• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
FEZ is beautiful, possibly my all-time favorite game. I highly recommend it, especially for that price.

Don't be scared off by claims that you needed to be 'there when it just came out', I played it completely without the internet.

Applesauce

Boom! Bitch-slapped!
I wonder how many people jump on the dailies / flash as soon as they update the games, but before the prices update. haha

legacyzero

Banned
Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light (My GOTY) are both a MUST.

Far Cry 3 multiplayer needs a shot in the arm though. Great mulitplayer with a shitty playlist system that unfortunately cripples the perfect Map Editor that the game has. It's a fucking shame.

Why the fuck Fallout: New Vegas hasn't appeared yet. Dammit Valve, I'm the only person I know that hasn't played through the fucking thing!

:(

The_Monk

Metro Last Light is very tempting, but I must remain strong. Far Cry 3 is also decent enough if you are wondering of picking it up. I finished on the PS3 back in the day and I really enjoyed it to be honest.

Torchlight II is also a good game, I recently got to the ACT III so I hope I still have many hours left.

AlphaK

metro deal is disappointing, i bought the franchise pack on amazon for $14.

i might pick up Just cause 2 just because, how's that game on pc?

You just got gabed.

Alright...

So I was deceived into thinking their deals sucked so I wouldn't want to buy anything?

If anything it should be the other way around. Make sure your front page updates immediately and worry about the game specific one last.

Either way, I was deceived, I suppose.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Meh, nothing interesting or new.

btw Godus is a Molyneux game right? Well, it's a Molyneux game - a post-Bullfrog Molyneux game.

Grief.exe

Far Cry 3 and Metro Last Light (My GOTY) are both a MUST.

Far Cry 3 multiplayer needs a shot in the arm though. Great mulitplayer with a shitty playlist system that unfortunately cripples the perfect Map Editor that the game has. It's a fucking shame.

Damn Legacy. You are making me want to buy Last Light so badly!

I'm guessing Far Cry 3 doesn't use dedicated servers then.

Item Box

FEZ is beautiful, possibly my all-time favorite game. I highly recommend it, especially for that price.

Don't be scared off by claims that you needed to be 'there when it just came out', I played it completely without the internet.

I bought it on xbox for full price just to play it for 2 hours and forget about it, but im gonna buy it again anyway for reasons unknown

Seanspeed

Banned
The Metro: Last Light DLC is 66% off, too. Which is one is actually worth getting(if any)? Aren't a couple of them not even proper gameplay content?

Derrick01

Banned
I'm thinking about Metro at that price but I still haven't really played more than a chapter or two of the last game, and even that one doesn't run very well on my PC even though it came out before I built my (at the time) high end PC.

NBA 2k14 is tempting...

Don't. It's a barebones port of the 360/ps3 versions. You don't even get the upgraded graphics of the PS4 version.

The_Monk

Still asking for opinions about Shadowrun Returns.

I posted earlier in the thread about it fellow GAFfer, let me know if I can help you with anything else:

For those fellow GAFfers considering Shadowrun Returns I already finished the game couple of months ago so I'll post some quick impressions:

I finished the game in about 15 Hours (was expecting more). The game have a great atmosphere to be honest, I loved the art style with the futuristic characters and the narration is quite good, some conversations reads like a book.

You can't Save your game when you want but only when entering new areas. There are quite a few different ways to build your characters based on how you want to approach the game. I went for a non-violent type of character that could get away from a sticky situation by persuading but when the battle was inevitable Shotgun was my weapon of choice. Very satisfying! There are main quests and side quests. Some quest have extra stuff for you to do but it's optional.

Some people reported quite some bugs and glitches. I experienced only one while others experience many and some, none. My problem was near the end of the game when some action was not happening on a certain mission. I had to replay at least one-two hours but it could be worst since some people had game-breaking bugs, which is terrible. I have no idea how improved the game is right now since I never updated after finishing it.

You can hire some characters so you can have a team to fight, there's various combinations of weapons and magic to use.

I might be missing something, but if you are tempted, and I can help, then please, let me know and ask away.

The one time I'm finally interested in Mass Effect 2, it doesn't drop lower then $10. During the summer sale and winter sale it was as low as $5.

Hopefully it appears during a flash sale or daily deal tomorrow, or I'll have to go with the $5 origin version.

Metro Last Light is very tempting, but I must remain strong. Far Cry 3 is also decent enough if you are wondering of picking it up. I finished on the PS3 back in the day and I really enjoyed it to be honest.

Torchlight II is also a good game, I recently got to the ACT III so I hope I still have many hours left.

How is Far Cry 3 I know people here don't like the main character but how's the rest of the game ?

Is there still a community for the first game ?

In my experience of playing it about a month after Payday 2 came out, not really. There were some pretty high level dudes that I got in a match with, but it wasn't a totally great experience. If you have friends, maybe buy a 4 pack together and do it that way. Otherwise, get Payday 2. Or better yet, wait for winter sale for a better discount on Payday 2.

jediyoshi

Alright...

So I was deceived into thinking their deals sucked so I wouldn't want to buy anything?

If anything it should be the other way around. Make sure your front page updates immediately and worry about the game specific one last.

How many days are we into this? There's half a page of people telling you the sitch and another half that give the all clear.

And no, for everyone's sake it's probably better they not advertise prices they're not actually immediately readily available for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom