wait for the dailies mantra", but does it still apply when games are already 75% - 80% off as part of the overall sale?

Seanspeed

Banned
Yeah tbh the main reason I haven't gotten into Skyrim yet is that the combat, to me at least, looks kinda clunky.
Its a Bethesda game still, yes. Not known for great combat and not usually why people play them. If that's really important to you, maybe stay away and save your money.

Mugatu

Guys! Assault Android Cactus (early access version) is $11.24! It's a shoot em up that's incredibly addicting. Trust me, I should know. Here are some awesome gifs.

vespula_wasp2.gif

That looks really awesome but I know I always suck at those games - quite pretty though.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yup. I bought it recently and I'm nervous about starting it since it's still unclear if progress will be saved once they get rid of GFWL.
Start it NOW. Play it.

The fact that you might not be able to in the future is more reason than ever to do it now. Especially if you've already payed for it.

Don't miss out on this game.

epaturun

Guys! Assault Android Cactus (early access version) is $11.24! It's a shoot em up that's incredibly addicting. Trust me, I should know. Here are some awesome gifs.

filamentjhs82.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

looks good - will try out demo

still want something like Resogun on PC - no PS4 for me till early 2015 :-(

Grief.exe

Or the flash deals, right? I haven't seen a daily beat a flash or the reverse. Am I remembering wrong?

I was hoping that Dragonborn would have be at least 66% off

Same thing.

Thanks for the feedback. Tbh the main reason I haven't gotten into Skyrim yet is that the combat, to me at least, looks kinda clunky.

This is the trap of Steam Sales. In an ideal world I probably would never have bought Skyrim but how can I say no to these savings!

Its crazy to me how they haven't fixed the combat since Morrowind.

Its essentially the same thing, just streamlined. Kind of a joke if you think about it.

Appreciate you're very proud of your work, but you seem to be promoting it a hell of a lot using the same 2 gifs. Sort of annoying.

Decado

Is there is a Company of Heroes 2 buying guide? It's seriously fucked up. More DLC than I've ever seen, a $100 digital collectors edition with a ton of in-game content.

Seriously fucked up. I loved CoH, but the way THQ/Sega treated this release I decided to wait (helped that it wasn't as well received and is apparently a resource hog). So is now a good time to buy (if becomes a daily)? Which version if you're only going to play single player?

Is there is a Company of Heroes 2 buying guide? It's seriously fucked up. More DLC than I've ever seen, a $100 digital collectors edition with a ton of in-game content.

Seriously fucked up. I loved CoH, but the way THQ/Sega treated this release I decided to wait (helped that it wasn't as well received and is apparently a resource hog). So is now a good time to buy (if becomes a daily)? Which version if you're only going to play single player?

The guide would simply say 'Don't buy'.

Grief.exe

Total War is looking to go in a similar direction.

Miguel81

Its a Bethesda game still, yes. Not known for great combat and not usually why people play them. If that's really important to you, maybe stay away and save your money.

I agree. I play the Elder Scrolls for the immersion and exploration, never the combat.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I just wanted to let you all know... I love horror games.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

header_292x136.jpg

Deadly Premonition Director's Cut -- MB-281971C7F6F14BCA - Taken by trailmix16. 135 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Cold Fear -- MB-B43AD4AA97C1F6BC - Taken by derExperte. 19 entrants total.

header_292x136.jpg

Outlast -- MB-ACEA9453B60339FF - Taken by Natty1. 52 entrants total.

t1385600700z1.png

Valygar

I bought skyrim as pre-order. Haven't bought dlc yet waiting for sales.

Now... Legendary edition 14€. All dlc only at 50% - 25€. Wtf Bethesda. At least do a proper -75% so I can buy dawnguard and dragon born for 10€. Won't buy a Bethesda game again until the goty legendary edition.

I actually have a -40% Coupon for CoH2, which stacks with sale discount.

Company of Heroes 2
You already own this game

We'll use your coupon for this item
Change / Remove Coupon (1 applicable)
-£6.00

£6.00 Savings from coupons
£8.99 Subtotal

Tellaerin

I just wanted to let you all know... I love horror games.

Cold Fear... that's the one set on a tanker or something? I vaaaaaguely remember trying that on the PS2 at a friend's place years ago, and I seem to remember enjoying it - I think it was Resident Evil-ish, no?

kris.

Banned
Damn you, Steam. The summer sale was too much for me. Had to bite on Skyrim for $7.49 though. Ugh. THAT'S THE ONLY ONE. I SWEAR.

Grief.exe

my poor poor wallet, are the deals typically better during the winter sale or pretty much same as to what the prices will be now?

They are going to be more or less the same this year, I believe.

The Winter sale has a larger scope and will probably have more deals and some type of metagame associated with it.

GraveHorizon

poop meter feature creep
Is Crysis 2 (or even the Crysis Collection) any good? I haven't played any of the Crysis game, so all I know is that you're a guy in a supersuit, and that you sometimes use a bow. I saw my friend playing Crysis 3 on his 360, and it looked like complete garbage.

What's weird is that Crysis and Crysis Warhead are each $5, and Crysis 2 Maximum Edition is $7.49. The Crysis Collection includes all those at the total price of $17.49, but Crysis 2-ME and the Crysis Maximum Edition (includes 1 and Warhead) together cost only $14.98.

So really, are the first two games and Warhead worth $14.98? It's a Flash sale that ends in less than 4 hours, so it probably won't go any lower.

EDIT: Enhanced Steam tells me that the games have SecuROM. It's a warning in bright red, which makes it sound bad. Is SecuROM something I should avoid? I don't have any ties to Crysis, so if it's any hassle, I won't care about dropping it.

kDCiSJy.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom