• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
haha I know. I was planning on playing FEAR or Rayman Origins tonight but it seems I'll be glued to this thread discussing sales and such.
I can't read a good thing about F.E.A.R. without thinking: a) "you're a smart person, and I like you already"; and b) "I feel like replaying it again, but I shouldn't".

I also used to think c) "F.E.A.R. 3 is the worst thing that humanity ever made, after cheese", but after trying it in co-op a few days ago I sadly realized it can be pretty fun. Which is a shame, because I liked to criticize the game almost as much as I disliked playing it.

KarmaCow

Just a reminder Batman: AO will be 20bux tommorow on amazon.

Is there some list of all the games going on sale, preferably one that is nicely organized?

Also, is there anything about the sales being recycled for the Winter(/Summer?) besides that leaked email? Because it'd be kinda odd if Valve just stretched all the sales for this one week event for across the two week version shortly after.

Card Boy

Banned
for everyone away from family this holiday ;_;

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gone Home- -- MB-CDA910CF6CE3751B - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 59 entrants total.

t1385620726z1.png

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I may burn a few edges here and there and the bread may not taste the same but....isn't bread still bread no matter which toaster you toast it with?
Better than starving, I suppose.

I need you to play the other Dead Space games and take more screenshots. The wizardry is fascinating.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
Ah that's a shame, guess I'll hold off on it then.

He might be talking about how the game ran when it first came out. Several game patches and video driver updates have literally doubled Skyrim's performance since it's release.

Some of the most popular and easy to install mods are the ones that give it a more PC friendly UI.

Mouse acceleration...Is still there, sadly. You can alleviate but not totally get rid of it.

KarmaCow

www.reddit.com/r/GameDeals/wiki/amazon/sale#wiki_starting_11.2F22.2F13

I am eyeing these tomorrow.

Batman: Arkham Origins $19.99
Dead Island Riptide $7.5
Sonic and SEGA All-Stars Racing Transformed $4.99

Thanks. I guess the only thing I'm waiting for outside of Steam is the Payday 2 sale on Friday then.

He might be talking about how the game ran when it first came out. Several game patches and video driver updates have literally doubled Skyrim's performance since it's release.

Some of the most popular and easy to install mods are the ones that give it a more PC friendly UI.

Mouse acceleration...Is still there, sadly. You can alleviate but not totally get rid of it.

That was for State of Decay.

I grabbed Thief and Wizardry without waiting for dailies, because they're so damn low already. As soon as I finish Deadly Premonition I'm moving into my first replay of Thief since around the time it came out.
Ooo, I might rebuy these if they're that cheap. I have the first two on disc (with no way to install them on Windows 8 as far as I can tell) and Deadly Shadows on Xbox...

Anustart

Just throwing this out there boys! I'm willing to make the trade of a lifetime! My 2 organ trail cards, organ trail background, scribblenauts background, kerbal summer sale background, organ trail zombie emote, camel emote from scribblenauts AND, that's not it! Also :postcardf: for Sleeping Dogs.

This deal won't last!

In other news, I fixed my Fallout 3 crashing problems, so they guy who wants to see a video of the magic doors will get to once I get back to that area!

chronomac

Just played Gone Home for about an hour. Stopped for a breather because I got a little stuck but I'm liking it.

Anyone else having issues with the game running, for like of a better term, like crap? It booted into 1080p with all graphical options on and was seriously dragging. So I turned all that off and bumped it down to 720p and it's not a whole bunch better. It takes forever to turn around and the frame rate is awful.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I really doubt old games like Wizardry would get lower. $3.75 on all 3 games is a catch.

Again though - if "Wiz8.exe has stopped working" copy the folder and paste it elsewhere. For some odd reason running the game through Steam causes problems.

Card Boy

Banned
All the XCOM games + DLC minus the new expansion is 10bucks on Amazon
Enslaved Premium Edition is 10bucks

Thank you based Tony.

denx

I can't read a good thing about F.E.A.R. without thinking: a) "you're a smart person, and I like you already"; and b) "I feel like replaying it again, but I shouldn't".

I also used to think c) "F.E.A.R. 3 is the worst thing that humanity ever made, after cheese", but after trying it in co-op a few days ago I sadly realized it can be pretty fun. Which is a shame, because I liked to criticize the game almost as much as I disliked playing it.

But cheese is delicious. :(

Against my better judgement I went ahead and used the rest of my card money on Rogue Legacy. Hopefully I won't regret it (lol).

Good luck with that.

I was thinking of buying a new car, should I get it now or wait to see if it's a daily?

I may burn a few edges here and there and the bread may not taste the same but....isn't bread still bread no matter which toaster you toast it with?

Should have gone with "my toast is more cinematic"

Li Kao

How is Chainsaw Warrior? It looks like a good boardgame.

Reviews haven't been too kind. Can't say for sure since I never played it but the feeling I got from these was that it was a good adaptation... of a bad game. Well to be precise, not exactly terrible, just an 80's game that should have stayed there.

dont think im gonna bother using PR tommorrow
gonna try out these new games i bought+ Guacamelee hopefully if it goes flash/daily next
Dust+Ninja can wait till Winter sales

Talyn

How is Chainsaw Warrior? It looks like a good boardgame.
It's a very faithful adaptation of an old boardgame and people seem to either like it or really hate it. I enjoy it but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. The gameplay itself consists of nothing but clicking. You roll a character by clicking to roll dice for his stats. You then select equipment for him. (On easy you see what you are selecting, on harder difficulties that info is hidden from you so while you may know you've chosen a hand to hand weapon or a gun, you've no idea which specific gear you've chosen until you actually begin.)

You then click your way thru 2 decks of 54 cards, each card represents an environment which contains either nothing, an enemy, or an event (mostly traps.) When you encounter an enemy, you can either attempt to shoot it, if you have a gun, or fight it hand to hand. Combat is also resolved via clicking to roll dice, of course. The deck is stacked against you, literally. It's designed to be hard as hell and the random nature of it all means you will die, a lot. Often in frustrating ways. But it is beatable even on hard mode and in my mind it's sort of casual in a way. You can run it in a window and just focus on it for a few turns, then get back to whatever you were doing, then go back to it for a few more turns when you have a spare moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom