• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

25% on Call of Duty 2.

Once more, Activision, you fucking won't let me double dip for less than $7 on this game. You KNOW I can get it for 5 bucks, shipped, from Amazon right? I just want the Steam version.

Plzbasedvalvefuck

Newegg and Amazon both recently did sales on the Call of Duty franchise.

You could get MW1 and COD2 for $5 each. Still too expensive, but among the cheapest I have ever seen them.
Activated on Steam as well.

derExperte

Seeing as the flash sales usually already mean a sale for the whole series, all of its different permutations, and dlc already, I doubt we'd see them specifically doing a separate sale on LE.

Didn't something like this happen during summer sale? Even with Skyrim?

159b6f0385385718e2ee74d5d11c226c.gif

Kimi Raikononen?
sticker,375x360.u1.png

MRORANGE

Okay, OP updated:

ibkoowLbsgUD6X.png

jwMDm8qcHY3Y8.png

ibpqA2qOoduE5q.png

j24ubgdf8BUQo.png

iv8VSr6rxIXrT.png

There are no community votes for this sale.

ibcg36PcljEs0f.png

There are no publisher packs for this sale.

iXxpDKVv70cld.png

There are no indie packs for this sale, you can find all the indie games here.

i2Hrcd9wQnwyG.png

There is no special event for this sale.

ibrZrFcPa3JFqe.png

Golden Rule::

Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.
Only buy games that go on a daily/flash deal - hold out until the last day to buy the rest of the games you wanted.

How do I use Modbot?! - Read this tutorial or watch this JIF.

Any extensions to use while using Steam site in a browser? - Enhanced Steam

Use Steamprices to check prices in different regions, in most cases Russia and SE Asia have the best deals. Steam trade
is helpful here in getting the games (NOTE DO NOT USE A VPN, steam are very harsh about using proxies to get games
from other countries) if you have someone in another region gifting the game to your account is fine, some gaffers
are up for gifting to other regions (look below) If you want to be added to the list, send a PM.

Steam now allows people to trade games now, it's very secure and faster than the old gifting system, there is also a steam
trading thread. bear note that items lower and rise in value depending if they go on sale or not (some tf2 items are quite
valuable try not to get ripped off! check prices!) & avoid trading a game for a CD key!

Use the wish list function in steam, put all the games you want in the wish list, check your wishlist if the game is on sale.

Use steam wallet, Steam wallet is a quick & easy to add money to your steam account for purchases down the line, it's
instantaneous so you won’t have problems like you do with PayPal & banks. You use multiple sources to fund your steam wallet.

If something goes wrong with your transaction do not send a chargeback on your card, it can lead to getting your steam
account suspended - use the steam support service to tackle any problems you may have.

you now have 24 hours usually after the new daily deals to get the games from the previous daily deal.

Packs allow you to buy several copies of the game, these are great for giving out as gifts or trading or selling, if you do intend
to sell them off please use a secure method of payment and list users who are going into the deal.

The game you may want might be cheaper on another service, use steamgamesales to see the cheapest prices.

iMwdRlFXUQQtk.PNG

You can ask these gaffers to buy you a game from a cheaper region.

Please remember: buyer must cover the Paypal charges and exchange rates means your are paying a different price.
If you wan to be added to the list, send me a PM with the region you live in.

North America:

gabbo

Asia:

Europe:

South America

ijdbrx42oHkw3.png

ibtF9t6yZ7RN2R.png

RIP SalsaShark.... the lure of the 3DS was too much.
mole_popout1.gif

Feel free to use this:

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

kulapik

Man, you can get Skyrim on Russia for 2.33 keys but it's RU only ;_; any place where get it cheaper? I'm not paying 7.50€.

bengraven

Newegg and Amazon both recently did sales on the Call of Duty franchise.

You could get MW1 and COD2 for $5 each. Still too expensive, but among the cheapest I have ever seen them.
Activated on Steam as well.

Not that expensive, those are two of the only three CoD games that I love (1, 2, MW1) so I'm hitting myself for not knowing that.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Seeing as the flash sales usually already mean a sale for the whole series, all of its different permutations, and dlc already, I doubt we'd see them specifically doing a separate sale on LE.
I know, thats why i was saying it won't get any cheaper :)

Li Kao

By the way, I bought Space Hulk, like I said. And the game had very mixed reviews. But I'm all hey we will see... turns out that since the release day you can't remap the controls. Yup. Remap.
I'm no PC elitist but never have I felt the urge to let go of a game so quickly. Subtitles ? What's that ? Remapping because some people use azerty keyboard ? You're joking ? No no, we will make a bunch of DLC, that's it, a bunch of DLC.

Hmm... hard to say. Amnesia was really disturbing but more because of certain elements of lore than pure scare. I would say Amnesia though, but each one are pretty scary.

i watched a playthrough for outlast
it didnt even phase me
just crazy guys
naked crazy guys
crazy preacher
and nanomachines(im not joking)

Slyjss

I don't know if I should put this here as it is related to Steam but not the Sale, but the main thread is closed so... Humble Bundle has enabled Google Wallet again. Good news for people like JaseC or myself that preferred it over Paypal or Amazon.

I don't know if I should put this here as it is related to Steam but not the Sale, but the main thread is closed so... Humble Bundle has enabled Google Wallet again. Good news for people like JaseC or myself that preferred it over Paypal or Amazon.
About dang time. It isn't a huge hassle because amazon was still there, but I prefer Google Wallet over the other options for sure.

bengraven

I would really love a free-roaming horror game.

State of Decay is pretty fucking awesome, but after you beat the game a couple times it doesn't have that endurance.

avcables

Banned

State of Decay is pretty fucking awesome, but after you beat the game a couple times it doesn't have that endurance.

Isn't the DLC that drops tomorrow going to enhance this? It sounds like an endless survival mode but with progression that you control. Not tons of new content, but at least a new mode to enhance the replay value.

Keep an eye on Nether. It is a work in progress but it shows promise. The Forest might also deliver one day.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
As best as I can tell, this is currently the best priced "pack" on Steam that contains the most games I don't already own (currently none).

Why the f am I planning on picking this up when I know full well I'll never play any of this trash? :)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Because you have a wife or daughter that REALLY like Nancy Drew?

Or you secretly want to be a girl detective? Nothing wrong with that.

mrgone

Yeah, but i have a wireless guitar that came with the PC version of GH World Tour, thats why i asked if the PC and 360 Guitars are the same :)

I don't know :p

I will just buy it tomorrow and test it, at worst it's just another backlog game i will never play cause this game really seems like it needs to be played with a guitar for maximum fun

Oh! Crap, I'm not sure. Supposedly it works with all three consoles' wireless guitars (360, PS3, and Wii - feels weird having to specify that now :) ), and I'm just guessing, but I imagine Activision reused the PS3 guitar for the PC as the hardware's already available and they'd avoid paying license fees to Microsoft for their wireless tech. At worst you still have a fun rhythm game that works fine with a regular controller.

morijaun

Neo Member
Are the Commandos games any good? They are currently pretty cheap.

Yes! I didn't play Commandos 3 but the others are awesome. The games are hard and frustrating at times if you are not good, but I really enjoyed them. If I remember well, for the first title you will need a cpu freezer or a patch, as the game runs fast. The expansion and 2 runs well in my experience. For that price, I say go for it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Because you have a wife or daughter that REALLY like Nancy Drew?

Or you secretly want to be a girl detective? Nothing wrong with that.

That actually made me laugh out loud. My daughter is 17 and would never have anything to do with Nancy Drew. She's more of a Sherlock (with Benedict Cumberbatch, duh) or Doctor Who fangirl and wouldn't be caught dead playing these either.

Li Kao

Sounds like Metal Gear Solid. >.>

Edit: Spoiler-tagged the quote for Li Kao. : )

Nice of you. I finished the game and like I said I'm one of the people who think the end isn't really good. But good or not you don't spoil the end of a game where part of the interest is unraveling the mystery.

Edit - And thank you too, Lelouch !

Sober

Come on, nobody knows what the rest of the sales are.

Any chance = yes.

Do we seriously have to do this every steam sale?
We should just tell people to buy it whenever the hell they want, so they learn the lesson the hard way when the discounted price rolls over the next day.

jshackles

Why can't I hold all these "any chance" posts...!

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - There's Always A Chance Something Will Be Cheaper Soon

Dex815

Rogue Legacy bought.

Waiting for daily deals of Shadow Warrior, Deadly Premonition, Metro Last Light Season Pass, The Wolf Among Us, Rise of the Triad, Papers Please and Brothers.

BTW, if you still don't have it... Bad Rats 0,39€.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom