• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Card Boy

Banned
Reviews haven't been too kind. Can't say for sure since I never played it but the feeling I got from these was that it was a good adaptation... of a bad game. Well to be precise, not exactly terrible, just an 80's game that should have stayed there.

It's a very faithful adaptation of an old boardgame and people seem to either like it or really hate it. I enjoy it but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. The gameplay itself consists of nothing but clicking. You roll a character by clicking to roll dice for his stats. You then select equipment for him. (On easy you see what you are selecting, on harder difficulties that info is hidden from you so while you may know you've chosen a hand to hand weapon or a gun, you've no idea which specific gear you've chosen until you actually begin.)

You then click your way thru 2 decks of 54 cards, each card represents an environment which contains either nothing, an enemy, or an event (mostly traps.) When you encounter an enemy, you can either attempt to shoot it, if you have a gun, or fight it hand to hand. Combat is also resolved via clicking to roll dice, of course. The deck is stacked against you, literally. It's designed to be hard as hell and the random nature of it all means you will die, a lot. Often in frustrating ways. But it is beatable even on hard mode and in my mind it's sort of casual in a way. You can run it in a window and just focus on it for a few turns, then get back to whatever you were doing, then go back to it for a few more turns when you have a spare moment.

I have gone from very excited to uninterested :(

AsylumX

I own Skyrim, If I purchase Skyrim LE would I receive an extra copy of skyrim to give to somebody and be able to keep the DLC?

Try buying it as a gift, you may get one gift for each. I don't think it will work but you got nothing to lose, so why don't you give it a chance...

Try buying it as a gift, you may get one gift for each. I don't think it will work but you got nothing to lose, so why don't you give it a chance...
That could work. Honestly I think it should just be on the store page if a game will spit out a gift copy if you own part of the pack (or just fracking do that all the time!)

Edit: Zach says. . . ?

fernandes

I think you only get it as one item even when buying it as a gift and storing it in your inventory. There's no way to split Steam bundles unfortunately.

Aitor

Do not know if this was posted earlier just got an email from indiegamestand:

Happy Turkey Day everyone! Today’s Deal is for the "monstrous" indie hit, Papo & Yo for Windows on Steam.
Please note that this game is currently only available through Steam so there is $1 minimum on this deal. Beat the average to get the game’s soundtrack on Steam as well.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Since I had to modify the post with the giveaway to mention that two of the 'mystery' games were Deadly Premonition...

Congrats to firehawk12, tauke, and gabbo for winning Deadly Premonition: Director's Cut. Entry #1 of DP had 44 entrants, entry #2 had 60 entrants, and entry #3 had 50 entrants. Almost like some strange little social experiment.

Modbot hasn't given me the Outlast results yet, but congrats to whoever wins that too~

EDIT: "Birbo claimed your Outlast key. There were 25 entrants"

You just send ModBot the entry code right? The bit about 'the entire line below the corresponding game' implies you include the name of the game too.

Sajjaja

For Sajjaja it's "Computers, Electronics", $7.99 per shipment,$1.99/lb per item.

I'm waiting for AMD to unveil their Kaveri processors before I start building anything. Yes yes an APU but damn it I'm on a budget. Also gives me time to save a few more bucks.

novenD

Congrats to all the winners!

Another shout-out for Dusk is in order for his absurdly generous giveaways. Thanks again man.

RM8

Guys, guys, I know the rules. But if a game I want is on sale for $3.5, it'd still be a good idea to wait for it to become a Flash Sale or Daily Deal, right? :p

So today I bought: Sleeping Dogs, Skyrim Legendary edition and The Witcher: Enhanced edition.

I can't wait ti'll tomorrow's daily deals, see if The Witcher 2, State of Decay, Dark souls, Far Cry 3 or whatever else that looks real nice are on it. I,m starting to see what all the big fuss about steam sale is now! xD Amazing prices!

I'm still wondering which Skirim mods to get tho, too many to choose from haha.

Sajjaja

Guys, guys, I know the rules. But if a game I want is on sale for $3.5, it'd still be a good idea to wait for it to become a Flash Sale or Daily Deal, right? :p

bunk-the-wire.gif

Kind of pinching pennies at that point but if would not hurt to wait unless you really really want to play right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom