• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Autumn Sale Thread 2013 - 3% Discounts Sale but no Shark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
I know that feel. I shouldn't have bought Viva Pinata and the Zen Pinball weekly over the weekend. Ah well, one day it will be mine.

My problem is that I gift half of my steam wallet away and I cant add anything else.
KuGsj.gif

Played some Rogue Legacy.

Fucking genius.
I'm having a blast with it. So well done, the 'traits' mechanics are neat and add a lot to the experience. Even if you get a messed up knight, you still have a good time trying to collect all the gold possible. Also, it's hard. That's good.

Go get it if you haven't yet.

I went in knowing nothing about the traits. They were awesome. The game is so hard though. I suck so bad.

Echoplx

Anyone having issues with gamefly? I put in an order last night and it's still "under review". Usually it would come though by now.

In a rare turn of events not only have I played a game that I bought in a steam sale (Gone Home) but already beat the game.

Wow that was a very very cool game. I wasn't sure what i was getting into, since by the nature of the game you can't explain too much w/o spoilers, but I like what they were trying to do. Indie games are such the pallet cleanser from the usual set of games. I love having the mix of both

People wanting a little different game/adventure game pick it up during the flash deal. Good stuff

In a rare turn of events not only have I played a game that I bought in a steam sale (Gone Home) but already beat the game.

Wow that was a very very cool game. I wasn't sure what i was getting into, since by the nature of the game you can't explain too much w/o spoilers, but I like what they were trying to do. Indie games are such the pallet cleanser from the usual set of games. I love having the mix of both

People wanting a little different game/adventure game pick it up during the flash deal. Good stuff

This is awesome to hear. Grabbed Gone Home, Rogue Legacy, Papo Yo and am hoping for a steeper deal on Brothers yet. This is exactly how I've felt playing a lot of games lately and I'm excited to try some new stuff.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Was Viva Pinata on sale somewhere? I have a copy tied to GFWL store but it wont activate.

Viva Piñata right click>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity.

If it isnt on Steam IDK.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'd personally rather have it replace the current subs, I'd rather not have two copies of the same game in my library. You might feel differently though.

Oh, definitely. ;) (If there were no key redemption issues, it would have been too late to make changes to the GFWL subs, but alas fate saw fit to fuck me.)

Nah, I bought it off of a third party seller on Amazon. It doesn't activate on Steam, but I just wanted to have it.

With any luck, it might one day. Ditto for Gears (and Shadowrun... haha).

Cth

Can someone sell me on Papa and Yo?

Similar games/mechanics? Voice acting outstanding? Animation/models?

I keep seeing everyone talking about it, but nothing specific so any info would be appreciated!

And yes, I know it's $1, but not having a full time job I have to be a little more cautious.

Oh, definitely. ;) (If there were no key redemption issues, it would have been too late to make changes to the GFWL subs, but alas fate saw fit to fuck me.)

With any luck, it might one day. Ditto for Gears.
That was my hope! I've held off on Gears because that relies more on online play in case it doesn't get fixed, but I want them both if they do come to Steam.

Viva Pinata is fantastic though, from the little I've played. Climax did that port as well, and it runs just fine. It makes me wish that there was a Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts and Bolts PC port.
I actually like it a lot, don't kill me.

Hip Hop

So is, uh, Gone Home supposed to be scary? Like those that pop out you?

It has that vibe going for it.

I'm 45 minutes and still nothing like that.

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
What the hell were the developers on when making this game?

(Antichamber).

I can't deal with this.

JaseC

That was my hope! I've held off on Gears because that relies more on online play in case it doesn't get fixed, but I want them both if they do come to Steam.

I foolishly bought Gears at full price in December 2007, but I still have the case and receipt, so if it does come to Steam I plan to pester Microsoft for a key. I also have a copy of Shadowrun lying around here somewhere, but I don't hold much hope of it being given a fate above being left to rot.

Viva Piñata right click>Properties>Local Files>Verify Integrity.

If it isnt on Steam IDK.

I can log onto GFWL I already have installed but for some reason, It won't work for games that I having logged into before. It can't reach the activation server. I believe the game might need a patch but since it can't connect, it can't get the patch it needs to activate.

I foolishly bought Gears at full price in December 2007, but I still have the case and receipt, so if it does come to Steam I plan to pester Microsoft for a key. I also have a copy of Shadowrun lying around here somewhere, but I don't hold much hope of it being given a fate above being left to rot.
Shadowrun is something that I wish I could have played in its prime. I haven't bothered since I heard the online was mostly dead, but I wanna play it so bad.

Baron_Calamity, can you finagle it and use an offline profile or does it not let you past the activation screen?

JaseC

Shadowrun is something that I wish I could have played in its prime. I haven't bothered since I heard the online was mostly dead, but I wanna play it so bad.

Dell AU were literally giving it away at one point. I think my copy is still in its plastic wrap, even.

Edit: Viva Pinata I want to pick up on the cheap. I'll probably chase a copy after the Winter Sale.

GreekWolf

Yes! Been waiting months for Skyrim:Legendary to drop to 20 bucks, and my patience has finally been rewarded.

I canceled my PS4 preorder at the last minute and picked up a Windforce GTX 780 instead. Next-gen starts nao :D

UrbanRats

Surely been answered, but are these in place of the Christmas sales? seems like having 2 big sales one after the other would be weird.

denx

I think there are more chances that Gears, Viva Pinata and the like will be transitioned to the Windows 8 store before they are made available on Steam.

fernandes

Surely been answered, but are these in place of the Christmas sales? seems like having 2 big sales one after the other would be weird.

It's been like this at least for 2 or 3 years now. A small Fall/Thanksgiving sale followed by the big Winter/Xmas sale.

Grief.exe

I think there are more chances that Gears, Viva Pinata and the like will be transitioned to the Windows 8 store before they are made available on Steam.

Microsoft seems to be just fine with releasing their older games on Steam.

Windows 8 store seems to be more for applications that carry over to the tablet space as well.

Cth

So is, uh, Gone Home supposed to be scary? Like those that pop out you?

It has that vibe going for it.

I'm 45 minutes and still nothing like that.

Nope.. there's maybe one spot where a light bulb explodes but nothing scary which some people felt misled about.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
What the hell were the developers on when making this game?

(Antichamber).

I can't deal with this.

They were on love. Pure love of all the standard mechanics and devices that go into games and said to themselves "let's not do those".

So whats the overall goal of Anti Chamber?

And has anyone played Resonance or Magical Diary? And how are they?

Thank you for the recommendation of DLC to buy for Sleeping Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom