• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrgone

What's with some of the DLC discounting? Sword of the Stars: The Pit - 75% off. The two DLC packs individually - no discount. The Gold pack with all the DLC and the base game - 25% off. I was hoping to at least grab the Mind Games DLC during this sale.

There's a Two Tribes bundle

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/29144/
Edge, Rush and Toki Tori & Toki Tori 2+ - Save 77%

Edge, Rush and Toki Tori are all 90% off individually

Weird that it's cheaper to buy the bundle including Toki Tori 2+ than it is to buy the game alone. I wonder if that means it'll be a daily at some point

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Just a quick flash giveaway with a few spare keys:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Xotic -- MB-2C7B4F2591724A59 - Taken by outunderthestars. 3 entrants total.
Dungeonland -- MB-77FBE2CDB7CACDDB - Taken by Purkake4. 1 entrants total.
Knights of Pen and Paper Plus 1 Edition -- MB-F5F2F097F5580866 - Taken by wetflame. 10 entrants total.
The Showdown Effect -- MB-2BEFC5F3605D9129 - Taken by Divius. 2 entrants total.
Magicka -- MB-E61A1BA79EE9B257 - Taken by FauX. 6 entrants total.

t1385597865z1.png

Grief.exe

I apologize for not being a long time hardcore GAF-user. This is the first time I use NeoGAF during a sale.

We just see it every Steam Sale, posts just get lost in the noise due to people spamming, 'is there any chance...'

Trying to nip it in the bud early.

I don't know why, but I have the hardest time waiting until the last day of the sale. I so want to buy Proteus, but I know to wait. still... I wants it! :D

Faabulous

Yes! I didn't play Commandos 3 but the others are awesome. The games are hard and frustrating at times if you are not good, but I really enjoyed them. If I remember well, for the first title you will need a cpu freezer or a patch, as the game runs fast. The expansion and 2 runs well in my experience. For that price, I say go for it.

Grabbing the pack then. Thanks mate.

The_Monk

I apologize for not being a long time hardcore GAF-user. This is the first time I use NeoGAF during a sale.

There's no need to apologize fellow GAFfer, no problem. It's just that it is a ver common and repeated question when Steam-sales happen. Some people do it for fun/trolling purposes others are really new. Sometimes it's hard to distinguish.

If there's something you don't know, this is a great place to learn about the Steam Sales. I'm sure we can all help you. You already learned the most important thing regarding how much cheaper can a game go so just check the thread every now and then and I'm sure you will have most of your questions quickly answered. Also, always check the very FIRST post, that will help you a lot, believe me.

I hope you can have a great Autumn Steam Sale and manage to get some decent titles for yourself, enjoy! ;)

Kvik

Hmm... hard to say. Amnesia was really disturbing but more because of certain elements of lore than pure scare. I would say Amnesia though, but each one are pretty scary.

Amnesia > Outlast > Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs

Well then. I haven't really finished Amnesia either (partly because I'll be cowering in the corner every time it makes noises)

Ok, sold.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
So, Thomas Was Alone at $250. Think it'll hit $1 or should I just get it now?

MRORANGE

I'm going to bed soon but:

iMwdRlFXUQQtk.PNG

You can ask these gaffers to buy you a game from a cheaper region.

Please remember: buyer must cover the Paypal charges and exchange rates means your are paying a different price.
If you want to be added to the list, send me a PM with the region you live in.

North America:

gabbo

Asia:

Europe:

South America

Damn so it seems that Advent Rising, Bloodrayne 1 and 2 will never be on sale, sooooo it's time to buy them! There's a chance they remove them from steam!

Dr Dogg

Hmmm I'm wondering if the gamble of picking up some cheap cards and crafting the odd badge or 2 might pay off. There have been some crazy vouchers just recently.

Li Kao

Ok, I think I'm calm enough to relaunch Space Hulk after the no remapping nonsense. Really strange, I've never been too strict on my games requirement, I'm no snub at all, but this was, after the bad reviews and months of waiting in the hope that some patchs would have been released... it was like a giant fuck you.
Am I wrong in thinking this option is like a matter of minutes ? Maybe little hours ?

bengraven

Isn't the DLC that drops tomorrow going to enhance this? It sounds like an endless survival mode but with progression that you control. Not tons of new content, but at least a new mode to enhance the replay value.

It will be worth a playthrough, but not the price. For $7 you get a mode that:

- makes you a random character (not a big deal since nearly every character in story mode is a throwaway, potentially random character)
- removes the story and turns it into a pure sandbox (story is already minimal)
- lets you restart the map on higher difficulties each time you run out of resources. (the same map, though it tries to tell you "we discovered a new area", you're basically restarting the exact same small map).

Doesn't seem worth it.

Check out the Forest, and to a lesser extent, Don't Starve.

Keep an eye on Nether. It is a work in progress but it shows promise. The Forest might also deliver one day.

I actually have the Forest on my radar! And I love Don't Starve, but I'm talking about a Silent Hill kind of free roam.

Basically I would love an eerie, modern day abandoned world that DIDN'T have zombies.

Like a fucking Mist video game. God yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom