• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

lupinko

I bought Legendary Skyrim, but I'm too caught up playing Pokemon (which is keeping me away from ALBW >_< ).

Giant steam backlog continues. =(

Hawkie

Ahaha you're all hiding in here. Just got back in to be greeted with an assault on my wallet by a Mr G. Newell. Fantastic.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Cold Fear... that's the one set on a tanker or something? I vaaaaaguely remember trying that on the PS2 at a friend's place years ago, and I seem to remember enjoying it - I think it was Resident Evil-ish, no?

Correct, it is sort of Resident Evil 4 lite and not perfect, but I did enjoy it as well (played through it earlier this year). It mixes together some older Resident Evil and modern Resident Evil things (fixed-camera angles and an evil organization plot, deeper combat system like RE4 when you pull out your gun and parasites bursting out of enemies). I also loved how it took advantage of its ocean setting.

Divius

Is Crysis 2 (or even the Crysis Collection) any good? I haven't played any of the Crysis game, so all I know is that you're a guy in a supersuit, and that you sometimes use a bow. I saw my friend playing Crysis 3 on his 360, and it looked like complete garbage.

What's weird is that Crysis and Crysis Warhead are each $5, and Crysis 2 Maximum Edition is $7.49. The Crysis Collection includes all those at the total price of $17.49, but Crysis 2-ME and the Crysis Maximum Edition (includes 1 and Warhead) together cost only $14.98.

So really, are the first two games and Warhead worth $14.98? It's a Flash sale that ends in less than 4 hours, so it probably won't go any lower.
I've got a Crysis 2 Maximum Edition Origin key if you want it.

edit: I thought Crysis 1 was really dope. 2 was alright but took away the freedom I loved from the first one. Still worth playing if you liked the first one though.

-MD-

I just wanted to let you all know... I love horror games.

I love you.

I've never entered one of these, I wanna make sure I'm doing it right.

FaZWdfv.png

yeah?

Is Crysis 2 (or even the Crysis Collection) any good? I haven't played any of the Crysis game, so all I know is that you're a guy in a supersuit, and that you sometimes use a bow. I saw my friend playing Crysis 3 on his 360, and it looked like complete garbage.

It's a shooter that you will play and then be ultra grateful for it to be over and then never play it again....

Articalys

At the moment, just thinking on Rogue Legacy and Antichamber. Got enough of a backlog right now, though I'm pretty sure they won't go lower in any sales in the future (given that they're at 66% and 75% respectively). If only I knew the possibility of either showing up on a Humble Bundle...

I turned my wallet upsidedown, nothing fell out and this is before I bought anything :(.
I'm going to have to stretch the hell out of this 4€ of card money. I have more games to get more cards but last sale the prices on every card divebombed so I might just hang on to them.

-MD-

At the moment, just thinking on Rogue Legacy and Antichamber. Got enough of a backlog right now, though I'm pretty sure they won't go lower in any sales in the future (given that they're at 66% and 75% respectively). If only I knew the possibility of either showing up on a Humble Bundle...

Rogue Legacy is worth way more than $5. It's seriously a steal.

If the videos remotely interest you go for it. The devs deserve every dollar they make.

Cool. Thanks for the giveaway, good luck to everyone entering!

Prophane33

I'm so glad I've been selling cards like mad since the last sale. Managed to get La Mulana, and The Walking Dead, and still have money for a sub 5 dollar game. Luckily, I get paid Friday and won't have to worry about making all my steam purchases with wallet funds.

Guys! Assault Android Cactus (early access version) is $11.24! It's a shoot em up that's incredibly addicting. Trust me, I should know. Here are some awesome gifs.

filamentjhs82.gif

vespula_wasp2.gif

I don't know if I can afford it currently, but you chose those gifs very well, I'm certainly interested. How well does it run? My specifications aren't great (I'm on a laptop) and the minimum specifications seem quite low but I just want to ensure it isn't vastly understated leaving me with a poor framerate before I add it to my wishlist.

EDIT: Wait, I can't seem to add it to my wishlist. Is this because it's Early Access? I've bookmarked it instead.

Haunted

Risk of Rain and State of Decay are both so new, I don't think they'll go much lower.

I'm drunk and purhcased

Crysis (ROW)
3.24 EUR
Crysis: Warhead
2.49 EUR
Fable The Lost Chapters
2.24 EUR
Fallout Collection
4.99 EUR

Is this good sale?

I thought is god valu4

So pretty much bought for 12,50 or something. Pretty good dael