• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

State of Decay is 13.39

Is it worth it or should I wait for lower price??

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

Zia

Totally bought Thief II and Critter Crunch as regular old, not daily or flash sales. Feelin' kind of gross.

my god do these sale threads move fast.

I'm so disappointed I'm going to be busy this week and won't be able to be here seeing all the 'should I buy this' and 'will this go cheaper' posts.

not

oh yeah. Rogue Legacy get. 100% bought with card money. sogood.gif

UnrealEck

State of Decay wasn't ready for release on PC. They did it anyway. Maybe it'll be a finished product when the DLC comes out. But I'm not holding my breath.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hahahah running Wizardry 8 through steam won't work... but if you copied its contents to another directory and run it from there, it will.

Also I still think RPGM sucks because your characters are still stuck to genericRPG humanface

Alucrid

Banned
Why not both?

gone home ure drunk

Rogue Legacy if you have to decide

Only got 5.50 in my wallet. Was thinking Rogue Legacy since it'll last a bit longer than Gone Home. Unless the story is really that great.

Gone Home if you want something that defies genre and expands the medium.

Rogue Legacy if you want something mechanically fun and interesting.

I don't know what I want. I want gaf to tell me what to want. Considering how long I have to play Gone Home, a short but great experience, is looking much better.

rtcn63

Rogue Legacy focuses on grinding to progress, at least for me who generally sucks at these sort of titles. Pretty fun overall, but definitely could get repetitive quick if you're looking for something more hardcore.

Only got 5.50 in my wallet. Was thinking Rogue Legacy since it'll last a bit longer than Gone Home. Unless the story is really that great.

ROFL OMG i have the exact same amount atm
difference is i pulled an all nighter via PR to get a $20 steam card rdy for the sale
just need Guacamelee+They Bleed and ill be happy till winter sales

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
The sale already ruined what was supposed to be a Guild Wars 2 night, and this is only the first day. Not to mention the money, but right now I think time is more important.

No time to play games when the time comes for a Steam sale.

denx

The sale already ruined what was supposed to be a Guild Wars 2 night, and this is only the first day. Not to mention the money, but right now I think time is more important.

No time to play games when the time comes for a Steam sale.

haha I know. I was planning on playing FEAR or Rayman Origins tonight but it seems I'll be glued to this thread discussing sales and such.

Also I still think RPGM sucks because your characters are still stuck to genericRPG humanface
That and the fact that it seems impossible to tweak the systems without knowing a decent amount of programming. I wanted to put some tanks with stun bomb launchers and guns in there.

UnrealEck

How exactly is not ready? I can deal with the jank if it's similar to the console version.

Runs like crap, has poor mouse and keyboard support, in game menus were (and to an extent still are) half-assed and yeah, I think that "jank" if you're talking about the juddery panning of your camera, then that too.

It's not terrible but it definitely doesn't strike me as a finished product.

Edit - and it runs very poorly too for a game that looks very sub-par.

Grief.exe

anyone have rainbow six vegas on steam? it wont start.

Game Doesn't Start

With some Windows 7/8 installations, the game will not launch when using the normal startup options (e.g., Steam, Start Menu/Desktop Shortcuts). To fix this:

Fix Startup Fix • Link
Navigate to the game directory (Steam: "$\steam\steamapps\common\rainbow six vegas\Binaries").
Locate the file named "R6Vegas_Launcher.exe".
Rename or Backup file and remove it from the folder.
Locate the file named "R6Vegas_Game.exe".
Rename to "R6Vegas_Launcher.exe".
Start the game normally.

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Rainbow_Six:_Vegas

Hip Hop

How does Skyrim run on PC for those that have it? Is it will optimized? Good amount of things to explore?

Figured I should go ahead and purchase it with my Steam Wallet account. I'm a huge fan of the Fallout games and there are similarities with the gameplay. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before.

Sajjaja

How does Skyrim run on PC for those that have it? Is it will optimized? Good amount of things to explore?

Figured I should go ahead and purchase it with my Steam Wallet account. I'm a huge fan of the Fallout games and there are similarities with the gameplay. I've never played an Elder Scrolls game before.

PC is the definitive way to play Skyrim. It is the best version.

Import?
We don't celebrate Christmas here. And we don't have sales.

Import fees, delivery fees, exchange rates, tracking. I don't trust the postal service enough either. It's just too much of a hassle to do cross border online shopping with delicate products.

mannerbot

Eh, Gone Home is tempting but I think I'll wait until the Winter Sale to see how much buyer's remorse there is from people who are getting it now (assuming they play it...).

Shinypogs

Picked up the LE for skyrim, even if it ends up available for cheaper down the line this seemed like a decent price. I might pick up some other things if I can sell more of my diretide loot. Ty dota 2 for being full of items I don't need or want.

KarmaCow

Runs like crap, has poor mouse and keyboard support, in game menus were (and to an extent still are) half-assed and yeah, I think that "jank" if you're talking about the juddery panning of your camera, then that too.

It's not terrible but it definitely doesn't strike me as a finished product.

Edit - and it runs very poorly too for a game that looks very sub-par.

Ah that's a shame, guess I'll hold off on it then.

I see there's a lot of DLC for sprite packs and such, how's the support for custom art importing? I know an artist I'd like to work with so being able to import assets for anything would be awesome. Hopefully it isn't just an in-engine editor type thing.

Yeah it is fine. I grabbed a rabbit sprite sheet and images off random sites and imported them in. If you can do all that you don't need any DLC. I can't :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom