• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.
That really sounds like an overheating GPU.

Yah it kinda does but could that game really be that demanding even after trying to play with all settings turned down? And more demanding than anything else I play like Skyrim that Ive modded to hell? And what's the solution if it is?

(Off topic, I know. Sorry about that.)

Lingitiz

Is gone home really a good game? I heard is like an hour or two long...

I finished it in an 1hr 30 but I thought it told a better story than pretty much any $60 game this year. It definitely stuck with me as a really memorable experience.

It's only 5 bucks anyways so there's not much to lose.

Oublieux

Yah it kinda does but could that game really be that demanding even after trying to play with all settings turned down? And more demanding than anything else I play like Skyrim that Ive modded to hell? And what's the solution if it is?

If it happens with just Sleeping Dogs, it's probably another issue. If it's occurring across some heavily taxing games, then it's most likely a GPU issue. I'd quickly check to see if the GPU fans are running and use a program to double check temperatures. If that's not the case, it might be the game files; try verifying the cache through Steam as well.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

It's Steam related and could affect others who may purchase the game based off the current sale.

Just to make sure of something, you didn't download the High Resolution Texture Pack did you? If so, deactivate it and try again.

MKUltra

This is my first Steam sale and I already feel guilty for buying so many games I have no intention of playing right now and I've only bought Skyrim, Gone Home, the Two tribes bundle and Trine.

Grief.exe

Aww Grief you are playing Arkham City! That makes me happy.

I'm really feeling it right now, having a blast.

Hopefully I can beat it before I head over to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up the PS3 bundle with Last of Us.

Waiting for Deus Ex HR and Arkham origins and splinter cell to hit 50% off.

Human Revolution will get much cheaper than that.

This is my first Steam sale and I already feel guilty for buying so many games I have no intention of playing right now and I've only bought Skyrim, Gone Home, the Two tribes bundle and Trine.

I only buy games that I am going to play right now anymore. That is the only reason I am hesitating on Gone Home.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
I made up a little rpg for a creative writing thing. I was impressed with the package to be honest.

This is actually why I'm mostly interested. I want to give it a shot to see how well I can translate my writing to the old school RPG mechanics. Twine was a blast to use. It let me concentrate almost completely on the writing side of things and only the bare minimum of coding to do some custom work and borrowing others' scripts to enhance the experience. As someone who can't tolerate much coding at all but would love to work on interactive versions of their stories, RPG Maker and the like are very welcomed.

I'm really feeling it right now, having a blast.

Hopefully I can beat it before I head over to Best Buy tomorrow and pick up the PS3 bundle with Last of Us.

If you just saw Talia then you are maybe 50-60% through. Although when I play I get all the Riddler trophies and side missions I can up to what my abilities are. So you could be farther along if you aren't getting those.

If it happens with just Sleeping Dogs, it's probably another issue. If it's occurring across some heavily taxing games, then it's most likely a GPU issue. I'd quickly check to see if the GPU fans are running and use a program to double check temperatures. If that's not the case, it might be the game files; try verifying the cache through Steam as well.

Yeah, its been about a year since I gave up on it and Ive been playing all sorts of games since. Pretty sure the fans run but Ill look into it and the temperature business again. Thanks.

It's Steam related and could affect others who may purchase the game based off the current sale.

Just to make sure of something, you didn't download the High Resolution Texture Pack did you? If so, deactivate it and try again.

I did download it. Like I said, its been a long time since Ive played it so I cant remember if I tried to deactivate it and try again. I feel like that was something I did try but Ill give it another shot.

Salsa

wait are steam cards gonna be cheaper during this America let's-celebrate-insane-consumerism-by-having-a-work-free-national-holiday-to-buy-shit thing

-Deimos

Aside from performance issues, how is Prototype 2? I enjoyed the first one, for reference.

Edit: The reviews are pretty good, I'm gonna bite.

denx

btw venezuelan chick's name?: Saoirse Ronan

c4Awfpu.gif

be careful saying that around the Saoirse club

I put in a lot of time into RPGMaker 95 and XP years ago, but I haven't used any since. What sort of improvements are there in this version? Is it worth it?

That said, I'm working on learning enough Python to build a text based RPG from scratch, but I remember having tons of fun with RPGmaker.

Anyoone knows how are the ports of Lord of Shadows and Injustice? I´m interested in both.
The Lords of Shadow port is fantastic. Although it nearly requires a controller. Okay-ish graphics options, although no texture options. Runs on a toaster. FMVs are gross, but that might not bother you that much.
did some smartboys fix deadly premonition for controller support?
IIRC it just got patched with native controller support.

Sajjaja

The Lords of Shadow port is fantastic. Although it nearly requires a controller. Okay-ish graphics options, although no texture options. Runs on a toaster. FMVs are gross, but that might not bother you that much.

IIRC it just got patched with native controller support.

RUNS ON A TOASTER? I HAVE A TOASTER!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom