• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

rtcn63

Quick question about Dead Space sequels. I've heard that part 3 is trash? Is this true and how so?

And lastly, how is the second one compared to the first?

The third makes compromises in certain areas- you can only carry two weapons now (some capable of a secondary fire), but they're "customizable" due to an all new a build-a-bear- I mean gun mechanic. Considering you could have 3 (4?) in the previous titles and they all had secondaries, IIRC, it's a step down.

There are side quests you can do for extra "loot" (mostly materials used for gun-building), that usually end in you fighting waves of enemies that appear faster than even your strongest weapons can shoot. Game is, I believe, designed around co-op, hence the monsters en masse, as they're meant for two.

The story is bad. It's really really bad. And some insta-kill climbing sections that go on for too long. Oh, no manual saves, and the checkpoints suck. Still a decent game if you have a friend.

Salsa

Why didn't you get a job making hats?

this is the first time in my 24 year old life where I'm doing a non-film / music related job on an actual office like you know, cliche work and dude people live like this dude why dude dude

its just for a couple months for extra dough for the summer and to finance some crazy shit that's been happening in my life wich involves kinda falling in love with a Venezuelan chick who is also a Grammy nominated singer and pursuing it and some other stuff i'm sure I'll derail you people with later

I'll be back to my usual repressed steam fueled self soon enough, it'll be depressingly great and we'll party

zkylon

zkylewd
this is the first time in my 24 year old life where I'm doing a non-film / music related job on an actual office like you know, cliche work and dude people live like this dude why dude dude

its just for a couple months for extra dough for the summer and to finance some crazy shit that's been happening in my life wich involves kinda falling in love with a Venezuelan chick who is also a Grammy nominated singer and pursuing it and some other stuff i'm sure I'll derail you people with later

I'll be back to my usual repressed steam fueled self soon enough, it'll be depressingly great and we'll party

grammy pfff

chronomac

Wait. Wait. Wait.

Really?

Quick question about Dead Space sequels. I've heard that part 3 is trash? Is this true and how so?

Long story short, the third game is a sort of ok action game. The problem is it is too long and gets boring fast with little to drive it along. The biggest crime is it completely nullifies the main hook of the series which is cutting off limbs. Early on you will build guns that one shot enemies in the chest and it is all downhill from there.

I'd avoid it.

The second game? It improves on the first in many ways and preserves the core experience. The issue is it doesn't offer anything new and the story added is kind of garbage (explains things that don't need to be explained). So ultimately you still may not enjoy it as much as the first.

Almighty

Well looks like I am late to the sale. Here is hoping I can find something nice, but between the steam sale earlier this year and the recent GOG one I am pretty much set.

derExperte

Sounds like the beginning of the biography of a Prison Architect inmate.

Nvm, I just asked my dad and I might be able to participate tomorrow. Assassin's Creed 3, Deadly Premonition, Alone in the Dark, etc. Here I come :D

-Deimos

It's a great co-op action game, apart from the shitty checkpoint system. A terrible horror game.

Kinyou

happydisappointeducklz.gif

Oh yeah, time to check the new flash dea-

denx

Eeh, Gone Home is nice at that price, but I gotta prioritize the stuff in my wishlist. Maybe in the Winter sale.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Gone Home is 75% off
Super Meat Boy is 80% off
RPG Maker VX Ace is 75% off
Prototype 2 is 75% off
Damn, I want Gone Home. That means I'll have to buy it now :/

I have a copy of The World Ends With You flying across the US at this very moment. I shouldn't be buying more stuff.

Derrick01

Banned
This new batch of sales reminds me that I still haven't even tried RPG Maker and I've had it since the summer sale. I'll need to get on that...

So how's the PC version of Prototype 2? I heard 1 was an awful port but I liked the game and I'd like to try this one out.

Lautaro

This new batch of sales reminds me that I still haven't even tried RPG Maker and I've had it since the summer sale. I'll need to get on that...

So how's the PC version of Prototype 2? I heard 1 was an awful port but I liked the game and I'd like to try this one out.

It's good but I consider it slightly inferior to the first one (no armor power and felt shorter too).

The main character is hillarious though.

RPG Maker tempts me (I'm kind of busy with Unity... I don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom