• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn Legacy. You are making me want to buy Last Light so badly!

I'm guessing Far Cry 3 doesn't use dedicated servers then.

Last Light was a let down for me personally, it is ridiculously more linear than 2033, I'd value it at $5 at this point. Great graphics and atmosphere aside, the game is just so linear it pains me.

Tizoc

There we go~
So I'm thinking of getting at least Darksiders 1 since I really liked the PS3 ver.
Has DS2 ever had like a complete ver. of it go on sale for $15 or less? Should I wait for a Darksiders collection to pop up at $15 or just grab DS1 right away?

mileS

All I'm waiting for is DmC. but I just did a search and noticed that its still $49.. hmm I'm guessing the chances of seeing it discounted at all this sale are slim, yet alone a daily deal. It would already be discounted by a bit if it was no?

legacyzero

Banned
Metro:LL 66% off, now we're talking

Any of its DLC worth picking up?

Only the Faction pack is worth it. Especially one part of it that has you searching the wastes of Moscow for valuable items. It's amazing.

I'm guessing Far Cry 3 doesn't use dedicated servers then.

DO IT.

Last Light was a let down for me personally, it is ridiculously more linear than 2033, I'd value it at $5 at this point. Great graphics and atmosphere aside, the game is just so linear it pains me.

This post is incorrect. There are linear portions, sure, but the game opens up quite a lot in various sections for you to explore.

And no, but I've never seen any bad lag with it. Still a damn shame though :(

DukeBobby

The Metro: Last Light DLC is 66% off, too. Which is one is actually worth getting(if any)? Aren't a couple of them not even proper gameplay content?

The Chronicles Pack and Faction Pack are the only two worth getting. Neither of them are all that great, though.

Colin.

Only game of interest I don't have is Godus, but I can wait for that. If you only have the base game for Civ V, the gold upgrade is also 75% off.

Derrick01

Banned
How is Far Cry 3 I know people here don't like the main character but how's the rest of the game ?

Typical open world ubisoft game full of pointless activities and collectibles and also full of RPG elements that weren't balanced at all. It locks typical FPS activities like cooking grenades behind a pointless XP and level up system because people like filling bars and feeling like they're accomplishing stuff even though it's just unlocking shit you already start with in every other FPS ever.

MarionCB

I'm definitely picking up Endless Space at some point!

Hmm, why is Portal 2 in the Daily Deal when it's been that price the whole sale?

Has there been any news of when the next episode for The Wolf Among Us is supposed to be coming out? It looks good but I don't really want to have to wait for all of the episodes like I ended up doing with TWD. At least if the second episode was out or coming soon, I'd probably jump on it now.

Really hoping The Swapper goes on a daily or flash deal too.

KDR_11k

I should stop buying games when they come out so there's something for me to get when the sales come around... Haven't bought a single game from the sale yet though I did get some stuff from other pages (ShinyLoot, Indie Royale)

Lain

I got Far Cry 3 Deluxe on UPlay from that Gamestop 8$ for the whole Far Cry collection mistake. I wouldn't mind having it on Steam, but the price is still too high to double dip on it.
Now, the discount hitting Blood Dragon too.... that's interesting, though I hope Amazon price matches that so I can get it there >.> Every € saved matters.

Edit: Wait, Amazon doesn't have a steam code per Blood Dragon.... damn QQ

Dr Dogg

Meh, nothing interesting or new.

btw Godus is a Molyneux game right? Well, it's a Molyneux game - a post-Bullfrog Molyneux game.

Tis indeed but considering I loved Populous back in the day and now the kickstarter moaning has died down I might bite at this price.

Hubb

Worth going for the Deluxe Edition of far Cry 3?

Do you want to play multiplayer and or co-op? No? Then no. Speaking of FarCry 3 I just picked it up myself. That looks like it for today though. Wish Brave New World was 75% off, come on winter sale.

ggnoobIGN

Banned
Can't remember if I have Just Cause or not. Are the Flash Sales really 8 hours long or is that a mistake? Got to wait four hours til I get home to buy.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
,,,,wait, really? That's... extremely annoying.

Yeah, I'm not entirely certain of the logic there. Cynically, you might say that it's an attempt to coerce people into purchasing the upgrade options from Phoenix's own store.

DukeBobby

Typical open world ubisoft game full of pointless activities and collectibles and also full of RPG elements that weren't balanced at all. It locks typical FPS activities like cooking grenades behind a pointless XP and level up system because people like filling bars and feeling like they're accomplishing stuff even though it's just unlocking shit you already start with in every other FPS ever.

Summed it up perfectly.

I had some fun (on the first island, at least), but it's plagued with the usual Ubisoft crap.

Blood Dragon for $5? Bought.

Is Fez ok on PC? I remember rumblings of it being a broken mess at times on 360 with Fish refusing to pony up Microsoft's "fuck you, pay me" tax on patching.

Vamphuntr

I posted earlier in the thread about it fellow GAFfer, let me know if I can help you with anything else:

Thank you for the impressions. The save system and the glitches have me worried a bit. Would you say the game is a worthy successor to the SNES/Genesis game?

Slyjss

The one time I'm finally interested in Mass Effect 2, it doesn't drop lower then $10. During the summer sale and winter sale it was as low as $5.

Hopefully it appears during a flash sale or daily deal tomorrow, or I'll have to go with the $5 origin version.

Since the launch of Origin EA has been changing the offers on Steam Sales and they keep getting worse and worse. You only need to see that Dead Space 2 at 7'5 € as a Flash Sale. I had to buy ME2 for almost 7 € on Summer Sales after it had been less than 5 on the Winter Sales of 2012.

The_Monk

How is Far Cry 3 I know people here don't like the main character but how's the rest of the game ?

I think many people don't like the main character because he's seen as a rich "dudebro" if you know what I mean.

I found the game to be fun to explore. You can see many of the Assasins Creed influence: There's outposts to liberate (which you can be 100% stealth or guns-crazy) and you need to climb to some Tower Radios so the map can be updated with more quests.

You can do bounty-hunts, hunt animals and there's a decent variety of weapons to choose from. The main story was interesting enough for me and in the end you can have a choice on what to do based on a certain decision that I won't spoil you. I played on the PS3 back in the day, when I had it, which meant 30 FPS but I won't complain about that. If it helps, it was one of the very, very rare games that I did complete 100% (Platinum) and it was worth it for me.

The Multiplayer was fun but did not grabbed me for long. No idea how active it is on the PC version.

If there's a more direct question that you think I may help feel free to post it and I will try my best to answer you fellow GAFfer!

An-Det

Was waiting for the Metro deal so I can pick up the season pass and other dlc cheap. It'll go along nicely with my $.01 copy of Last Light. Hopefully we get better deals on Far Cry 3 in the winter sale, I've been waiting for a $10 FC3 deluxe + Blood Dragon bundle.

There we go~
So I'm thinking of getting at least Darksiders 1 since I really liked the PS3 ver.
Has DS2 ever had like a complete ver. of it go on sale for $15 or less? Should I wait for a Darksiders collection to pop up at $15 or just grab DS1 right away?
Yes there has been a ton of deals in the past for the Darksiders franchise. A couple that come to mind are the Humble THQ Bundle and the various deals on Amazon DVG that Tony has had for Darksiders games. Better deals than this for sure, but then again, there is no guarantee that we will see more deals like those for the game. Hope this helps.

didamangi

Plus the stealth and knifes mechanics are pretty op, I played the game on the hardest setting and it's a cakewalk, turns out there's a ranger mode difficulty but it's a freakin dlc.

Having said that, the great atmosphere, graphics and sounds really carried the game till the end at least.

Momentary

Banned

Man I felt the first game was just as linear.

The game is definitely a step up from the first one for me. The gunplay in this one was more satisfying also.

This post is incorrect. There are linear portions, sure, but the game opens up quite a lot in various sections for you to explore.

And no, but I've never seen any bad lag with it. Still a damn shame though :(

Open up, sure, like go off to the side for 2 seconds and/or explore a swamp with an arbitrary time limit by way of gas masks. The game holds your hands and removes the controls enough/ makes you follow npc's and takes gameplay out of the equation so much it's stupid.

I love the series and you won't find a larger advocate of Stalker and Metro style games, but Last Light was pretty bad.

legacyzero

Banned
Far Cry 3 is a perfect example of how TERRIBLE Ubisoft is. They have ZERO understanding of the word potential. A lost like this.

They can have a game where EVERYTHING could go perfect. Perfect story, perfect gameplay, perfect concept. They they proceed to procedurally fucking it up.

Happens every FUCKING time.

Blood Dragon for $5? Bought.

Is Fez ok on PC? I remember rumblings of it being a broken mess at times on 360 with Fish refusing to pony up Microsoft's "fuck you, pay me" tax on patching.

The 360 version was fine; it just had a game breaking glitch that affected something like 3% of users. Also, it later came out that the "fuck you, pay me" tax had been removed months prior and Fish was just trying to bullshit his way out of it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sonic All Star Racing Transformed is apparently 2,50 at Nuuvem:

http://www.nuuvem.com.br/produto/1082-sonic-and-sega-all-stars-racing-transformed

What was the deal with Nuuvem again? How do I do this again?

Make an account if need be, add the game to your cart, and check out. Only certain items on Nuuvem are restricted to Brazilian customers (you'll get a pop-up notice upon attempting to add such a game to your cart informing you, in English, that the game is unavailable) and Sonic Racing, like Castlevania and Final Exam, isn't one of them.

Turfster

And the yogscast page is up now.
The TF2 item is a $5 minimum if you didn't give during the leak yesterday, gtames are 25$ as expected.
(the item is up for those of us that gave yesterday)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom