• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Enco

Has anyone here bought from Nuuvem before?

They have some great prices but how legit are they if you're buying from the UK/US?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Has anyone here bought from Nuuvem before?

They have some great prices but how legit are they if you're buying from the UK/US?

Nuuvem is legit. I've purchased around six or so titles, all without issue.

Teknoman

Is Payday 2 good (I have no friends)?

Throw some GAF group people an invite or join the Payday 2 gaf community (im sure there is one).

Im so close to Metro, but then I dunno if I could run maxed @ 1440x900 (or 1080p on TV) without any problems.

Then again i havent had any issues with any other recent PC games.

It's basically a Steam-like client made by EA, yeah. They have also some games by other companies, but nothing even close to Steam. The games from EA are way cheaper there, since the base price is sometimes half the one on Steam. If you buy the game in Origin you can only play it on Origin, although some games bought on Steam can be redeemed on Origin.

Thanks. I think I might just wait for it to get lower on Steam, or another site has it lower.

I like having all my games in one place so I like to get as many games on my Steam library as possible.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The only purchase I regret this sales is papers, please. I really dont get the gam. :( Good thing it was cheap.

You are a worker for border control of a Soviet-like authoritarian government. The border is being open for the first time since a war with a neighboring country. Each day you are charged for rent, food, and heat. You are paid per person you let through the border. You are punished for letting through people who should not be let through. The rules arbitrarily change. You need to make decisions between letting people in or not based on whether or not their documents are fraudulent. To do this you need to review their documents. This is fairly easy but it is difficult to keep track of all the rules and because the amount of space you have is limited, you have to constantly shuffle things around to be able to check stuff. The longer you take, the fewer people you can serve in a day which is bad for your ability to pay rent and keep your family alive. But the faster you go, the more likely you are to make errors--errors that could get you fined, fired, or arrested. You might get a case that breaks your heart, like a husband who gets through and a wife who can't. Do you let her through? If you have a heart, of course you'll be moved, but what if she's a terrorist and blows herself up just on the other side. It's a constant tug-of-war. Of course... given the cruelty of the government you work for, is it even a bad thing if you work to help people undermine it?

It's a political comment on the heartlessness that arises from the bureaucratization and routinatization of totalitarian thought; it's a social comment on what happens to an individual put into a situation with no good options; and it's an interesting game that tests attention to detail in a way that most games don't.

Now you get it.

KarmaCow

How's the single player in Payday? Suppose I should try the demo before the sale ends.

Non-existent basically. It's the same as the multiplayer but with 2 crappy bots (instead of three team mates) who wont do anything but maybe shoot enemies. Think Left 4 Dead, but even worse.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Thanks.

Paypal blocked my account after trading with a GAFfers so I'll have to think about opening another with those fucks.

You can also pay using your debit/credit card, but of course as Nuuvem is based in Brazil and you're presumably not there's a possibility you'll need to ring your bank to confirm the transaction.

Half of those are vista's that you look out from whilst standing on said linear paths, another is a staircase(read linear path), and 2 are open areas totally devoid of anything save an arrow to head to on your map, which you will want to go because of the annoying as hell gas masks of the game. I enjoy gas masks and having to find filters, but not on those open sections which honestly were so welcome that I just wanted to stay there for a second and actually explore, mechanics be damned. I can make more run on sentences rebuking all your points, but it would really start spoilerizing the game for people.

LL only does the gas mask right in some indoor segments that actually correlate with real gameplay elements.

Anyways 2033 is far better, but LL has stunning graphics, better gunplay, and it's great ride.

sibarraz

Banned
If it has a 1/4" audio jack (like an electric acoustic), then yes. However, keep in mind that you'll need the "RealTone" cable, which is a special 1/4" to USB cable that is used for the game.

Will be worthy? I had an electric acoustic too, but don't know if the game is designed for it

You are a worker for border control of a Soviet-like authoritarian government. The border is being open for the first time since a war with a neighboring country. Each day you are charged for rent, food, and heat. You are paid per person you let through the border. You are punished for letting through people who should not be let through. The rules arbitrarily change. You need to make decisions between letting people in or not based on whether or not their documents are fraudulent. To do this you need to review their documents. This is fairly easy but it is difficult to keep track of all the rules and because the amount of space you have is limited, you have to constantly shuffle things around to be able to check stuff. The longer you take, the fewer people you can serve in a day which is bad for your ability to pay rent and keep your family alive. But the faster you go, the more likely you are to make errors--errors that could get you fined, fired, or arrested. You might get a case that breaks your heart, like a husband who gets through and a wife who can't. Do you let her through? If you have a heart, of course you'll be moved, but what if she's a terrorist and blows herself up just on the other side. It's a constant tug-of-war. Of course... given the cruelty of the government you work for, is it even a bad thing if you work to help people undermine it?

It's a political comment on the heartlessness that arises from the bureaucratization and routinatization of totalitarian thought; it's a social comment on what happens to an individual put into a situation with no good options; and it's an interesting game that tests attention to detail in a way that most games don't.

Now you get it.

So in other words I should buy it on the Winter Seal.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
How's the single player in Payday? Suppose I should try the demo before the sale ends.

You aren't buying Payday for the singleplayer, just like you aren't buying Left 4 Dead for the single-player.

Anything above easy/normal is going to be a pain in the ass by yourself/with bots.

legacyzero

Banned
How necessary are the story DLCs for Darksiders 2 and Metro:LL?

For Metro, they aren't. Most of the DLC is viewing certain main story events from another prospective, or tiny morsels of situational levels that last literally minutes. TOTALLY not worth it.

The only one that is any kind of good is the Factions pack which have a few REALLY good levels.

Tempted to buy Torchlight 2. Any opinions on it? Does it stay fresh or turn into a stat building grind fest?
I found it intensely boring, in terms of loot-oriented ARPGs you can find on Steam I'd recommend Titan Quest Gold instead, or if you're looking for something more recent and of smaller scale then The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing.

xBladeM6x

Scumbag Call Of Duty.

JgqnkmL.png

MRORANGE

What I find weird in modern game design is that lens flare, chromatic aberration, vignetting, stupid silly shallow DOF and HDR is seen as good things.

Grief.exe

If it has a 1/4" audio jack (like an electric acoustic), then yes. However, keep in mind that you'll need the "RealTone" cable, which is a special 1/4" to USB cable that is used for the game.

There is also a DIY way to do it, a quick Google search should turn it up.

Kanokare

For Metro, they aren't. Most of the DLC is viewing certain main story events from another prospective, or tiny morsels of situational levels that last literally minutes. TOTALLY not worth it.

The only one that is any kind of good is the Factions pack which have a few REALLY good levels.

Thanks. I'll probably save my 2 dollars and watch any story segments on Youtube then.

What I find weird in modern game design is that lens flare, chromatic aberration, vignetting, stupid silly shallow DOF and HDR is seen as good things.
Don't forget motion blur! In fact one of my favourite things about PC gaming is usually being able to remove those effects or at least greatly reduce them. I like my games looking clean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom