• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kanokare

Yep, just read the article there. It appears only very few games make use of this. As I have Adventure 2 and Transformed, I may just skip this one.

I'm currently asking if the one on Amazon will be separate keys. Amazon will be PMing everything on Steam sales.

derExperte

I thought retro/grade was a shmup? People are playing with plastic guitars? I guess that's awesome.

No, it's more a rhythm game. Time moves backwards and you suck the shots back in by flying up and down and pressing the fire button at the right moments. Hard to explain. Which is probably why it flopped so badly.

maty

I thought retro/grade was a shmup? People are playing with plastic guitars? I guess that's awesome.

It's a mixture of both. From the right side of the screen come the notes you need to play while from the left come the the missiles/lasers you need to avoid.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell

avcables

Banned
Righty-ho. Two questions:

1) Anyone remember the coupon bot you friend request to get junk coupons off? He could be very useful in a sale, depending on what you want...

2) Hammerwatch - yay or nay? Time sensitive, this one.

HammerWatch looks excellent. I bought the 4-pack, have two remaining to sell. $2.55 if you're interested, let me know.

mrgone

Thanks! :)

But it says nothing about the PC Guitar... or are the Controllers for the consoles and PC the same (Guitar Hero World Tour)? It is one with it's own USB wireless receiver and I'm pretty sure that windows does not recognized it as a standard X360 controller...

I've just been using the wired USB guitar that came with Guitar Hero for the 360 - the game recognizes it as such and controller and guitar players score on different leaderboards.

steam PLEASE Im not really for a sale :*(

You could probably skip this one for the winter sale without missing anything, if that helps

derExperte

Thanks! :)

But it says nothing about the PC Guitar... or are the Controllers for the consoles and PC the same (Guitar Hero World Tour)? It is one with it's own USB wireless receiver and I'm pretty sure that windows does not recognize it as a standard X360 controller...

Is the USB receiver the same as the one for the 360 controller? Then I see no reason why it shouldn't work. I can't imgaine that everything works except the PC guitars.

bengraven

Fuck, 50% off on WELCOMETOTHEDNDWORLD Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow of Mystara.

WELCOMETOTHEDNDWORLDWELWELWELWELCWELCOME

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Fuck, 50% off on WELCOMETOTHEDNDWORLD Dungeons and Dragons: Shadow of Mystara.

WELCOMETOTHEDNDWORLDWELWELWELWELCWELCOME

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.

Says this while I go work on Nano. ;_;

bengraven

25% on Call of Duty 2.

Once more, Activision, you fucking won't let me double dip for less than $7 on this game. You KNOW I can get it for 5 bucks, shipped, from Amazon right? I just want the Steam version.

Plzbasedvalvefuck

NERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRD.

Says this while I go work on Nano. ;_;

Shit, I'm writing a fantasy western novel - you can't get much nerdy than that. :p

You know you want to meet me on Steam with two others and we can compare magic missles.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
I've just been using the wired USB guitar that came with Guitar Hero for the 360 - the game recognizes it as such and controller and guitar players score on different leaderboards.

Yeah, but i have a wireless guitar that came with the PC version of GH World Tour, thats why i asked if the PC and 360 Guitars are the same :)

Is the USB receiver the same as the one for the 360 controller?

I don't know :p

I will just buy it tomorrow and test it, at worst it's just another backlog game i will never play cause this game really seems like it needs to be played with a guitar for maximum fun

JDHarbs

I'm trying really hard to sit this sale out, but I know there is going to be a daily that I'm not going to be able to resist.

Woorloog

Banned
Skyrim LE for 13.50€ is attractive but it might become a daily/flash (i doubt it though, it's a pack), and i have no idea whether the game actually runs on my laptop. Sure beat min requirements but recommended? Not sure (GT630M, Core i5-2450M, 6GB memory), especially with a few mods on top of the game+DLC, not graphics mods but still.

XShagrath

Rogue Legacy looks like all I am going to buy tonight.
Bought it today and played a little bit. It's awesome, just like everyone says! Well worth the $5.

I'm in $50 so far this sale. Tomorrow's Amazon deals are going to put further hurt on my wallet, as well as whatever else Gabe throws at me the rest of the week. Oh well. YOLO!

Sarcasm

I live in SE Asia (Taiwan) but I see USD prices....only thing that happens sometimes is some games aren't shown due to region blocking which the website I use to see.

Is it true that SE Asia typically gets cheaper prices?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm actually pretty glad they got rid of the "community choice" sales, but I wish they would have found something to replace it with.

dani_dc

There's nothing interactive this time, is there? No badges or anything I see or am I missing something?

Unfortunately not, I always enjoyed the more dinamic sales with acheivement hunts and the such, gave me a chance to look at games in different lights, try new games or give some games second chances.

Also kept me busy in between sales, and something extra to look foward in the next updates.

bengraven

This is basically going to be my "DLC Holiday Run". I just bought $5 of Sleeping Dogs stuff (the things I want) and now I'm waiting for the 75/80% Bordlerlands 2 sale so I can get my Hot For Teacher Maya Skin and the Headhunter packs.

My only big purchases (must be at least 50% off, but will wait for 75%):

- Far Cry 3
- Dishonored GOTY
- DnD

-Deimos

Is there a chance that Thief Gold will have have a flash sale? It's already pretty cheap but I'll wait if it goes even cheaper.

Bought it today and played a little bit. It's awesome, just like everyone says! Well worth the $5.

Nooo...trying to stay out of this sale but all these positive impressions are making my buying finger itch.

I'd probably buy Skyrim LE if it were 75% off, but it's not. Hope my willpower stands for the rest of this year at least lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom