• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
my current damage

t2qAQSC.png
Is it too late to warn you that Legend of Dungeon is not good?

Bleed is super balls amazing, tho.

Li Kao

Ok, as planned I bite the bullet on Space Hulk. Very mixed reviews but hey, maybe it was just die hard fans noise. We will see. If it could bring me the tenth of the pleasure I had with this very old Space Marine game... ^_^

And Cherry Tree High Comedy Club, because. Even I don't really know so... A mix of nice anime graphics, light theme, cheap price and not hating time managing games surely.

HALF_LIFE 3 OMG LOL REDDIT BBQ%

Steam Client Beta Update - November 27th

NOVEMBER 27 - SCOTTLU

We have just updated the beta with the following changes:

Steam
• Fixed steamworks bug for upcoming feature.

wtf at 2D Dark Souls

Right, I'm the bad guy because I want to save you money.

Calm down sir, you're going to give yourself skin-failure. Just making the point that it doesn't hurt you at all if someone buys a game at something other than the rock-bottom price. Steam sales are fun!

denx

Is Crysis 2 (or even the Crysis Collection) any good? I haven't played any of the Crysis game, so all I know is that you're a guy in a supersuit, and that you sometimes use a bow. I saw my friend playing Crysis 3 on his 360, and it looked like complete garbage.

What's weird is that Crysis and Crysis Warhead are each $5, and Crysis 2 Maximum Edition is $7.49. The Crysis Collection includes all those at the total price of $17.49, but Crysis 2-ME and the Crysis Maximum Edition (includes 1 and Warhead) together cost only $14.98.

So really, are the first two games and Warhead worth $14.98? It's a Flash sale that ends in less than 4 hours, so it probably won't go any lower.

EDIT: Enhanced Steam tells me that the games have SecuROM. It's a warning in bright red, which makes it sound bad. Is SecuROM something I should avoid? I don't have any ties to Crysis, so if it's any hassle, I won't care about dropping it.

kDCiSJy.png

Crysis and Crysis Warhead are awesome. Some of the best FPS campaigns of this gen. The two big selling points of the game are the suit powers and the openess of the levels, which allows you to approach objectives in pretty much any way you like.

SecuROM is a DRM software that limits the amount of times you can install a game, hence why it's so hated. It works by giving you a limited amount of authorizations to install a game. If you're past the limit of authorizations, then you won't be able to install the game unless you contact EA or someone at Sony (the creators of SecuROM. Yeah).

That said, a lot of games have deauthorization tools, that allow you to deauthorize the install of a SecuROM game and give you that authorization back, so you can technically install the game as many times as you want as long as you deauthorize it before uninstalling it. Crysis Warhead has a 50 installations limit and has a deauthorization tool. Crysis has a 50 installations limit but doesn't have a deauthorization tool, so when you run out of installs your only choice is to contact EA's support.

Having said all that, I'd say buy them. It's unlikely you will play any of those games 50 times, and the campaign in both is awesome. So for the price I'd say go for it.

Don't know about Crysis 2 since I haven't played it.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
I am probably going to get Antichamber, but probably won't get Rogue Legacy. With a backlog the size of mine, I don't really want to buy stuff unless it's 75% off.

That in mind...

Skyrim, yes or no?

Someone sell me on Hammerwatch. Looks interesting and its cheap.
It's a good attempt to make a home version of Gauntlet (meaning, not developed with the idea of siphoning quarters).

It's slightly repetitious, par for the course given what they're copying, but enjoyable enough.

Totally worth it for $3 though if you like the idea and if you want, I'll co-op a campaign with you.

Barzul

I am probably going to get Antichamber, but probably won't get Rogue Legacy. With a backlog the size of mine, I don't really want to buy stuff unless it's 75% off.

That in mind...

Skyrim, yes or no?

Yes, best price I've seen it go for on Steam.

Chris R

I wish Dragonborn was cheaper. Only Skyrim DLC I'm interested in, might just grab the base game for now so I at least have it on PC and not just 360.

sibarraz

Banned
Well I'm sad, wanted to spend my last 3.5 dollars on another game for me, but decided to spend it on cs:go to gift it to a friend

Well, at least I could play with him instead of adding another game to the backlog

The_Monk

That in mind...

Skyrim, yes or no?

Yes fellow GAFfer. Get it and play for both of us! Even if you are grabbing the game without the DLC's, it's worth it. I'm curious to check this out on PC with the free HD Texture Pack that it is on Steam. ;)

Hmm and I assume it'll be this same price come the Winter Seal right?

If the email is to be believed (unless Valve also announced it elsewhere), then yes, the lowest it will drop (unless there is a pricing error) in the Winter Sale is the Daily Deal price. There's the possibility it will end up cheater elsewhere in the meantime though.

Colin.

Quick question about the Sonic Hits Collection. If I already have a couple of the games, would they just be skipped during the redeeming process, or would I be given the chance to gift them somehow?

denx

Hmm and I assume it'll be this same price come the Winter Seal right?

Hard to say, but if the leaked email is to be believed, Skyrim will be at the same price in the Winter sale.

EDIT: beaten. But yeah, there is the possibility that the game might be cheaper somewhere else.

GAF: Steam has Wizardry 8 on sale. I've had this on my GoG wishlist since they published it, waiting for a sale. Not on sale at GoG :(

My question: Is there any difference between Steam Wiz8 and GoG? Is it the same? Should I avoid? GoG comes with the soundtrack, which is nice, but not a dealbreaker.

(Not to mention I can buy Wiz6-8 on steam right now in a bundle for $3.74, which is cheaper than the standalone Steam Wiz8... go figure...).

I wanna take the plunge, but not if the Steam version is an "avoid" :)

denx

GAF: Steam has Wizardry 8 on sale. I've had this on my GoG wishlist since they published it, waiting for a sale. Not on sale at GoG :(

My question: Is there any difference between Steam Wiz8 and GoG? Is it the same? Should I avoid? GoG comes with the soundtrack, which is nice, but not a dealbreaker.

(Not to mention I can buy Wiz6-8 on steam right now in a bundle for $3.74, which is cheaper than the standalone Steam Wiz8... go figure...).

I wanna take the plunge, but not if the Steam version is an "avoid" :)

The game is published by Night Dive Studios, so I'll assume the Steam version is the same as the GOG version.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Quick question about the Sonic Hits Collection. If I already have a couple of the games, would they just be skipped during the redeeming process, or would I be given the chance to gift them somehow?

You're fucked. The extra copies will be eaten and you won't be able to gift them, but you'll happily pay for them.

Colin.

You're fucked. The extra copies will be eaten and you won't be able to gift them, but you'll happily pay for them.

Yep, just read the article there. It appears only very few games make use of this. As I have Adventure 2 and Transformed, I may just skip this one.

maty

Yes, great game. I already did my part, bought it on the last sale and gifted a copy today.

If you enjoy music and shmup games buy it.

thinking about buying it. does anybody know if it works with the guitar hero world tour PC controller?

I believe it should since the guitar controller option is available but I couldn't try it myself since I only have a wii compatible rock band guitar.

EDIT: Check the link posted by derExperte

avcables

Banned
Righty-ho. Two questions:

1) Anyone remember the coupon bot you friend request to get junk coupons off? He could be very useful in a sale, depending on what you want...

2) Hammerwatch - yay or nay? Time sensitive, this one.

HammerWatch looks excellent. I bought the 4-pack, have two remaining to sell. $2.55 if you're interested, let me know.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I thought retro/grade was a shmup? People are playing with plastic guitars? I guess that's awesome.

mrgone

Should I buy Hearthstone? It's the only Skyrim dlc I don't own.

I'm biased because I think Bethesda's being scummy with their Skyrim discounts, but I'd skip it. It's only $2.50 but it's not a lot of content either.

I thought retro/grade was a shmup? People are playing with plastic guitars? I guess that's awesome.
It's a rhythm game in the guise of a shmup that you're playing in reverse. It's really neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom