• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRORANGE

Sleeping Dogs is the spiritual successor of the Shenmue series.

Proof:

Shenmue:

i9cxtOPDGV5cc.gif

Sleeping Dogs:

i1sgYe07dMFmk.gif

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was about to make a post about price histories.

Everything should be working now, the server is under a bit less load and I've been working with my hosting company to have the resources on my server beefed up temporarily (for a price).

I'm starting to wish I'd paid $6 for the Hothead Games bundle, this is the second sale in a row that I know of that the first two Penny Arcade games haven't been discounted at all.

Card Boy

Banned
Which sleeping dogs dlc is worth it?

Year of the Snake (1.5hr to 3hrs length)
Nightmare in North Point (1.5hrs length)
Zodiac Tournament (45 min lengh)
Dragon Master Pack (extra races, cop missions, martial arts missions and some costumes/cars)

Total cost $5.36

Ok, so I bought sleeping dogs forever ago, and I have never installed it. I see it's now 80% off (DLC included) so my question is: what DLC is actual "content". There's a list of like 20 DLC's but most (all?) seem like silly cosmetic items.

Is there any gameplay DLC?

Whools

My new policy has become if I spend more time deciding whether or not to play the game than I probably would playing the game, I shouldn't get it. I am not very good at sticking to this rule.

Grief.exe

It's always the popular games that get voted.

Honestly, this.

The most popular games always get selected even though they have been on sale multiple times. The voting is just broken at this point.

Or change the way the voting system works. For example, all three titles are discounted during the voting period, but the most popular game gets an extra 8 hours at the sale price.

derExperte

Gas Guzzlers Extreme got a demo*. Now please a daily, seems to be a fun but overlooked action racer that's actually good.

*The Night of the Rabbit too

Yeah in theory it is a good idea, in practice it is mostly a waste of time.

Honestly, this.

The most popular games always get selected even though they have been on sale multiple times. The voting is just broken at this point.

Or change the way the voting system works. For example, all three titles are discounted during the voting period, but the most popular game gets an extra 8 hours at the sale price.
Yeah, the only good thing about it is that no one would miss the sale.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Tell me, is the Halloween DLC good?

Nightmare in North Point is pretty fun. Worth playing through after you finish the campaign for a laugh, but nothing great.

If you decide you don't want to play it then just watch Giant Bomb's quick look. Just as a warning, though, Law of the West isn't included in the Steam version.

FloatOn

I think Phosphor did the official World War Z game for iOS and Android, but not The War Z, unless Hammerpoint changed their studio name along with their game name.

ah. that may be what threw me. sorry for the misinfo.

Nether hasn't been getting positive buzz though.

I entered at the last moment. Thanks for being the resident gaf horror aficionado Dusk.

Weens

Neo Member
Honestly, this.

For past sales the community choice definitely got me in-front of the computer more often than I would have been otherwise.

Not that I was purchasing the vote winners which had been on sale countless times before, but definitely was making other purchases.

Dr Dogg

Tell me, is the Halloween DLC good?

Well do you like Big Trouble In Little China? If so you'll love it.

Do you enjoy a bonkers what if scenario that doesn't take itself to seriously? You might like it if RDR Undead Nightmare was your thing.

Do you like dlc with an hours length of content with no replayability and all your main game upgrades not carrying over? Speaks for itself.

Bottom line it's an acquired taste. I loved it but others think it's pretty bad despite liking the main game.

mrgone

ah. that may be what threw me. sorry for the misinfo.

Nether hasn't been getting positive buzz though.

I entered at the last moment. Thanks for being the resident gaf horror aficionado Dusk.

Yeah, Nether's definitely pretty rough at the moment. Like maybe it shouldn't be sold in early access yet rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom