• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tenrius

I feel asleep extremely early yesterday and missed the sale start. No good deals for me so far. I feel that I'll be saying this a lot, since I already own most of everything I actually ever wanted on Steam!

Grief.exe

I believe there are still some places selling Dirt 2 keys that activate on Steam.

Some people were discussing it in the Steam thread. I don't have more information since I wasn't very interested.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The question is, does the new app listing mean that if you wanted a Steamworks copy of either game you would need to buy it again?

Not necessarily; it's entirely possible for Codemasters to hand out free copies to those who own the previous apps. If the apps are what people are hoping them to be, I just hope the originals aren't yanked from user libraries.

I hope my Sleeping Dogs foil card sells, if it does then I'll have made $2.00 from selling most of my cards I got. Which I had a ton of trading card type cards that sold for a lot.

Hopefully Deadly Premonition becomes a daily deal or flash sale, because I've been wanting to play that game for a while. A horror open world game, it's like the game was made for me. Assassin's Creed 3 I just want because I want to play a new Assassin's Creed, and Alone in the Dark is the only horror game I could find that's 3rd person.

Not necessarily; it's entirely possible for Codemasters to hand out free copies to those who own the previous apps. If the apps are what people are hoping them to be, I just hope the originals aren't yanked from user libraries.
Yeah, that would suck big-time. Fingers crossed, I 'spose.

I know a lot of people are generally cynical about the engine, but at 17 bucks RPG Maker seems like a pretty awesome toy to mess around with. Someone talk me into/out of it.

DasFool

Just discovered PaPo y Yo is 75% off, 3.75. Opinions? I've heard good things and I guess I don't mind being out 4 bucks if it isn't great.

It's a neat little adventure game with an oddly personal theme. You can definitely do much worse for 4 dollars. I'd say give it a shot.

JaseC

Okay, I have to admit. She was pretty cute in this.

tumblr_mtzjeagABI1rthb3xo2_250.gif

Yeah, that would suck big-time. Fingers crossed, I 'spose.

Squeenix set the precedent by removing Order of War: Challenge from subs back when it shut down the servers. It's since been re-added to the Challenge-specific subs (2936, 3078 and 4033), but has yet to reappear in the subs pertaining to the original Order of War (which, back in the day, came with Challenge).

Definitely picking up Antichamber and Rogue Legacy. May double dip on Skyrim, as I bet the PC version will have a visual leg up on the 360 version, plus its been long enough that I could play through it again

Squeenix set the precedent by removing Order of War: Challenge from subs back when it shut down the servers. It's since been re-added to the Challenge-specific subs (2936, 3078 and 4033), but has yet to reappear in the subs pertaining to the original Order of War (which, back in the day, came with Challenge).
Good ol' Squeenix. . . In this case I don't think that there would be such a weird loophole to adding the sub to people's accounts, but we'll see.

tauke

Bought 400 Days DLC for The Walking Dead and just completed it.

Also didn't expect to get the Deadly Premonition DC key giveaway. Thanks Dusk Golem!

KiDdYoNe

So, where's Salsa?

Yesterday got Hammerwatch, and it's kinda not what i expected. Thought it's gonna be like campaign or something, but seems like just "go thru levels and do stuff". Plus i never saw leveling up, if the game has any. Played it for 20 minutes tho, so maybe i wrong. But the game is cool, i think that coop will deliver bunch of fun on latest levels.

Antichamber and Gone Home are so much BUY IT NOW, but i think i'll wait for a Winter Sale. Need to get some gifts with my credit card money :/ or who knows, maybe cards will sell... :)

I'm waiting for AMD to unveil their Kaveri processors before I start building anything. Yes yes an APU but damn it I'm on a budget. Also gives me time to save a few more bucks.
I want to see what you can do to modern hardware with your godlike tweaking skill.

denx

So, where's Salsa?

Look a couple of pages back.

Talking about games that are not on Steam, the lack of Hitman Contracts, SC Pandora Tomorrow, Wolfestein 2009 and Enemy Territory Quake Wars to complete their franchise collections feels like an itch that I can't scratch. It's super annoying. :/

JaseC

But this is the Spring sale
in the southern hemisphere

Haha, I knew that was coming. ;)

Good ol' Squeenix. . . In this case I don't think that there would be such a weird loophole to adding the sub to people's accounts, but we'll see.

There are two ways Codemasters could approach the situation:

- Remove the original Dirt 2 and Fuel from the original subs and replace them with the GFWL-free versions (applies to everybody; original versions are yanked entirely), or
- Make new subs for the GFWL-free versions (for future owners) and also add the apps to the old subs (for current owners; the original versions are left intact)

I'm waiting for AMD to unveil their Kaveri processors before I start building anything. Yes yes an APU but damn it I'm on a budget. Also gives me time to save a few more bucks.
My laptop's APU is surprisingly competent. I wanna say it's a Richland? A10-5745M. I imagine the desktop ones are even better with faster CPUs and GPUs.
There are two ways Codemasters could approach the situation:

- Remove the original Dirt 2 and Fuel from the original subs and replace them with the GFWL-free versions (applies to everybody; original versions are yanked entirely), or
- Make new subs for the GFWL-free versions (for future owners) and also add the apps to the old subs (for current owners; the original versions are left intact)
I'd personally rather have it replace the current subs, I'd rather not have two copies of the same game in my library. You might feel differently though.

It did a ways back, yeah. Is there any reason to want it over Dirt 3? Or I guess in addition to. (BTW, been playing it some, and. . . Where have I been this generation? sogood.gif)

But Dirt 3 has GFWL as well, doesn't it?

Dirt 2 > Dirt 3. I didn't even notice it was taken off the store. I don't like having dead games in my library, so I hope they do something about the GFWL infection it has.

AMD's APUs are pretty decent. One of my kids uses an APU (A10-6800) and it runs great for a bargain box.

Cth

It's a very faithful adaptation of an old boardgame and people seem to either like it or really hate it. I enjoy it but I knew what I was getting into before I bought it. The gameplay itself consists of nothing but clicking. You roll a character by clicking to roll dice for his stats. You then select equipment for him. (On easy you see what you are selecting, on harder difficulties that info is hidden from you so while you may know you've chosen a hand to hand weapon or a gun, you've no idea which specific gear you've chosen until you actually begin.)

You then click your way thru 2 decks of 54 cards, each card represents an environment which contains either nothing, an enemy, or an event (mostly traps.) When you encounter an enemy, you can either attempt to shoot it, if you have a gun, or fight it hand to hand. Combat is also resolved via clicking to roll dice, of course. The deck is stacked against you, literally. It's designed to be hard as hell and the random nature of it all means you will die, a lot. Often in frustrating ways. But it is beatable even on hard mode and in my mind it's sort of casual in a way. You can run it in a window and just focus on it for a few turns, then get back to whatever you were doing, then go back to it for a few more turns when you have a spare moment.

What he said.. I tried the iPad version and it was a lot of fun, but it's like a roguelike in the randomness and difficulty.

Felt like playing a Judge Dredd type game in a way.

I'd say it's worth the $2.49.

Played some Rogue Legacy.

Fucking genius.
I'm having a blast with it. So well done, the 'traits' mechanics are neat and add a lot to the experience. Even if you get a messed up knight, you still have a good time trying to collect all the gold possible. Also, it's hard. That's good.

Go get it if you haven't yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom